• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Skeeter49

Syphon Filter remake, return of the taser.

E3 I think they start with Bloodborne 2, Layden comes out, transitions to SP'S game.

I would think Atlus would do a Shenmue remaster / remake. Unless Sony is helping with it. Just doesn't seem like a Sega thing to do.

Luke_Wal

Would be interesting to see what they've been working on considering they made a huge emphasis that they're "remaking" a game.

http://bluepointgames.com/employment-opportunities/senior-graphics-programmer/

I've never played a Souls game beyond half an hour of Bloodborne (which I hated), but this kind of language really makes me think it might be Demon's Souls. Sony clearly knows what they missed out on here, which they've now shown repeatedly through Bloodborne and publishing Nioh, and I think they want to capitalize on that.

Zukkoyaki

Sony has made a habit of opening with something huge yet quickly identifiable, TLG in 2015, GoW in 2016. Something by From would fit the bill especially if it's a sequel to Bloodborne.

They also usually have the first parties at the beginning before saving one or two of their biggest games for last. So something like...

- From Software game
- Sucker Punch new IP
- Dreams
- Detroit
- Days Gone
- Spider-Man

And close with a jaw-dropping God of War demo.

RedHill

Banned
Lots of people forgetting the 'Rockstar don't do E3' rule.

RDR2 won't be there, it'll get its own event.
GTA V remaster was on Sony's stage and this game has a deal with Sony, so there's reason to believe that's about to change. Plus, that one sony leaker that was on here and got everything right said that Red Dead was supposed to be revealed last e3 on Sony's stage

GTA V remaster was on Sony's stage and this game has a deal with Sony, so there's reason to believe that's about to change. Plus, that one sony leaker that was on here and got everything right said that Red Dead was supposed to be revealed last e3 on Sony's stage

Red Dead can really go either way. They're really a company that doesn't care about E3. That's not to say they never do it, but they don't care about it the way other companies do. They really like to have it where all the spotlight is on their game by just debuting a trailer or gameplay on its own day. The original Redemption is a great example of it. The debuted the first trailer for it just a month before E3. So, we could actually see something like that where their website updates and they announce that some random day in May is the next time we'll see it.

But if Sony does manage to get it at E3, then it's going to be the show opener. It's a brand new game from Rockstar that we've seen next to nothing on. So, the level of prestige that it has is really second to none.

Infamous Collection please!
Hell I'll be fine with even a Killzone or Resistance Trilogy.

They will happen this gen imo. Why wouldn't they. Especially if we have BC on the next consoles, they could sell those collections for years and years.
Personally I want an Infamous collection the most.

BenJafaar

Neo Member
Like the Nathan Drake Collection in 2015, they will announce a collection in June again.
For a franchise with its newest entry releasing in the following months.

I hope I'm wrong but this screams GoW1-2-(3?).
New GoW releases 3/2018.

bombshell

Would be interesting to see what they've been working on considering they made a huge emphasis that they're "remaking" a game.

http://bluepointgames.com/employment-opportunities/senior-graphics-programmer/

Yep, remake instead of remaster seems to be a keyword, so I think that points to PS2 era or earlier since PS3 games would not need to be remade as much as they would need to just be remastered in terms of graphics and possibly gameplay systems.

That particular sentence also leaves open the possibility that it's multiplatform.

Sony has made a habit of opening with something huge yet quickly identifiable, TLG in 2015, GoW in 2016. Something by From would fit the bill especially if it's a sequel to Bloodborne.

They also usually have the first parties at the beginning before saving one or two of their biggest games for last. So something like...

- From Software game
- Sucker Punch new IP
- Dreams
- Detroit
- Days Gone
- Spider-Man

And close with a jaw-dropping God of War demo.

Yeah, from the small sample we have they seem to be opening with something easily identifiable, and I think it's equally important to close on something very memorable.

I think the opening could well be Uncharted: TLL, Spider-Man or Bloodborne 2/From's next. The closer could be Spider-Man (would go well at either end of the conference), God of War or Sucker Punch's next. Open and close the conference with the biggest games.

A proper Killzone 2 remaster (not only resolution bump) or Demon's Souls remaster (the same), could be awesome!

