• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q1 Results: $312 Million Loss

tuffy

Yep. But a phone is ok. Personally, the iOS version of Spy vs. Spy that just came out is all I've been playing!

I honestly can't imagine being in public and playing a DS or a Vita. You might as well hang a sign on your back that says "Man Child At Work! Mom's Basement is Awesome!".
This is the sort of scenario dreamed up by the insecure.

Adults literally don't care what electronic gadgets other adults have their faces buried in. I've seen classic Gameboys in use on public transit and not a single fuck is given by anyone.

mujun

Honestly, that's a great Christmas line-up and could even rival the consoles in its own way.

Really? Comments like this make me question your objectivity. There are at least 15 big games not to mention a bunch of lesser titles hitting the consoles over the next 4+ months and you list 5 games for the Vita that are supposed to help it "rival" the consoles.

XOMTOR

Yep. But a phone is ok. Personally, the iOS version of Spy vs. Spy that just came out is all I've been playing!

I honestly can't imagine being in public and playing a DS or a Vita. You might as well hang a sign on your back that says "Man Child At Work! Mom's Basement is Awesome!".

Haha Cheech, now someone needs to make a t-shirt with that written on the back. Honestly, in a small way, I can sorta understand since one of the things I do like about the PSPGo is that it's super small/sleek and looks just like a slider phone; doesn't look like a game console. Of course, there's no shortage of strange individuals out in public so I doubt anyone would care what type of game device you had in your hands.

Mario007

Good one, Nintendo released Rythm Heaven and Fatal Frame (Project Zero) this very year along with Xenoblade/Last Story/Pandora Tower.
So yeah if you call whatchamacallit3 decent support, Nintendo did stellar so far.

Xenoblade and Last Story were only intended for the japanese market until Nintendo faced huge pressure to bring it over here (Last Story is not actually even published by Nintendo in America). Patamon was pretty huge for PSP and it scored very well critically, add to that things like God of War that came out 1 and half years ago, new psp versions coming out, increase of the psp essential line-p and there's definite support.

Really? Comments like this make me question your objectivity. There are at least 15 big games not to mention a bunch of lesser titles hitting the consoles over the next 4+ months and you list 5 games for the Vita that are supposed to help it "rival" the consoles.

I said 'in its own way'. Actually for objectivity reasons I changed my last comment because, at first I had 3DS written in there but didn't want my comment to come across as simply bashing a rival platform for Vita. You're right there is more big titles coming out for consoles, but having 5 big titles coming out for the Christmas period in the platform's very first year of life is surely a very good line-up.

Mael

Xenoblade and Last Story were only intended for the japanese market until Nintendo faced huge pressure to bring it over here (Last Story is not actually even published by Nintendo in America). Patamon was pretty huge for PSP and it scored very well critically, add to that things like God of War that came out 1 and half years ago, new psp versions coming out, increase of the psp essential line-p and there's definite support.

Look you came up with games nobody cared about that barely registered on anyone's radar to defend Sony's pathetic support for the psp so I came with some equally stellar support from Nintendo.
Seriously next you'll say that they released SOCOM and how they don't need CoD because of that.
Hey NoA have Kirby Anniversary slated for the end of the year, that's some quality support!
No wonder you're extatic about Vita's support.

e : I don't think I've even seen any store carry Patapon 3 and that's from April 2011!
With Zelda alone, Nintendo supported the Wii better than what Sony did with the psp.

Vlodril

Its funny how people keep saying Sony has no money to do shit and they keep spending billions in acquisitions.

Its funny how people keep saying Sony has no money to do shit and they keep spending billions in acquisitions.

That's because they're desperately trying to build value to stave off growing criticism from their shareholders who are tired of losing value year after year after year after year...

PSP literally stopped selling software and hardware 2 years in and Sony still supported it, even last year they released Patamon 3 for example. Now compare that to Nintendo and its willful neglect for the Wii.
Okay!

