• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 2018 Entire Conference - Possibly Out of the Bag

Leocarian

Banned
Hello Friends,

Please do not take this to heart or to the face. However, this E3 seems to be quite leaky and May is usually the time when these type of things happen.

Source - Some no name website

It seems that Video Game Christmas presents came in early this year. Segmentnext is reporting that they possibly have a "leak" in their hands that spoils the entire Sony E3 2018 conference. And oh boy, there are some big major stuff in there including games like Bloodborne 2/Shadow Die Twice, Devil May Cry 5 and even Final Fantasy 7 Remake EP1 Release Date Announcements with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Apperently, this is the order of the conference from beginning to the end with Last of Us 2 being the closure.

• Ghost of Tsushima Gameplay
  • Shadows Die Twice (Sequal to Bloodborne)
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Shenmue 3 Trailer
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer and Release Date
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer (Episode 1 in 2019, demo packed int with KH3)
  • Black Ops 4 Trailer
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer and exclusive DLC deal announcement
  • PS VR games
  • Concrete Genie trailer – August release date
  • Medieval trailer – October 2018 release date
  • Death Stranding gameplay
  • Spiderman Trailer
  • Dreams trailer
  • Days Gone Trailer
  • New Bluepoint Remaster
  • The Last of Us 2 gameplay
Discuss.

Mod edit: link was edited due to it being self promotion which is prohibited on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typhares

I mean apart from black ops IIII and the vr games I al more or less interested in everything else so that would be pretty solid for me.
Death stranding gameplay, shadows die twice have most of my attention because they are the most mysterious right now.

NahaNago

Where are the indies and smaller games? Still that is a solid conference. I would have liked a few more surprises even if it were smaller games like mega man legends or Onimusha.

Dvidus

I call fake. I think Vaati or some other youtuber already adressed "Shadow Die Twice"-project was not Bloodborne related. Also, kek sequal.

I kinda expect Sony to drop some bigger bombshells than what's presented on this list. This all seems pretty standard considered the rumors; Is really specific about most titles but not about the VR-section and totally misses the indie section. Sony usually has quite a nice chunk of indie-love.

Last edited:

Leocarian

Banned
I call fake. I think Vaati or some other youtuber already adressed "Shadow Die Twice"-project was not Bloodborne related. Also, kek sequal.

I kinda expect sony to drop some bigger bombshells than what's presented on this list. This all seems pretty standard considered the rumors; Is really specific about most titles but not about the VR-section and totally misses the indie section. Sony usually has quite a nice chunk of indie-love.

Just because Vaati and other YouTubers addressed this doesn't mean they're 100% right, nor does this list either. I don't know man Bloodborne 2 is a pretty big bombshell - but I am starting to think Shadow Die Twice is the actual title or maybe a codename similar to how Bloodborne was first called Project Beast.

And yes Indie games will be mixed in with VR.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Most likely you will find them where it says VR in the list.

keep my mml and onimusha out of vr for now please unless you meant that smaller games will be shown during that time period then that I'm okay with. Now that I think about it there are no fighting games on that list and only 2 AAA western third party game on it.

Shin

Banned
Don't buy too much into it, it's just Segmentnext, they are full of nonsense to be honest.
I'm shooting it down because they run with anything and everything they without being to back it up.
That's just the general feel of the site from articles I've read before, which wasn't much to go on.

I'm more curious about what Sony is doing "different" this year, something comes to mind.
But I don't think they'll do anything with that this early as it wouldn't be smart nor probably create the desired effect as XBOX isn't eating into their share.
At least not to the extent that they would need to spill the beans on a next-gen system just yet.

If this leak does turn out to be real and they even use quote themselves so it's not credible IMO then it would be a great show IMO.

According to the “leak,” Sony will end the show with The Last of Us 2 gameplay. Moreover, the new Destiny 2 DLC trailer is going to be showcased at the event. Here is the full list of titles rumored for Sony’s E3 2018 press event.
The above isn't even a leak as it was predicted months ago that is how they will close E3, Destiny 2 DLC...well duh and then they close of with rumored.
So all in all this whole list and/or "leak" is nonsense IMO, it's just wrong from all angles.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really hope Kingdom Hearts III release date is either October or November.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

FF7 episode 1? No thanks... I'll wait for the full release on Ps6 for the same price of a single episode.
They managed to get their hands on that info but the name of the game Bluepoint is remastering? Bah....

sublimit

Banned
Most of these are really safe guesses that anyone could have made. And it also seems a bit strange that they supposedly managed to get all these "leaks" yet they didn't know what Bluepoint's next game is....

Fake. There is a reason why Square has it's own conference, and it's not because they're gonna make their big announcement's at sony's.

