• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

No, Verendus said Level 5 is making two PS4 exclusives, and Sony Japan is making two JRPGs (actually it's three, but the 3rd one is still in very early development) however he never said Sony Japan is making these JRPGs internally.

Yep, all the talk of Japan Studio developing a JRPG internally is basically a game of telephone. One is obviously being developed by Level 5 but who knows who's doing the other.

Though I'm pretty sure he didn't say Level 5 were working on two PS4 exclusives, he merely suggested that they could be. It's a good hint that they are but like the above, not definitive.

One of them better be a Soul Sacrifice game.

Given Inafune's comments, I'd say there's probably a 5% chance of that happening.

Given Inafune's comments, I'd say there's probably a 5% chance of that happening.

What were Inafune's comments? I take it Soul Sacrifice did not do very well then? That doesn't especially surprise me, but it's a shame they can't make a bigger sequel with more interesting level design and a more flowing structure on PS4.

GT : Optimism
GB : Cynism

I'll watch both, but honestly they're great for different reasons.

I rewatched every conference with giant bomb that is available on youtube and the only conference where they were really negative was the E3 Sony conference which was weird. I like them a lot because they have a lot of insight to this industry.

Begaria

Just scheduled Oct 27th off so I can sit around and watch a single conference and hit the internet about it all day.

Riozaki

Banned
What were Inafune's comments? I take it Soul Sacrifice did not do very well then? That doesn't especially surprise me, but it's a shame they can't make a bigger sequel with more interesting level design and a more flowing structure on PS4.

Yeah, I always wanted a Soul Sacrifice game on PS4. I even tweeted that to Yoshida.

I think the game has so many potential with the coop and sacrificing some part of your body or even sacrificing your friends to take out the boss, but I feel VITA hold it back for being much, much bigger.

If they made one on PS4 with triple A budget, I'm pretty sure it's going to be as big as Souls series or even bigger.

I rewatched every conference with giant bomb that is available on youtube and the only conference where they were really negative was the E3 Sony conference which was weird. I like them a lot because they have a lot of insight to this industry.

Their insights are very good, but their jokes when watching the conferences are always more on the "...huh, that's a thing" kinda of vibe.

Yeah, I always wanted a Soul Sacrifice game on PS4. I even tweeted that to Yoshida.

I think the game has so many potential with the coop and sacrificing some part of your body or even sacrificing your friends to take out the boss, but I feel VITA hold it back for being much, much bigger.

If they made one on PS4 with triple A budget, I'm pretty sure it's going to be as big as Souls series or even bigger.

Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice need to come out on PS4.

sora87

Will watch with gametrailers or giant bomb, decision is hard.

GT all the way

RkaBwPu.gif

The elephant in the room for games like FW/SS is "does it have an audience on consoles?"

A lot of the hunting action style games, even those released on consoles, are designed for handhelds first, with consoles just as additional revenue streams, but the core design of said games have always been for handheld first.

BadWolf

The elephant in the room for games like FW/SS is "does it have an audience on consoles?"

A lot of the hunting action style games, even those released on consoles, are designed for handhelds first, with consoles just as additional revenue streams, but the core design of said games have always been for handheld first.

MH did start out as a console game but yeah, these days devs unfortunately focus mostly on handhelds.

Would love for SS to hit PS4 or PS3.

2thepoint

2 weeks left guys

I'm calling it...Red Dead 2 timed exclusivity for PS4 at PGW.

Imagine if the reason Rockstar said they weren't doing story DLC for GTA V was because they were focusing all resources on a return to Vice City, coming first to PS4.

GAF servers irradiated lol

Turkoop

Banned
I'm calling it...Red Dead 2 timed exclusivity for PS4 at PGW.

Imagine if the reason Rockstar said they weren't doing story DLC for GTA V was because they were focusing all resources on a return to Vice City, coming first to PS4.

GAF servers irradiated lol

BOOM.

He was asked if we'd see a new Soul Sacrifice in the Dengeki questionnaire and his reply was "Try asking Sony. I'm also waiting."

I don't think its sales were the problem, I think the problem is the PS4. As far as I'm aware, the PS4 port of God Eater 2: Rage Burst sold like shit compared to the Vita version, so Nightengale seems to be right to question whether there's even an audience for those kind of games on consoles. Your best bet is probably the Monster Hunter games Verendus teased selling well enough to change Sony's mind but who knows what those games will even be.

DKHF

the director of EPIC in Japan hinted, that we will get an AAA Anouncement at the End of the Year which uses the Unreal Engine

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122276

and we know that Sony Bend is using the UE4 for their AAA Game. So no Sony Bend at Paris Games Week?

or was he only referring to japanese titles?
He's talking about Japanese titles only.

It's probably FFVIIR which I'm guessing will be announced to be using UE4 at PSX.

Top Bottom