• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looking forward to this conference.

Bw1mBkO.gif

But unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to watch it live. :(

Alebrije

At the end of the conference Shuei Yoshida appears:

-Just before you go let me intruce you a new member in our family , please welcome Mr. Hideo Kojima

Conference implodes .....

ajcacio

Banned
At the end of the conference Shuei Yoshida appears:

-Just before you go let me intruce you a new member in our family , please welcome Mr. Hideo Kojima

Conference implodes .....

Non compete clause ends in December...not gonna happen

Also I've seen a bunch of people saying ape escape 4. Is there any substance to this?

You know what? I really liked the story too. Until Tekken 6 where it got rediculous and the CG movie that turned the devil gene into super saiyan. Now everytime I see Kazuya and Jin it just makes me think of Goku and Vegeta.
you don't have to worry about blood vengeance. apparently it is not canon

I do agree though that t6 fucked the story more than any installment ever could. they made it seem like the devil gene is not at all anything plaguing the mishima bloodline particularly and that anyone could get it.
But the cold hard fact I've noticed is that saying the story is your favourite thing in a fighting game is one way to get trolled to hell because nobody plays these games for the story apparently.
hm. well, we care about it, there's definitely others likeminded out there - and haters gon' hate. even the makers of street fighter said they're gonna "rival" mortal kombat in terms of story.

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain

Man, I really hope we will see Ovosonico's next game at PGW (which is expected to be a ps4 game). I really digged Murasaki Baby's hand drawn art style and atmosphere. Really excited to see what's next from them.

Unfortunately I don't think we will see their next title until next years Gamescom or PGW at the earliest since Muraski Baby released Fall last year and Ovosonico's is a fairly small team. If they do make an appearance it would likely be for a reimagined PS4 port of Muraski Baby the same way Tearaway was reimagined for the PS4 but this would be extremely doubtful.

RexNovis

Banned
Kinda hope Jim Ryan wont do the presentation. He seems like a nice guy but on stage he really isn't the best. Feels so unsafe. Michael Denny on the other hand is pretty good.
Or they bring out some new guy like Asad at E3, he did his job pretty good too.

My man Asad Qizilbash, aka the man with the greatest name ever, had best be there.

He's the presenter we deserve.

Kinda hope Jim Ryan wont do the presentation. He seems like a nice guy but on stage he really isn't the best. Feels so unsafe. Michael Denny on the other hand is pretty good.
Or they bring out some new guy like Asad at E3, he did his job pretty good too.

Yeah Jim Ryan is not very good (but since he's the president of SCEE, there's 99% chance he'll be there).

My man Asad Qizilbash, aka the man with the greatest name ever, had best be there.

He's the presenter we deserve.

He did a damn good job for what was, to my knowledge, his very first presenting gig. Very natural, very casual, seemed genuinely passionate about the games he was showing off. His E3 debut and Shawn Layden's E3 debut are pretty much at opposite ends of the 'How to make a good first impression at a gaming event' spectrum.

That fucking name though.

I won't lie, I'm nervous about this game's gameplay reveal, whenever it happens. It's hard to know what kind of expectations to set in terms of its graphical quality. What if it looks like ass.

Okay, we're just little over a week with no leaks now, so it feels appropriate to jot down some expectations for the event. Realistically I think we'll see...

• Everybody's favourite drunken Irish uncle Jim Ryan presenting
  • A Dreams blowout
  • Quantic Dream's new game
  • Sony Bend's new game
  • A small project from Studio Japan, maybe something directed by Gavin Moore
  • A trailer for Hunger with possible release window
  • Rime release date
  • WiLD gameplay
  • Indie montage
  • PS1/PS2 Classics support for the PS4 announced
  • Gran Turismo 7 reveal
Bam. Shenmue HD will be reserved for PSX, as will God of War 4, Ape Escape 4 and Double Fine stuff.
Unfortunately I bet Gavin has been demoted to local Ito/Janitor status :(

Noooo, Gavin-chan doesn't deserve such a cruel fate. He should be directing batshit crazy games until he retires!

He sent me a PM once, just prior to the release of Puppeteer, thanking me for my support of the game and that he hoped I would enjoy it. That was a very nice gesture on his part. I always appreciated it.

Noooo, Gavin-chan doesn't deserve such a cruel fate. He should be directing batshit crazy games until he retires!

Who knows, maybe he has been bugging the higher ups to greenlight Puppeteer remaster. One can dream.

I know big announcements are the lifeblood of live conferences but considering how friggin packed 2016 is I'm not expecting much of anything new. And to be fair as I get older I have really become to dislike announcements made too early so I definately hope we won't see anything that is beyond holiday 2016, at the very latest Q1 2017.