1st party PSP releases since Patapon 3
Invisimals: Shadow Zone

1st party Wii releases since Patapon 3
Wii Play: Motion
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond
Mario Party 9
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pikmin 2
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition

*bonus*

1st party DS releases since Patapon 3
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Kirby: Mass Attack
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Fossil Fighters: Champions
Pokémon Conquest
Pokémon Black / White 2

Honestly, that's a great Christmas line-up and could even rival the consoles in its own way.
lol, not even close. Even the much ridiculed Wii U launch lineup absolutely shits all over it, nevermind 360 and PS3. 3DS destroys it too, the only dedicated game platforms with arguably weaker holiday lineups are those with a successor on market (PSP, DS, Wii) and two of those will most likely move more games anyway.

Remember last year at this time the best game for the 3DS was a remake of OoT, at least Vita already has Uncharted and Gravity Rush out, which help to drive the quality of the games up.
In fairness, OOT 3D is also a better game than anything on Vita so far. :3

saichi

Soul Sacrifice- a new IP that Sony is pushing aggressively in Japan and seems to have enough appeal even in the west. Just look at any SS thread and you'll see the amount of people excited for the game.
LBP PSVITA- one Sony's best IPs, people are in love with this game according to the beta thread. It seems like the definite version of LBP, not to mention its appeal in creating mini games that can be played for short time as a great mobile experience (and Sony seems to be willing to push the mini games too).

If GAF's thread is what you use to determine a game's sale potential, prepare to be disappointed. Internet hype especially GAF hype doesn't usually translate into sales.

Honestly, that's a great Christmas line-up and could even rival the consoles in its own way. Remember last year at this time the best game for the 3DS was a remake of OoT, at least Vita already has Uncharted and Gravity Rush out, which help to drive the quality of the games up.

Also, while it's debatable on quality, OoT drove the 3DS sales up and I think that's what VITA needs right now. VITA can have the best game of all time release on it but it would help VITA much if such game does not help sell the hardware/does not have broad appeal.

Okay!

Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Mario Party 9
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pikmin 2

*bonus*

Pokémon Conquest
Pokémon Black / White 2

and everyone is complaining Nintendo's effort on supporting Wii. Where is my Kiki Trick on the list? ;-)

For me it feels kind of natural for Sony to drop their "lot of horse power/high price"-act now and do a Nintendo with PS4.

This is Sony we're talking about, so I doubt it. Heck, look at how much that they're charging for the upcoming Sony Xperia Tablet:

Link.

Ugh.

I bet the Vita will be like the PS3. Awful start, then it went fantastic through the years. It won't surpass the 3DS though.
Here is PS3 before launch:

Devil May Cry 4
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ridge Racer 7
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
GTA IV
Resident Evil 5
Tekken 6
Monster Hunter 3
Gran Turismo 5
... etc.

There's a slight difference between PSV and PS3, you see.

It IS far too soon to call the death of the platform though, can we please wait for TGS? Nope, I don't think there's a Monster Hunter game coming anytime soon, if ever, but you know Square will be there with a huge Final Fantasy spin-off.

Regarding GT5 sales, it is worth to keep in mind that GT Prologue also counts as an income. Worldwide sales, GT5:p and GT5 actually sold more than what GT4:p and GT4 did. That doesnt mean that GT5 made more money, but it shows that the GT brand is still very strong.

GT4:p was not released in all regions.

It IS far too soon to call the death of the platform though, can we please wait for TGS? Nope, I don't think there's a Monster Hunter game coming anytime soon, if ever, but you know Square will be there with a huge Final Fantasy spin-off.

We don't "know" this at all, though. It's potentially quite telling that SE announced big-budget exclusives for both PSP and 3DS (CC:FFVII and KH3D, respectively) before those platforms even launched, yet has announced nothing comparable for Vita over seven months after it launched in Japan. SE is at least making an original ARPG for Vita, but it's not exclusive and the use of the Unity engine suggests it's only a PSN title.

Regardless, I do agree that SE is probably the only third party that can turn Vita around in Japan (all of the other franchises that sold 500K+ on PSP there are highly unlikely to do so on Vita anytime soon, for various reasons), so what they do or don't announce for Vita at TGS is going to be pretty damn significant.

Gradivus

We don't "know" this at all, though. It's potentially quite telling that SE announced big-budget exclusives for both PSP and 3DS (CC:FFVII and KH3D, respectively) before those platforms even launched, yet has announced nothing comparable for Vita over seven months after it launched in Japan. SE is at least making an original ARPG for Vita, but it's not exclusive and the use of the Unity engine suggests it's only a PSN title.

