• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK Tweets about GTA V on PS4.

BPoole

GTAV is about to sell 30-40 million if true. I would guess of there is a PS4 version, that is when the PC version will release as well.

Gadirok

GTAV is about to sell 30-40 million if true. I would guess of there is a PS4 version, that is when the PC version will release as well.

I'm guessing 6months for next-gen and PC. If it doesn't arrive by then or get announced by then, well I doubt it will ever come.

But given there are several R* studios who haven't announced what they are doing, I'm pretty sure one or two of them are porting it to next-gen consoles and PC. All except the WiiU of course.

lefantome

preorder doubled

its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif

If it was a PlayStation twitter feed, I'd have a little easier time believing it. I just think whoever is running the Sony UK twitter feed, is out of the loop and doesn't know that GTAV isn't coming to next-gen consoles (yet).

bunbun777

Wasn't there some info given about a small upgrade charge for Ps4 users that have the game on Ps3? Friend of mine mentioned 10 bucks but not sure where he heard that.

Could someone make a actual good argument for this? There has been no indication it will happen.

Of course there's been no indication.

There are a few current gen games that will be on next gen systems as well but they won't be announced while they still have legs at retail and are still making/selling DLC. 2k isn't stupid, they know Rockstar is their cash cow and they are milking it as hard as they can.

It works like this... you announce it for consoles. You don't mention the PC version. You don't mention next gen consoles. Everyone asks you about them and you don't say anything. People who really, really want it on the PC but have a console resign themselves to the fact that they are going to get it on a console. They buy it on a console. The console version goes on and sells a ton over the course of the next year. At some point during that you announce the PC version. PC players are pissed but they buy it anyway because it will look 9000x as good as the ps360 version. So not only are you bringing in the pc gamers but you are starting to get double dips. And lastly you announce the next gen versions for fall next year... when there will be 20+ million next gen systems around so there is an install base and, of course, many of those will be repeat buyers as well.

If they announce a next gen version right now many of you wouldn't buy the current version. They don't want that. If they released the next gen version at launch... the install base would be too small to support it properly.

There's a nice way to do things and then there's the way to make the most money. I think you know what they are choosing.

rjinaz

Of course there's been no indication.

There are a few current gen games that will be on next gen systems as well but they won't be announced while they still have legs at retail and are still making/selling DLC. 2k isn't stupid, they know Rockstar is their cash cow and they are milking it as hard as they can.

It works like this... you announce it for consoles. You don't mention the PC version. You don't mention next gen consoles. Everyone asks you about them and you don't say anything. People who really, really want it on the PC but have a console resign themselves to the fact that they are going to get it on a console. They buy it on a console. The console version goes on and sells a ton over the course of the next year. At some point during that you announce the PC version. PC players are pissed but they buy it anyway because it will look 9000x as good as the ps360 version. So not only are you bringing in the pc gamers but you are starting to get double dips. And lastly you announce the next gen versions for fall next year... when there will be 20+ million next gen systems around so there is an install base and, of course, many of those will be repeat buyers as well.

If they announce a next gen version right now many of you wouldn't buy the current version. They don't want that. If they released the next gen version at launch... the install base would be too small to support it properly.

There's a nice way to do things and then there's the way to make the most money. I think you know what they are choosing.

Well said. That makes a lot of sense. It is exactly what I would do if I was them.

iMax

It's not a typo. It's probably just some intern with no information or knowledge, just making an assumption.

Amir0x

Banned
Man it really sucks having to wait in limbo until the next-gen version of GTAV or a PC version is announced. I don't want to invest in GTAV on one of the current consoles, have to suffer through consistent sub-30fps gameplay, and then a week later hear it's coming to PS4/XBO and PC a few months down the line :(

LtOrange

With the big push for GTA online there is no way it doesn't show up on next gen systems. I hope for early 2014 release.

Bundy

Banned
Man it really sucks having to wait in limbo until the next-gen version of GTAV or a PC version is announced. I don't want to invest in GTAV on one of the current consoles, have to suffer through consistent sub-30fps gameplay, and then a week later hear it's coming to PS4/XBO and PC a few months down the line :(
Welcome back, dude! :)

iMax

If Take2 are smart, they'll keep mum on a next-gen version right up until the moment they release it. They'll be able to hit their sales forecasts and then some, after the inevitable double-dippings.

I predict some sort of Ultimate Edition, containing all the DLC, dropping in the new year on next-gen systems.

Why would they let an intern post on their twitter

Because that's usually their remit.

Bundy

Banned
Why would they let an intern post on their twitter
The "SONY UK" twitter people don't really know a lot about the secret PlayStation stuff. There is a reason why they don't really post much about the PlayStation hardware.
But imagine if the official PlayStation Twitter account did the retweet.
Then.... it would be interesting.

Prezhulio

I doubt it's a typo. They wouldn't say 'especially on PS4' if they meant PS3.

i feel like they've said something to that effect at the e3 press conference, while revealing the ps3 gtav bundle or something.

it's an obvious typo, but it's also fairly likely it'll eventually come to pc, xbone and ps4. talk about leaving money on the table if they don't. still think RDR would move enough units to justify the work for a pc port, even this far after release.

Nibiru

Banned
There was already word that it was getting ported to pc for around about the Holidays. Most had surmised from that that a next gen console version was a no brainer.

Top Bottom