I would be perfectly content with PS1/PS2 classics (hell, throw in PSP in there for a nice bonus) and some good trailers for the 2015/2016 games we already know. Battlefront Han/Palpatine hype, Tomorrow Children, Uncharted 4 single/multiplayer, Horizon, Ratchet, Dreams are probably the ones that could have some presence. More GR2 would be a treat but not expecting it.

I do think we will get at least 1 ''biggish'' 1st/2nd party game wether it will be GT7 (unfortunately I don't care for racing games), QD, Japan Studio or Bend. Price cut was the biggest announcement I expected but it obv not going to happen now.

Of course there will be the indie presence as well. And I expect PSVR to continue not having killer apps.

Gavin said that he was going to be working on smaller games. So PGW is definitely a place where it could be revealed.

As far as presenters go. Jim Ryan, Shahid, Shu, and Michael Denny are safe bets for some stage time.

bombshell

Non compete clause ends in December...not gonna happen

Also I've seen a bunch of people saying ape escape 4. Is there any substance to this?

It might still be possible depending on his contract if he joined but was on sabbatical or janitorial duties until December. He just wouldn't be able to do any game producing / development.

It might still be possible depending on his contract if he joined but was on sabbatical or janitorial duties until December. He just wouldn't be able to do any game producing / development.

Nah, big corporates aren't stupid with these clauses, it'll be just a blanket can't work for companies in said industry.

but that non complete clause looks to be up around PSX.....

Hexa

Bleh. This is going to be hard for me to catch on time. Damn it. I think I'll end up being like 20 minutes late or so. I'm hoping Sony is as late as possible. lol

Tregard

Soothsayer
While I severely doubt it here, I do wonder how many conference away we are from seeing Sonys next shot at Playstation Allstars, because we've heard they are looking into doing it again and doing it right.

Personally I love Sonys European conferences as they are usually where the smaller, more interesting titles are announced.

Meader

Is there going to be a Spoiler Free thread for this where the footage will be posted after its ended, similar to E3? I don't think I'll be able to catch it live.

Nouzka

While I severely doubt it here, I do wonder how many conference away we are from seeing Sonys next shot at Playstation Allstars, because we've heard they are looking into doing it again and doing it right.

Personally I love Sonys European conferences as they are usually where the smaller, more interesting titles are announced.

If they make another Allstars game, I hope it would not be another Smash clone, maybe more like Power Stone series. Hell, get Capcom to do it. And it has to have much better roster.

If they make another Allstars game, I hope it would not be another Smash clone, maybe more like Power Stone series. Hell, get Capcom to do it. And it has to have much better roster.

I'm pretty sure there won't be another Allstars for a long time. Not because the game didn't sell, it didn't light the charts but it did over a million, but because the pre launch period was absolutely toxic for the game. I remember good ol Paul Gale and angry Platinum developers lol.

IIRC, Verendus has said that that title is still about year off from reveal or something to that effect.

Rajang

Fair enough, you've got me there. 3 triple-A games in 2015's equivalent of a Sony Gamescom conference is a bit optimistic. I still think GT7 will be a PGW reveal though, simply because it's a franchise far more geared towards Europe. American audiences are less receptive to Sony's biggest IP so it'd make less of an impact at PSX. I will concede though, and say that Sony Bend's game is most likely going to be shown in December.

Already been discussed quite a few times that GT7 wont be at PGW. The owner of GT Planet confirmed that.

It's most likely going to be at PSX.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Already been discussed quite a few times that GT7 wont be at PGW. The owner of GT Planet confirmed that.

It's most likely going to be at PSX.
Translation:

As has been asserted several times before: The owner of GTPlanet alleges to know the plans of SCEWWS's announcements plans and because of unstated reasons I believe this to be true so it's going to be at PSX. Probably. Maybe.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Yeah, hoping GOW4 is a PSX lock. Has to be. They need to end the conference on a huge bang. Not sure if they're ready to show any real gameplay yet, but I would love to see an official confirmation that GOW4 is indeed their next game, and would like to see some hint as to the setting as well.

KORNdoggy

Yeah, hoping GOW4 is a PSX lock. Has to be. They need to end the conference on a huge bang. Not sure if they're ready to show any real gameplay yet, but I would love to see an official confirmation that GOW4 is indeed their next game, and would like to see some hint as to the setting as well.

unless they have rebooted that franchise as something different, then i'm not sure GOW4 is the way to end anything on a bang. critics seem pretty fatigued on the IP, as do most people in general.

Top Bottom