• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
SMH. So WRPGs can consist of everything from Baldur's Gate to Witcher to Fallout to Mass Effect but the idea that Dragon's Dogma or Demon's Souls are JRPGs is horrible because JRPGs are strictly turn based animu games, right?

Though I guess I'll give you credit for not pulling out the old "Souls games are WRPGs for... reasons" argument. That one's great, conveniently ignoring that From have been making these kind of games for decades and that you'd have to go back decades to find any WRPG that comes close to them.

100% agreed!

Studio: Naughty Dog
History: Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, The Last of Us
President: Evan Walls & Co Ballestra
Director(s): Neil Druckmann, Bruce Straley
Employees: ~280

Shouldn't that be Evan Wells?

sublimit

Banned
Next FS exclusive for PS4 currently in development is a Sony published first party title, like Bloodborne, and is a JRPG. There is another project in development in a similar context which is also a JRPG, and is going to be a Sony published title aka first party.

But Yosp said they are not working on any JRPGs.

Shouldn't that be Evan Wells?

hmm thanks for the notice !

didn't have that much time....Tomorrow the rest will be updated

d663be-1446425865.png

DKHF

Even if Japan Studio have had a AAA (turn based) JRPG to rival FF in development for 2+ years there's no way Shu would just admit it in an interview before announcement.

There will be an announcement trailer at PSX, then the first gameplay at E3 IMO.

This is what I'm expecting too. I think we'll see a CGI or gameplay trailer to close the show and give us an idea for the direction they're taking it, and then we'll have a shit load of gameplay next year before an early 2017 release.

Shabad

Going by Verendus - not sure we should but hell - we are still short of two first party games annoucement. I would put money on God of War and Bend Studios.

Going by Verendus - not sure we should but hell - we are still short of two first party games annoucement. I would put money on God of War and Bend Studios.

The time is definitely right to hear about Bend's next game - it has been almost four years since Golden Abyss launched on Vita with the Japanese launch (and then I think the following February here in the West?). Very interested to see what it is, and I think Shinobi has said that it's an open-world horror game. I hope it's not a Ubisoft checklist-style open world, but instead something a bit more atmospheric and meaningful like STALKER.

DKHF

The time is definitely right to hear about Bend's next game - it has been almost four years since Golden Abyss launched on Vita with the Japanese launch (and then I think the following February here in the West?). Very interested to see what it is, and I think Shinobi has said that it's an open-world horror game. I hope it's not a Ubisoft checklist-style open world, but instead something a bit more atmospheric and meaningful like STALKER.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but according to this post Bend's PS4 game only went into full production in January, so maybe it's further out than we think?

Also if the rumors of a Destiny 2 next year is true, I can see them revealing it on PSX.

That's not rumours. There's going to be a new Destiny instalment (main sequel then expansion) every year for a decade.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but according to this post Bend's PS4 game only went into full production in January, so maybe it's further out than we think?

That's surprising. E3 2016 then, I guess. I have no problem with this though; let them take their time.

just found out about verendus ban
wonder if it's because of the jrpg thing

Why would the mods care about that? He got banned for the same reason he always gets banned, he went a bit too far with his trolling. But he'll be back soon enough, they're not going to perma-ban him for joking around.

The God

That's not rumours. There's going to be a new Destiny instalment (main sequel then expansion) every year for a decade.

That's surprising. E3 2016 then, I guess. I have no problem with this though; let them take their time.

Verendus in this thread said Bend was coming up relatively soon so PSX sounds like a good bet.

eFKac

That's so nice of you! ^_~

Lol no offence man, nothing against the studio itself, loved Resistance Retribution, but it seems like you're gonna be Sony's record holder for a studio longest without a game released, second only to Team Ico, but well it's no more afaik.

Yoshida and Sony have closed studios for less lately, or that's at least what it looked like from the outside.

Is this a temporary ban?

probably his typical troll ban. So i hope temporary
I asked Verendus about Yoshidas statement & he said, that is just a typical PR statement (the same that Kitase and ONO did about the asked projects)

Its actually sad how fast people change the sides and condemm people from one day to another.
Yesterday he was a Hero and now some people ask for his ban (without even waiting to see he was really lying )
The same happened with Yakuza....and now we got Yakuza 5

Do we have a similar thread for Xbox? Now that we have one for both PlayStation and Wii U. I'm just curious.

i actually prepared one for another site - but i fear it will get locked here
Also its a pretty confusing list, since there are only about 3-5 First Party Studios that work on AAA Games

Turkoop

Banned
probably his typical troll ban. So i hope temporary
I asked Verendus about Yoshidas statement & he said, that is just a typical PR statement (the same that Kitase and ONO did about the asked projects)

Its actually sad how fast people change the sides and condemm people from one day to another.
Yesterday he was a Hero and now some people ask for his ban (without even waiting to see he was really lying )
The same happened with Yakuza....and now we got Yakuza 5

which statement, the thing about to change PSN ID ?

which statement, the thing about to change PSN ID ?

no Yoshida said that Sony isn't working on a JRPG Game and people suddenly condemned Verendus and asked for his ban....even tough we all know that developers/people in this position don't tell the truth all the time (so we should wait and see before judging)

Turkoop

Banned
no Yoshida said that Sony isn't working on a JRPG Game and people suddenly condemned Verendus and asked for his ban....even tough we all know that developers/people in this position don't tell the truth all the time (so we should wait and see before judging)

Ah that thing, of course he would say that they're not working on a unannounced game ^^

It's so frustrating how people don't use their brains.

ZarKryn7

People need to understand that Sony needs to keep their secret projects a secret. Some of these project might come into fruition, some might not. That's why shuhei pulled a jaffe. Well allegedly... If verendus was telling the truth.

Top Bottom