Regardless, I do agree that SE is probably the only third party that can turn Vita around in Japan (all of the other franchises that sold 500K+ on PSP there are highly unlikely to do so on Vita anytime soon, for various reasons), so what they do or don't announce for Vita at TGS is going to be pretty damn significant.

I would have thought there were more titles, but the PSP was easy for just downloading the ISO instead of buying the game :(.

Spiegel

Let's see.

FF: They already have FFX, FFVersus, FFXIV 2.0 and FFXIII Lightning saga nonsense in development. A new one seems unlikely
DQ: No
KH: Nomura said the franchise is done with portables until after KH3 at least.

and everyone is complaining Nintendo's effort on supporting Wii. Where is my Kiki Trick on the list? ;-)
I just did US. For Japan (where PSP's been thtiving and Wii dead for 2 years):

PSP
Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke

Wii
Pandora's Tower
Goldeneye 007
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Disney Epic Mickey
Just Dance Wii
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Kiki Trick
Mario Party 9
Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly
Just Dance Wii 2

DS
Pokémon Typing Adventure
Pokémon Black / White 2

Dariso

Neo Member

That comparison...At least mention Kid Icarus, not an upgraded port of an old game. Gravity Daze looks like a good game besides being a new IP. Hope that sony supports a sequel.

You really have to wonder what is sony waiting to happen with the vita since they don´t seem interested to do anything with it.
And why they believe those propietary memory cards were a good idea is really beyond anything logical.
The current price of the device considering the software it currently has doesn't make it like a good purchase honestly, specially if you can choose between a vita and a 3ds.

test_account

XP-39C²
GT4:p was not released in all regions.
Yep, it wasnt released in the US. Not sure if would make much of a difference since GT4:p only (or "only") sold 1.4 million copies. Going by the european numbers in comparison, i guess it could maybe be around 2 million if it was released in the US. But my point is just that GT is still a very strong brand.

You own a Vita? Honest question.

Meelow

Banned
This would be an absolutely horrible future. =p

Considering Nintendo was around before Sony I don't see how you can say that about Nintendo and I'm sure if Sony ever left someone new would jump in to replace them, that's probably the reason nobody new came in yet because it would be scary to go against Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft all at once.

Here is PS3 before launch:

Devil May Cry 4
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ridge Racer 7
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
GTA IV
Resident Evil 5
Tekken 6
Monster Hunter 3
Gran Turismo 5
... etc.

There's a slight difference between PSV and PS3, you see.

Really? Nomura already said it's pointless making games for the Vita. Might as well put that same effort into a ps3 game.

test_account

XP-39C²
Considering Nintendo was around before Sony I don't see how you can say that about Nintendo and I'm sure if Sony ever left someone new would jump in to replace them, that's probably the reason nobody new came in yet because it would be scary to go against Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft all at once.
Companies and interests changes. NES and SNES are some of my favorite consoles ever, but i only have medium interest in the other Nintendo consoles (i own all of them). The same senario can happen to every company though, but it doesnt matter that much today how a company were i.e 20 years ago when it comes to personal interests.

Rolf NB

Those lists are awesome, but you have to consider the platform switch to Vita. Why build a 1st-party PSP exclusive when you have a successor platform out? Not a whole lot of reasons to do that.
Cf: 1st party DS titles since 3DS launch. The situation is similar, it simply happened a year earlier.

dan2026

Its ridiculous how there is still crap all to play on the Vita.

As far as I can tell the best game on the system is Gravity Daze and even that came out with a whimper instead of a bang.

Do developers just not care about the Vita after the mess that was the PSP?
Is it just more profitable to make games for Apple/Android etc?

Those lists are awesome, but you have to consider the platform switch to Vita. Why build a 1st-party PSP exclusive when you have a successor platform out? Not a whole lot of reasons to do that.
Cf: 1st party DS titles since 3DS launch. The situation is similar, it simply happened a year earlier.
Oh sure, I was just disproving his point (SCE gave PSP better support the last 2 years than Nintendo has Wii).

Since Vita launch there's been zero PSP games from SCE though. Nintendo's post 3DS lineup for DS has been orders of magnitude better than that (Kirby, Layton, DQM, Pokémon, etc) though I expect their Wii lineup after Wii U launch to be basically nothing. If we're lucky we might see DQX in the west and IE Strikers Xtreme in Europe, but even that's probably unlikely.