Yup either of these two would get my money.

Same here, although I would want 'modern' FPS controls in KZ2 because I don't think I could go back to the heavy feel and input lag of old. Although overall I would prefer the Resistance Trilogy to be remastered.

Like the Nathan Drake Collection in 2015, they will announce a collection in June again.

New GoW releases 3/2018.

I really don't see it happening with God of War. They would need a massive amount of re-development work. The Uncharted games were already visually amazing, but can you imagine how much character & texture work would need re-doing from God of War 1 & 2? Unless they can easily import stuff from GoW3 back into the other two, which I seriously doubt.

A proper Killzone 2 remaster (not only resolution bump) or Demon's Souls remaster (the same), could be awesome!

Listen to this man right here!
I'd wee myself a little with excitement if KZ2 got a full remaster along with it's amazing multiplayer.

Maybe now that Guerilla has a few more fans after Horizon, more people might be interested in giving it a go (og game sold well enough I know)
God, I really miss playing KZ2.

Rymuth

New GoW releases 3/2018.
I expect Gow1-2 to simply follow the Jak and Daxter announcement. It'll be the next big PS2onPS4 release from Sony.

Preorder GoW4 and you get those two for free

tzare

hOlxmCF.jpg

Let the speculation begin

The only answer is Motorstorm collection

/stops dreaming

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love a Killzone collection remaster but I highly doubt it's coming. I mean, why would it? Killzone is definitely on the shelf for the next few years. Same for Resistance and Motorstorm, what with Insomniac on Spiderman and Evolution not existing.

I'll throw my hat in the Shenmue collection ring.

I'd love a Killzone collection remaster but I highly doubt it's coming. I mean, why would it? Killzone is definitely on the shelf for the next few years. Same for Resistance and Motorstorm, what with Insomniac on Spiderman and Evolution not existing.

I'll throw my hat in the Shenmue collection ring.

You're probably right -- I don't think Sony has released a remaster or collection yet on PS4 unless it was for a series with an upcoming new game. Maybe it will be Resistance ahead of the fourth instalment, Resistance: Fall of Ham!

Lots of people forgetting the 'Rockstar don't do E3' rule.

RDR2 won't be there, it'll get its own event.

They announced GTA V current gen on Sony stage. That was a pretty big deal imo.

Every Rockstar game is big enough for its own event obviously, but why wouldn't they let Sony show a trailer at they press conference and give some information about the exclusive stuff.

Eggbok

Playstation has a marketing deal with R*, they gonna show RDR2 gameplay during livestream.

If we get gameplay at E3 it will be a gameplay trailer (cutscene heavy with little snippets of gameplay) not a demo in my mind. Rockstar is going to show everything off themselves via their website.

Infamous and Demon's Souls are the only two PS3 franchises that would move the needle to a broad audience at E3.

KZ and Resistence have their psotitives but they'd get super lost in the shuffle with all the FPS that exists and is still to come this year and aren't the best that Sony first party has to offer of franchises that could be remastered.

Denzar

Playstation has a marketing deal with R*, they gonna show RDR2 gameplay during livestream.

I don't think so. They'll stick to a story related trailer and release their trademark "gameplay series" in the run up to release. They did so for every game since RDR 1 and it's been very effective. I'm also pretty sure RDR2 will be postponed. Because Rockstar. I believe postponing a game is part of their marketing strategy.

Eggbok

Infamous and Demon's Souls are the only two PS3 franchises that would move the needle to a broad audience at E3.

KZ and Resistence have their psotitives but they'd get super lost in the shuffle with all the FPS that exists and is still to come this year and aren't the best that Sony first party has to offer of franchises that could be remastered.

You know what I would love, if Resistance was rebooted as a survival/horror fps. Like a hybrid of Resistance FoM, Dead Space and Condemned. Play as the first group of people to discover and interact with the Chimera while they start to invade the first city they come in contact with.

I don't think we will get another 15 minute opener from GoW, I think we will get a gameplay trailer of it but definitely not at the start, along with a spring 2018 date.

Quick trailer of GT is on the mark I would say, along with an October release.

