• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Eggbok

preach brother. Preach
May lord have mercy with me -__-

DriveClub--5-claves.gif

no but seriously, i i wouldn't mind if they top those graphics with 60FPS
Come on Polyphoni show us your skills !

I question this gif because in the actual game you can't see your own car in the side-view mirror. What kind of witchcraft is this?

viHuGi

Banned
Being generous, I'd give it a 10% chance of a new Crash game coming this gen.

So a while ago an insider named Verendus (secretly Phil Spencer) said there are 2 JRPGs in production at SCEJ. JRPG 1 was thought to be Bloodborne (it's apparently not) and JRPG 2 is supposed to have the scale and production values to match Final Fantasy (think Legend of the Dragoon back in the 90s). There are also several more coming this gen. He's been right on the mark several times before and there's no reason to not believe him.

10%?? im giving it a 0.01%.

Being generous, I'd give it a 10% chance of a new Crash game coming this gen.

So a while ago an insider named Verendus (secretly Phil Spencer) said there are 2 JRPGs in production at SCEJ. JRPG 1 was thought to be Bloodborne (it's apparently not) and JRPG 2 is supposed to have the scale and production values to match Final Fantasy (think Legend of the Dragoon back in the 90s). There are also several more coming this gen. He's been right on the mark several times before and there's no reason to not believe him.
So no one knows what jRPG1 is then?

VertPin

Wait...so FROM and Sony have a three game contract. That includes Bloodborne. Two games are left.

While Verendus denied a trilogy...we can at least expect a sequel, right? This game needs a sequel :(

It was successful too :(

I need a Bloodborne sequel. SCEJA/FROM wouldn't be that dull minded to ignore a sequel, would they? It did really well...

I think a new Crash will 100% happen this gen.

Nah no way. Crash is forever locked in Activision's basement.
They'd rather have ALL the money than just some of it. A licensed out Crash game wouldn't make the kind of big bucks Acti is used to.

Makes more sense to throw Crash into Skylanders than sell him off to Sony.

Turkoop

Banned
Wait...so FROM and Sony have a three game contract. That includes Bloodborne. Two games are left.

While Verendus denied a trilogy...we can at least expect a sequel, right? This game needs a sequel :(

I need a Bloodborne sequel. SCEJA/FROM wouldn't be that dull minded to ignore a sequel, would they? It did really well...

I'm sure they will Bloodborne 2 make happen

silva1991

I wouldn't be surprised if Bloodborne 2 was completely developed by Studio Japan without From.

honestly considering how Godlike the world design of The Last guardian and Gravity Rush 2 look I would trust Studio Japan to make a sequel to Bloodborne more than From's second team.

but that's just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bloodborne 2 was completely developed by Studio Japan without From.

honestly considering how Godlike the world design of The Last guardian and Gravity Rush 2 look I would trust Studio Japan to make a sequel to Bloodborne more than From's second team.

but that's just me.
Please no. I know some of you don't seem to be getting enough of the Souls series, but keep Studio Japan the fuck away from the series and have them make new games. No.

Cripshay

Banned

but that's just me.
Hm no, Japan Studio should make Demon's Souls 2. FROM won't do it because it's too similar to the Dark Souls franchise.

Any chance Sony Japan Studios are working with Level-5 on the game ?
If Sony owns the IP, then they are!

sn00zer

but that's just me.

Studio Japan hasnt really made anything "incredible" since....ever?....its been a while

viHuGi

Banned

but that's just me.

No chance honestly.

From nails the design of those kind of games.

silva1991

Studio Japan hasnt really made anything "incredible" since....ever?....its been a while

Since 2012? I loved the shit out of Gravity Rush 1

Please no. I know some of you don't seem to be getting enough of the Souls series, but keep Studio Japan the fuck away from the series and have them make new games. No.

i'm just saying it's possible lol. of course what I really want to see from them is that damn rumored Final Fantasy rival : (

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

It wouldn't surprise you? SCE Japan Studio going from zero development involvement to developing the entire thing is quite surprising and improbable.

but that's just me.

We've seen like 20 seconds of The Last Guardian and it's technically co-developed by NewGenDesign now.

I miss the "cartoony" NAUGHTY DOG :p

A lot of ND fans from the Crash/Jack days now are a lot older and likely crave more mature and realistic approach to story telling compared those previous games. Even the creatives mentioned something akin to this in an interview I saw somewhere a few months ago.

I could see them doing something Pixar-esque with a similar approach in the future though definitely.

For QD its all but confirmed that their PS4 game is set in a sci-fi setting. The codename is Horizon supposedly. Job postings and an old leak from 2010 support that.

Hexa

For QD its all but confirmed that their PS4 game is set in a sci-fi setting. The codename is Horizon supposedly. Job postings and an old leak from 2010 support that.

No. Horizon is GGs game. QD are supposedly working on a game called Singularity.

CGwizz

What is this jrpg that every one talks about ? competitor to final fantasy? Too good to be true, sony japan does not make one rpg since when?

stryke

No. Horizon is GGs game. QD are supposedly working on a game called Singularity.

He's half wrong half right.

VG247 posted a rumour QD had a project codenamed/named Horizon back in 2010. However in an interview with Eurogamer Cage called it fake

BadWolf

What is this jrpg that every one talks about ? competitor to final fantasy? Too good to be true, sony japan does not make one rpg since when?

It's supposedly a very large scale project, to the point where if it fails then they will never try anything of the like again.

He's half wrong half right.

VG247 posted a rumour QD had a project codenamed/named Horizon back in 2010. However in an interview with Eurogamer Cage called it fake
Well, even if the working title for the project could have been Horizon at the time, I think everybody can see that the definitive title will be something completely different, given that GG is going to publish a new I.P. with that title next year.

It's happening bruh

My money is on Bloodborne 2 and a new "spin-off" Souls with a new theme and lore.

BadWolf

wut? is there a source for this?

Verendus mentioned it earlier in the thread.

They have an agreement for 3 games apparently. Bloodborne was the first. It won't be a Bloodborne trilogy so expect either two other games or one more Bloodborne game and something different.

stryke

Well, even if the working title for the project could have been Horizon at the time, I think everybody can see that the definitive title will be something completely different, given that GG is going to publish a new I.P. with that title next year.

The rumour from VG247 was more than just the name, they described it as “a curious man raised very insularly meeting a free woman who is hesitant to exercise her freedom.” and Cage says he doesn't have any such script.

viHuGi

Banned
Verendus mentioned it earlier in the thread.

They have an agreement for 3 games apparently. Bloodborne was the first. It won't be a Bloodborne trilogy so expect either two other games or one more Bloodborne game and something different.

Can he tell us if the agreement is for ps4 only games?? Or will extend beyond that?

Top Bottom