Zen

Banned
Being sent to die by releasing the same day as ACIII proper.

Not really, Ubisoft is hoping to sell a decent amount with the bundle. It will probably sell, decently, due to that.

Not when one of the platforms in question has a tiny fraction of the installed base of the other.

That's why it's getting the game, because the game is a great fit and will help grow the userbase. Most people interested were clamoring for a Vita version when it was announced.

GAF excitement doesn't translate into sales. Might do well relative to other Vita software, but still likely just a niche title.

Sure but it might do decently in Japan.

How much did LBP2 sell? My understanding is that, as with Uncharted and most other Sony first-party IP on PS3, the franchise simply isn't popular enough for a handheld version on a platform with a tiny userbase to be a major system-seller.

How wrong you are. LBP PSP was one of the highest selling PSP games for the year it came out, and this was during the PSPgo revival where other decently big titles came out. LPB2 sold very well, over 400k was sold over a 2 week period in November almost a year (10+ months) after it came out, in NA alone.

Why assume that the name itself will carry it? The franchise certainly hasn't proven yet that it can move handheld hardware, and its popularity is driven by synchronous online multiplayer, which is an inherently niche feature on handhelds due to Wi-Fi's physical limitations.

Studies have shown that a high percentage of handheld owners will play their handhelds in their homes, or at a stationary location with WiFi, far more than the Japanese do for instance. So the access to the multiplayer component won't be as limited as you might think. That's not to say that it will have a regular entry CoD like splash, but it should do well.

Again, the subjective quality of Vita's software lineup is wholly irrelevant to a sales discussion, and Vita is competing with 3DS now, not the 3DS of summer 2011. OoT is much, much bigger from a sales perspective than either of the titles you mentioned, like it or not.

Well the subjective quality affects how you or someone else views the sales potential, at least somewhat.

And OoT has generally stopped selling, hasn't it?

Company can't stop bleeding money. They make the worst mistakes about investing money I have ever seen a large company make. If they go all out and try to win the power crown again next gen then that's another mistake. They need profit on that box QUICKLY. Nevermind the software, the actual box needs to be profitable to sell alone in one year of launch.

Mario007

Okay!

Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Mario Party 9
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pikmin 2

*bonus*

Pokémon Conquest
Pokémon Black / White 2

lol, not even close. Even the much ridiculed Wii U launch lineup absolutely shits all over it, nevermind 360 and PS3. 3DS destroys it too, the only dedicated game platforms with arguably weaker holiday lineups are those with a successor on market (PSP, DS, Wii) and two of those will most likely move more games anyway.

You're right there, I got carried away when it came to comparing Wii and PSP simply because none of the games on the Wii interested me (bar Xenoblade and Last Story and i've discussed those above).

Regarding OoT, I didn't meant to shoot the game down. I meant that the best 3DS game at this point last year was a port of an N64 game, in fact it was its best game till November when Mario came out. Vita has two original games that are highly regarded already, one of which is a new IP.

Really? Nomura already said it's pointless making games for the Vita. Might as well put that same effort into a ps3 game.

Nomura said that there must be a console KH because the franchise is losing its appeal on handheld. Nothing about Vita being pointless to mkae. In fact Square has at three Vita/PS3 games in the making: FF X HD, Unreal Engine ARPG, Unity Engine ARPG game.

Company can't stop bleeding money. They make the worst mistakes about investing money I have ever seen a large company make. If they go all out and try to win the power crown again next gen then that's another mistake. They need profit on that box QUICKLY. Nevermind the software, the actual box needs to be profitable to sell alone in one year of launch.

They actually aren't bleeding money on the Vita. Also, if you actually looked through the results you'd notice this loss is attributed to Sony Mobile consolidation, Spider-Man promotion money (the earnings won't be in till next quarter) and TV division bleeding money (though a bit less now as they cut the loss by 50% compared to last year). The only reason why the outlook for units sold was decreased was currency exchange rates.

In fact Square has at three Vita/PS3 games in the making: FF X HD, Unreal Engine ARPG, Unity Engine ARPG game.

