• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Elfstruck

It's your own fault for getting your hope up. It's always fun to see these teases and leaks, but at least have some realistic expectation. Not that I want to defend Verendus' bs, but devs cancel games all the time. Just because he said certain games are being made doesn't mean it's gonna get release. Look at SSM's game, the game was in full production, I think? But that doesn't stop Sony from cancel it. The way I look at Verendus' teases is that whether they are true or not, it get me hyped for E3 and PSX. No need to get butthurt even if they are not true.

It's your own fault for getting your hope up. It's always fun to see these teases and leaks, but at least have some realistic expectation. Not that I want to defend Verendus' bs, but devs cancel games all the time. Just because he said certain games are being made doesn't mean it's gonna make it. Look at SSM's game, the game was in full production, I think? But that doesn't stop Sony from cancel it. The way I look at Verendus' teases is that whether they are true or not, it get me hyped for E3 and PSX. No need to get butthurt even if they are not true.
It wasn't getting "butt hurt" at all dude was straight lying about games he didn't even play. Don't see why anybody would defend that

That just seemed to be V's personality though. He was always goofing around with that balee stuff and what not.

I don't see how what he did with FFXV has to do with his (supposed) inside info. I'm fine with believing (Japan JRPG) because it doesn't really matter to me whether it is true or not. Japan studio will continue to make games and that is all that really matters.

Oh, good to send Bend expanding too.

That just seemed to be V's personality though. He was always goofing around with that balee stuff and what not.

I don't see how what he did with FFXV has to do with his (supposed) inside info. I'm fine with believing (Japan JRPG) because it doesn't really matter to me whether it is true or not. Japan studio will continue to make games and that is all that really matters.

Oh, good to send Bend expanding too.
Yea moving on from dude. Where all my bend studio is next peeps at now huh!

Next step days gone success

Elfstruck

It wasn't getting "butt hurt" at all dude was straight lying about games he didn't even play. Don't see why anybody would defend that

All I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to bring up his teases in this thread, because we all know they are fake. Half of last page was people arguing about his jrpg tease. There's more to discuss than just going over some old leaks that will never be true.

Trago

Bend expanding mean that they have a chance to finally spend as much resources as possible into developing a sequel to Bubsy 3D!

Unreal Engine 4! 50 million dollar dev budget!

Do it Bend!

Dabi

The e3 Demo didn't really do it for me. Hopefully they show a bigger emphasis on the bike, crafting and how you can manipulate the zombies this E3.

jiggle

I mean, it called into question his credibility after the ffxv lie

But it's hard to say Verendamus knew nothing after Lost Legacy came true

That's a pretty hard thing to just completely guess right(compared to something like FFVIIR)

Too many games for this E3 tbh.

- I'd push Dreams and Detroit into the EU E3, whether it's Gamescom or PGS.
- Move TLOU2 into gameplay for PSX closer, and show MP on the next E3 for a 2018 Q4 or 2019 release date.

- Open with GOWIV 15min and include a quick semi-boss or boss battle at the end for the epicness.
- Uncharted Legacy trailer
- Quick trailer of GT Sport, bigger focus at PGS.
- Bend's new IP to get another big push
- RDR2, Battlefront II, and COD getting their shine
- FFVIIR gameplay demo & release date, KHIII demo & release date
- Death Stranding gameplay demo, & release date
- PSVR
- indie reel
- 1 unique indie getting its own push
- 1 new IP AAA surprise
- Spiderman gameplay with release date
- close with Sucker Punch's new IP

That's a fuckton of content, easily to make 90-120m long conference without padding.

- Move TLOU2 into gameplay for PSX closer, and show MP on the next E3 for a 2018 Q4 or 2019 release date.

- Open with GOWIV 15min and include a quick semi-boss or boss battle at the end for the epicness.
- PSVR
- indie reel
- 1 new IP AAA surprise

That's a fuckton of content, easily to make 90-120m long conference without padding.
What no way they already delayed the beta for dreams
Detroit needs to be there too.

Way more than last of us part 2 which is early,death stranding which just got started and gt sport which should be out already

BigEmil

Is Bartlet something something Studios (basically David Jaffe's studio) still working with Sony? Sony was the one who funded their company or something right when he announced in i think PSX 2014.

I wonder what they will do after Drawn to Death since that's finished.

What no way they already delayed the beta for dreams
Detroit needs to be there too.

Way more than last of us part 2 which is early,death stranding which just got started and gt sport which should be out already
They can give a 1 minute trailer for Dreams to talk about the beta then, and give a long presentation during PGS which hopefully contains a single player video.

Dreams does not need to be there. There's a ton of media during PGS's time and it will allow some of their games to not get overshadowed. The list I put up is already insanely long with hyped up AAA games.

With the success of Ratchet and Clank, releasing remaster Parappa, Patapon and Loco Roco i am glad that Sony is bringing back the vide variety of their studios. Hopefully new games for Sly, Jak and Ape Escape, Parappa, and Loco Roco.

BigEmil

With the success of Ratchet and Clank, releasing remaster Parappa, Patapon and Loco Roco i am glad that Sony is bringing back the vide variety of their studios. Hopefully new games for Sly, Jak and Ape Escape, Parappa, and Loco Roco.
Yeah and releasing higher quality mobile versions alongside of these will raise awareness for these IP which benefit them alot, Sony been focusing and taking more seriously much more into mobile development than before

camac002

- PSVR
- indie reel
- 1 new IP AAA surprise

Not a bad list, but I can't see them starting with GoW again, let alone 15mins of it.