Fbh

Eh, seems like a list that pretty much anyone on Gaf (or any gaming site) could have made .

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Bloodborne 2 and RDR2 exclusive deal means they win if true.

brap

Banned
Fake as fuck. DMC5 seems dead, newest rumors say Shadows Die Twice isn't Bloodborne related, and the entire list just basically seems like wishful thinking.

Pallas

Gold Member
Kind of skeptical of this list, but if true it’s a big win on the RDR2 dlc exclusivity, which I’m guessing would be timed or something not significant. I can’t see them holding out dlc completely on other platforms. Too much potential money lost if so for arguably the most hyped game in years.

Also what’s the remake by blueprint? You’d think the leak would had the specific remake, I think it’s been kind of common knowledge they were working on something.

I would take this with a grain of salt.

Leocarian

Banned
Fake as fuck. DMC5 seems dead, newest rumors say Shadows Die Twice isn't Bloodborne related, and the entire list just basically seems like wishful thinking.

DMC5 has been suggested by Capcom many times over and over again if I remember. Let me see those Shadows Die Twice rumors please.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No Yoko Taro game on this list but I’m guessing if they announcing one it would be on SE conference or their live event.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Looks like a bunch of games we have seen already... Only the bluepoint and shadows die twice game really have my interest

ickythingz

Banned
SEQUEL TO BLOODBORNE?!?!?!?! I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Also this is how you get me to buy a PS4 Pro, Sony.

Last edited:
This list reads too much like fanservice to be real. The fact that there's no indie titles or hardware in the spotlight is telling.

What's next? A leaked Microsoft conference confirming Alan Wake 2?

(Please please please...)

brap

Banned
DMC5 has been suggested by Capcom many times over and over again if I remember. Let me see those Shadows Die Twice rumors please.
I say it seems dead because the series hasn't had a game in years. Also I forgot Capcom owns DMC not Konami @_@. Here's the rumor thingy

Leocarian

Banned
I say it seems dead because the series hasn't had a game in years. Also I forgot Capcom owns DMC not Konami @_@. Here's the rumor thingy

And who is this Nible guy? Where did he come from and did he predict anything in the past that was correct?

Also what's his so called source?

If he knows all this stuff, then be should say what it is already...

Last edited:

brap

Banned
And who is this Nibble guy? Where did he come from and did he predict anything in the past that was correct?
He was quoting what somebody on resetera said. Check the link in the first tweet. No idea who that user is but they've posted a lot so either they're an insider or just some fanboy role playing. I would assume they talked to the mods or something like how it is on here but who knows.

Vawn

Banned
He was quoting what somebody on resetera said. Check the link in the first tweet. No idea who that user is but they've posted a lot so either they're an insider or just some fanboy role playing. I would assume they talked to the mods or something like how it is on here but who knows.

So his information doesn't carry any more weight than what was posted in the OP.

Leocarian

Banned

Oh. He got that from resetera? I see. Thanks for the link though.

And yes mine information is not any more real than someone else's. But I think the other source seems rather over confident. This is why I stated do not take anything to heart or to the face when I posted this info. This is purely speculation and for fun and hype.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Maybe its like

Bloodorne = Demon´s souls = Exclusive Console

Shadows Die Twice = Dark Souls = Multiplatform

To the End. Its the same type of game

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Oh. He got that from resetera? The lunatic psychos ? OK. Enough said. Thanks for the link though.

And yes mine information is not anymore real than someone else's. But I think the other source seems rather over confident. This is why I stated do not take anything to heart or to the face when I posted this info. This is purely speculation and for fun and hype.
I mean industry people used to post on here too so who knows. But yeah.

Petrae

Final Fantasy VII Remake in 2019? Oh, my sides. Stop making me laugh like this. It hurts! I haven’t heard a good one like this since “VR is the next big thing” 25 years ago.

Leocarian

Banned
I mean industry people used to post on here too so who knows. But yeah.

I also work in the Industry as well. I will never forget glory days of neogaf with Verendus and Demonite. Those were the days.

Also, sometimes insiders may be wrong or misinformed. You have to take everything with a grain of salt no matter who says what. Sure, some people may have better reliable sources than others but that's just the nature of leaks. Either way, it's a fun time.

Weird its labeled bluepoint remaster and not the title of the game...theres a good chance most of this happens which is easy to guess. Im skeptical this is an actual leak tho

Shifty

Continued conflation of Shadows Die Twice with Bloodborne means that this is nonsense.
Unless it's an unprecedented Tenchu crossover, at which point all bets are off.

Also, 'sequal'. 'Medieval'. Smells less like an official schedule and more like GAF bait to me.

Last edited:
It seems like a made up list to me. Then can just rely on, well the rumour was wromg and can be wromg.

Id expect a few of them anyways

Top Bottom