Where was the UE3 game confirmed for Vita? Can't find anything. And however you want to spin it, the fact that neither of those titles are exclusive indicates significantly less commitment to the platform than SE showed on PSP, and has already shown on 3DS.

The only reason why the outlook for units sold was decreased was currency exchange rates.

Huh? How would exchange rates have any impact on the actual number of units sold?

Okay!

Fortune Street
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Mario Party 9
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pikmin 2

*bonus*

Pokémon Conquest
Pokémon Black / White 2

That comparison really makes sense, considering the PSP and Wii were released on the same day.
They were not

You are greatly exaggerating. The Vita will get unique games of some IPs, I don't think some old ports for the Wii U "shit" all over this. And there is even a chance that FIFA 13 for Vita has more advanced tech inside than FIFA 13 for Wii U, which is supposedly based on FIFA 12.

I don't like OOT, I would prefer an Uncharted: Golden Abyss anyday over it. Guess what: Different people have different preferences.

Mario007

Where was the UE3 game confirmed for Vita? Can't find anything. And however you want to spin it, the fact that neither of those titles are exclusive indicates significantly less commitment to the platform than SE showed on PSP, and has already shown on 3DS.

Sorry made a bit of a mistake, the action-RPG has undecided platform. However, those two (Unity and FF X) are the only titles we know off. Also a 6 month exclusivity for FF X HD would drive the sale of Vita pretty nicely. Also the eventual FF Type-0 port could be another big thing for Vita. I admit it's not a huge line-up but about the same as for 3DS (I'd consider FF X HD cross-platform the same as KH DDD).

Huh? How would exchange rates have any impact on the actual number of units sold?

I presume a price-cut was supposed to happen but probably won't happen or won't be as significant. They mentioned the exchange rates and its impact on the Conference call, they also said that right now they're concentrating on profitability over sales in all departments so that hints heavily at a price cut either being canned or reduced.

Diablos54

Gemüsepizza;40621571 said:
That comparison really makes sense, considering the PSP and Wii were released on the same day.
They were not
Considering the Wii is pretty much dead and the PSP was not, this list is pretty damn bad to look at and pretty much sums up why Sony have trouble selling handhelds. No 1st party games which really push sales like Nintendo does.

Yep, it wasnt released in the US. Not sure if would make much of a difference since GT4:p only (or "only") sold 1.4 million copies. Going by the european numbers in comparison, i guess it could maybe be around 2 million if it was released in the US. But my point is just that GT is still a very strong brand.

It is all speculation since it didn't release in all regions. It is better to stick to counting the main versions of the games as they all have been released worldwide and are not demos.

How can you say that GT is still strong when Japanese sales are 50% of what the previous games were? The US basically forgot about it at launch as well. You just prove my point over and over by using European sales as examples. GT sales are down in 2/3 of the regions and is only really stong anymore in Europe. It is the region that is keeping the game above water. Just look at the OT and the vast majority of posters are from the PAL region.

When sales go down title after title that would show support is weak and not strong for the title. It just doesn't hold the selling power worldwide that it used to.

Mario007

The only way this makes any sense is if they are cancelling a scheduled price drop due to fxch.

Which is what I have been speculating. They flat out state that the decrease is only due to exchange rates, they get asked about it and confirm that it's due to the exchange rates. Elsewhere in the conference call it is mentioned that profitability is number one concern for Sony and so selling less units but turning profit on them is what they're aiming for.

iammeiam

Check out their conference call where they actually state this. Then come back to me.

I went and looked up a transcript of the conference call to see if Sony did go crazy and claim currency fluctuation was suppressing projected Vita sales. They don't actually say that, because what you're claiming they said literally makes no sense (you don't sell a different number of Vitas because of currency fluctuation; 1 unit of Vita is not reliant on any specific currency valuation.)

Here's what they actually said, yanked from a transcript:

Yoshinori Hashitani

For your reference, portable systems hardware as compared to last year, it increased almost double. And of course, compared with our last forecast, we revised the figure from 16 million units to 12 million units. And the decline in the forecast is from both the PSP and PSP Vita. And the -- as you know, the PSP Vita, we are -- have to make a huge investment for this hardware. Key chips are also outsourced or buying from our site, so that the reductions of this forecast are not making an issue, a big impact to the bottom line. The -- so the reductions of our forecast for the bottom line for the Game business is mainly due to the currency movement, not because of this forecast change for the forecast for the sales.