Bend will no doubt have a Gameplay demo, perhaps showing off a larger, more powerful enemy type. Along with a showcase of more 'RPG' elements.

I don't think we will see RDR 2. Nor do I think we will see FF7R or KH 3.

We will no doubt see more Death Stranding (even though I don't agree with showing it yet) but I don't think we will get a date.

Spider-Man will probably get a 2018 date. I also think Sucker-punch will open rather than close.
Dude if we do not see FFVIIR, then SquareEnix should grab all of Nomura's things, put them in a box and throw him the fuck out of the building. Most incompetent lead in gaming right now. He's a genius, but completely incompetent in running a team to be productive. He's equivalent of the TLG guy except that he gets a lot more funding and does it for every single game.

I'm 100% confident any other guy running that show would get FFVII PART One done by Q4 2017, but with Nomura you just kinda hope it's this gen with his garbage track record.

Dude if we do not see FFVIIR, then SquareEnix should grab all of Nomura's things, put them in a box and throw him the fuck out of the building. Most incompetent lead in gaming right now. He's a genius, but completely incompetent in running a team to be productive. He's equivalent of the TLG guy except that he gets a lot more funding and does it for every single game.

I'm 100% confident any other guy running that show would get FFVII PART One done by Q4 2017, but with Nomura you just kinda hope it's this gen with his garbage track record.
I can imagine this post getting quoted 1000 times in that other thread. One does not simply put any amount of blame on their lord nomura

Turkoop

Banned
I don't think so. They'll stick to a story related trailer and release their trademark "gameplay series" in the run up to release. They did so for every game since RDR 1 and it's been very effective. I'm also pretty sure RDR2 will be postponed. Because Rockstar. I believe postponing a game is part of their marketing strategy.

Never said a Gameplay demo ^^ I was also refering to a Gameplay Trailer, ~2-5 minutes.

I can imagine this post getting quoted 1000 times in that other thread. One does not simply put any amount of blame on their lord nomura
Post it in that topic with my username on it. I understand his fans would spend a lot of times quoting my post. What else are they going to do while they wait for another game that Nomura takes far longer then it should to get out as it gets into development hell?

Post it in that topic with my username on it. I understand his fans would spend a lot of times quoting my post. What else are they going to do while they wait for another game that Nomura takes far longer then it should to get out as it gets into development hell?
Daaaaaamn. Kh3 is my most anticipated game this generation nothing will ever come close and even I don't know what the hell kinda defense is going on in there. Blaming tabata,calling the PS3 a failure,ffxv somehow took up like 5 pages,it's squares fault. It's never maybe just maybe nomura plays a part too

RedHill

Banned
OléGunner;234576679 said:
Why the hell would R* show up at E3 with anything other than a remaster?
They don't do E3 for brand new games.
It was "R* doesn't do E3" period and now it's "They only do E3 for remasters."

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I am definitely not expecting the FF7 remake at E3. That's up there with Death Stranding as a game I expect to play on PS5 rather than 4.

Eggbok

I am definitely not expecting the FF7 remake at E3. That's up there with Death Stranding as a game I expect to play on PS5 rather than 4.

I don't think Death Stranding will be PS5, though it would be one hell of a launch game. Since Decima is already an amazing engine I'd like to imagine it would help him achieve the things he has in mind much sooner than if he were making a new engine on his own. There's also the fact that two studios are working together to enhance that engine so I'm sure that's very beneficial as well.

Daaaaaamn. Kh3 is my most anticipated game this generation nothing will ever come close and even I don't know what the hell kinda defense is going on in there. Blaming tabata,calling the PS3 a failure,ffxv somehow took up like 5 pages,it's squares fault. It's never maybe just maybe nomura plays a part too

As someone who's been in the other thread, plenty of people have said Nomura shares in the blame. They just understand it isn't anywhere near 100% his fault. Because it isn't.

Jesus. Calm down. FFVIIR hasn't even been in development for that long, they only announced it two years ago and it was really early in development even at that point.

And really, "the TLG guy"?

What does KH3 have to do with anything? Nomura's name may be listed as the co-director but Yasue's the one running things.

Top Bottom