MCD250

I reckon they will open with a new (that is, unannounced) game for maximum impact, something that folks won't know to expect. Same way they opened 2015 with The Last Guardian and 2016 with God of War. I could see Sucker Punch's game being the one that opens, provided it's visually impactful enough.

Eggbok

Dreams will be there

It better be there, I need it.
giphy.gif

Spider-Man alone is gonna need at least 45 minutes

An hour just to be safe, need to detail the web swinging.

I reckon they will open with a new (that is, unannounced) game for maximum impact, something that folks won't know to expect. Same way they opened 2015 with The Last Guardian and 2016 with God of War. I could see Sucker Punch's game being the one that opens, provided it's visually impactful enough.

Yeah, that would be awesome. Dont even show the Sucker Punch logo until the end of the trailer.

The thing is the impact of those openers also come from their position of awareness of those properties. TLG is a long awaited re-announcement and GoW is known, which elicited that response even though nothing needs to be contextually set-up about those reveals.

A repeat of that tactic wouldn't be as effective with a new IP. Maybe a Bloodborne 2 or something along those lines, but the new IP reveal would be better served as the 2nd game after the first reveal.

camac002

I reckon Sucker Punch IP will be at the start or end, and since its been quite a while since Infamous, I expect it will actually come with a release date on it's first showing. That would be rare for a new Sony IP!

The thing is the impact of those openers also come from their position of awareness of those properties. TLG is a long awaited re-announcement and GoW is known, which elicited that response even though nothing needs to be contextually set-up about those reveals.

A repeat of that tactic wouldn't be as effective with a new IP. Maybe a Bloodborne 2 or something along those lines, but the new IP reveal would be better served as the 2nd game after the first reveal.

A Bloodborne 2 would be a nice opening, yeah.

farisr

Yeah, I don't think God of War will be opening or closing this time around. But will still have a demo. Instead of a longer one, will likely have an action heavy shorter demo. Showcase the combat (that hopefully looks a lot smoother now) against a bunch of smaller enemies, show off new moves and mechanics possibly, and then into an epic boss battle showing only the first phase of it. Cut to title.

farisr

The best thing for Dreams will be if they just start it up without mentioning what it is, play through a proper level/or part of a level, and it does not look like anything the game's previous promotional videos have made it look like. Looks like a legit brand new game, and then boom, the reveal that it was made entirely in dreams. Showcase montage of various types of games and gameplay, the tons of creations possible and some of the more impressive looking manipulation abilities in the game while creating, come out on stage talk for like 30 seconds to introduce a level that represents what folks will be getting from the campaign of the game.

But if Dreams is a 2018 release, and they don't intend to start the beta till later in the year, I think this will happen at PSX instead.

Frostman

- PSVR
- indie reel
- 1 new IP AAA surprise

I don't think we will get another 15 minute opener from GoW, I think we will get a gameplay trailer of it but definitely not at the start, along with a spring 2018 date.

Quick trailer of GT is on the mark I would say, along with an October release.

Bend will no doubt have a Gameplay demo, perhaps showing off a larger, more powerful enemy type. Along with a showcase of more 'RPG' elements.

I don't think we will see RDR 2. Nor do I think we will see FF7R or KH 3.

We will no doubt see more Death Stranding (even though I don't agree with showing it yet) but I don't think we will get a date.

Spider-Man will probably get a 2018 date. I also think Sucker-punch will open rather than close.

camac002

Either way, this E3 should have the most actual gameplay demos we've had in a long time right? Seems like almost every game being predicted is capable of having some sort of demo. Least likely off the top of my head, TLOU2, Death Stranding and a new AAA IP that isn't Sucker Punch.

Eggbok

More of a chance than the last of us and death stranding id say

Nd Spider-Man needs its own conference to itself

That's true, as much as I want the The Last of Us to be at E3 this year I just don't see it actually happening. I feel like it will be a PSX thing, as of right now Naughty Dog has opened every PSX conference and TLOU2 would be a perfect fit to continue that trend.

Either way, this E3 should have the most actual gameplay demos we've had in a long time right? Seems like almost every game being predicted is capable of having some sort of demo. Least likely off the top of my head, TLOU2, Death Stranding and a new AAA IP that isn't Sucker Punch.

I'd be shocked if we saw gameplay of DS or TLOU2.

Wozman23

EDIT:

- Open with Sucker Punch's new IP and release date (hopefully 2017)
- Bend's new IP to get another big push, and release date
- RDR2, Battlefront II, and COD get quick mentions about exclusive bonuses
- GOW IV demo and release date.
- Knack 2 demo and release date
- New Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper trailer
- FFVIIR gameplay demo & release date KHIII demo & release date (too early for release dates and possibly even demos)
- Death Stranding trailer gameplay demo & release date (still too early in development)
- Horizon DLC
- PSVR
- indie reel
- 1 unique indie getting its own push (something new, or maybe Matterfall gameplay, or Vane with release date)
- close with 1 new IP AAA surprise

I think it's always good to bookend with new surprises. And with so much first party content, I think the third party stuff should just be a quick mention.

I'd love for the closer to be the sequel to The Order, but I'm not gonna wish that disappointment on those who hated it.

Top Bottom