They're saying their bottom line forecast--not unit sales forecast--is impacted by currency movement. Portable unit sales forecast were decreased because... their handhelds (they refuse to specify which) aren't selling what they expected. They're just claiming that the Vita/PSP sales aren't the reason their bottom line sucks, and blaming currency movement. Two totally seperate, unlinked things.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Which is what I have been speculating. They flat out state that the decrease is only due to exchange rates, they get asked about it and confirm that it's due to the exchange rates. Elsewhere in the conference call it is mentioned that profitability is number one concern for Sony and so selling less units but turning profit on them is what they're aiming for.

OK, when PSP+Vita will ship less than 10 million for FY blame exchange rates again.

test_account

XP-39C²
It is all speculation since it didn't release in all regions. It is better to stick to counting the main versions of the games as they all have been released worldwide and are not demos.

How can you say that GT is still strong when Japanese sales are 50% of what the previous games were? The US basically forgot about it at launch as well. You just prove my point over and over by using European sales as examples. GT sales are down in 2/3 of the regions and is only really stong anymore in Europe. It is the region that is keeping the game above water. Just look at the OT and the vast majority of posters are from the PAL region.

When sales go down title after title that would show support is weak and not strong for the title. It just doesn't hold the selling power worldwide that it used to.
Even if GT4:p sold 2 million copies alone in the US (which would be over 4 times as much as it did in Europe), it wouldnt change my point much, since the GT5:p + GT5 sales would still be relatively close anyway. But true, this is just speculation. I mostly just combined GT5:p and GT5 to show that both releases served as an income.

The serie was definitelly much stronger before when it comes to sales indeed. But if we exclude GT5:p, then we're down to 7 million units. Dont you concider that as strong? It is of course all relative depending on what you compare it to, but 7 million on its own is a lot for any game in my opinion. The serie is still very relevant.

It doesnt really matter if i.e 90% of those sales are from one region. The most important thing is that it sells. Some games like Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest makes the biggest share of sales in Japan, but that doesnt mean that the series are weak overall. Or did you talk about one specific region only? I didnt see you mention that earlier at least, but maybe i missed it?

Mario007

OK, when PSP+Vita will ship less than 10 million for FY blame exchange rates again.
How do you not get that I'm saying all this to state a potential price cut has probably been cancelled or reduced due to the prediction and sony's (not mine) explanation?

Even if GT4:p sold 2 million copies alone in the US (which would be over 4 times as much as it did in Europe), it wouldnt change my point much, since the GT5:p + GT5 sales would still be relatively close anyway. But true, this is just speculation. I just combined GT5:p and GT5 to show that both releases served as an income.

I didnt say that GT sells like it used to. The serie was definitelly much stronger before when it comes to sales indeed. But if we exclude GT5:p, then we're down to 7 million units. Dont you concider that as strong? It is of course all relative depending on what you compare it to, but 7 million on its own is a lot for any game in my opinion. The serie is still very relevant.

It doesnt really matter if i.e 90% of those sales are from one region. The most important thing is that it sells. Some games like Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest makes the biggest share of sales in Japan, but that doesnt mean that the series are weak overall. Or did you talk about one specific region only? I didnt see you mention that earlier at least, but maybe i missed it?

If the version of Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest sold less than the verions before or if they had a drop off of sales of 50% in big regions for the title then yes... I would say the series were weaker than they were and the series didn't have the power it once held.

GT used to be relevant worldwide, now it is basically only revelant in Europe. The other two titles you mentioned never really used to have worldwide appeal. So yes, the relevance of the GT series has dropped a lot and again doesn't have the selling appeal it used to.

test_account

XP-39C²
If the version of Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest sold less than the verions before or if they had a drop off of sales of 50% in big regions for the title then yes... I would say the series were weaker than they were and the series didn't have the power it once held.

GT used to be relevant worldwide, now it is basically only revelant in Europe. The other two titles you mentioned never really used to have worldwide appeal. So yes, the relevance of the GT series has dropped a lot and again doesn't have the selling appeal it used to.
Sure, i didnt say anything against that. GT games used to sell more indeed, but 7 million copies is still strong in my opinion :) The game is profitable, which is something that Sony really needs in their current situation.

Top Bottom