• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 2018 Entire Conference - Possibly Out of the Bag

Dunki

Honestly almost everything is believeable except the red dead part. sincce Rockstar always does their own thing.

As for FFVII Remake SE said that it will be a big year for infos so I think it is possible and 2019 can also mean end of 2019

If this is tue however Sony would have won again the E3. That would be 4 times in a row now?^^

TannerDemoz

Even without this, I think Sony is gonna have a pretty mediocre E3 this year as far as new announcements are concerned. Which isn't surprising, given the quality and number of titles on show, but this is really Microsoft's chance to shine and Nintendo to go hard. I have no doubt that Sony will start taking a step back from E3 now and save new ips for PSX

Hanon

Banned
i would seriously love to see a release date for Kingdom Hearts 3, that would be a win for Sony's conference.

FranXico

Even without this, I think Sony is gonna have a pretty mediocre E3 this year as far as new announcements are concerned. Which isn't surprising, given the quality and number of titles on show, but this is really Microsoft's chance to shine and Nintendo to go hard. I have no doubt that Sony will start taking a step back from E3 now and save new ips for PSX

That is the trend since PSX was introduced, yes. It looks like they have been gradually splitting announcements into third party at E3 then first party/fan service at PSX.

And this year, they are pretty much openly admitting to it.

nowhat

That is the trend since PSX was introduced, yes. It looks like they have been gradually splitting announcements into third party at E3 then first party/fan service at PSX.
Ghost of Tsushima was announced at PGV though (and the latest TLoU 2 trailer was released there too). Perhaps they just in general want to make announcements outside E3 too.

Pejo

I feel like this is totally fake. It's so easy to make these lists around E3 time and people buy into it. This one doesn't even seem to have any sort of proof.

That said, solid list if it ends up looking anything like this.

MDSLKTR

The official 4 games being demoed is already going hard. Anything on top of those and Sony is just flexin

EnzoArt

pathetic, everything they said there is nothing more than EVERYONE already knows or expects, at worst.

See that there is nothing new, NOTHING, all games we already know, because the so-called "leaker" IS NOT A LEAKER. or INSIDE

Manos

Neo Member
For any journalists reading this post,

In my website we decided to close some last minute tickets a week ago. So I'd like to ask what is the deadline that Sony set for accepting registrations in their press conference, as well as hands-on/interviews. Has the due date passed before 11/5 ? Is it still ongoing?

Thank you.

Dabaus

Banned
Im shamelessly quoting myself from the other thread:

As much as I want this list to be real, I don't think it is. Pretty sure Sony already said Days Gone wont be at E3. The big red flag to me is that it claims to know tiny details like FF7r being a demo with KH3, but doesn't know what game blue point is making. If leaks or "hints" are to believed Shadows Die Twice isn't an exclusive and might even possibly show up at Miscrofts stage.

So far everything that has "leaked" or been rumored has really put a damper on my hype. Its beyond me how or why the console with a 30 percent market share (xbox) is rumored to have all these megaton announcements. Did Sony tell 3rd parties to screw off we don't need you anymore? Are third party developers that dependent on hand out from Microsoft? None of it makes any sense.

Geki-D

Banned
^
It regards to Days Gone, it won't have a big presence at E3, so no on stage gameplay, but they never said it wouldn't be mentioned. You can bet all upcoming games will at least get a trailer.

Though this list doesn't have Soulstorm on it, so it's fake.

Last edited:

Dargor

Nah, this doesn't sound believable at all, way too good to be true. Devil May Cry 5 and Bloodborne 2 in the same show? Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned

Because they've been completely remaking graphic engines to take old games with modern graphics. There just isn't enough room between PS3 to PS4 to have that same effect. PS3 era games really just need remaster ports, not full-on graphical overhauls from the ground up.

rokkerkory

I hope...kind of waiting out on one tbh. But I feel like it wouldn't be until next year if they release one.

Welp I just read no new h/w announcements :/

Also it seems they will have less games to show than previous years but will spend more time on 4 of them incl spiderman and TLoU 2

Whitecrow

Banned
Lots of great games, but little to no surprises.

Seems like they are hyping the same games againg and again : /

EDMIX

Fake. There is a reason why Square has it's own conference, and it's not because they're gonna make their big announcement's at sony's.
???

Didn't Square also show FFVII remake for the first time at Sony's press event? ie one of the biggest announcements in the events history? They have their own yes, but I don't recall them having their own meaning they would not show up at Sony's press event. Especially the history of some of their biggest reveals have been at a Sony press event....

Raynes

Hopefully that's not it, disappointing for an E3. Just gimme dat Shenmue 3 trailer.

shenmue-3-delay.jpg

Everytime fans beg for Shenmue, devs move Ryo's hairline further down.

Last edited:

Manos

Neo Member
Hello, can someone check my questions below? Also is there any registration link in public, like EA and Microsoft?

Thanks.

For any journalists reading this post,

In my website we decided to close some last minute tickets a week ago. So I'd like to ask what is the deadline that Sony set for accepting registrations in their press conference, as well as hands-on/interviews. Has the due date passed before 11/5 ? Is it still ongoing?

Thank you.

IDK why DMC 5 just seems like the typical game that MS would bend their ass to try and get on their own conference to have that one japanese related big name title, so I think this list is fake

Lokimaru

Where are the indies and smaller games? Still that is a solid conference. I would have liked a few more surprises even if it were smaller games like mega man legends or Onimusha.
They tend to put that stuff in the pre-conference footage, in the sizzle reel and on the show floor. The only reason they featured them heavily in the first PS4 conference was to make the public aware those types of games were on the system and five years in I think we got the message by now. Shadows Die Twice sounds like a Ninja game and since From was behind the Tenchu series here's hoping.

thelastword

Banned
This whole list looks like guesswork, and though it may not be faroff in terms of what's shown..... I think anybody who's been following Sony's games could have made this list. Pretty much all of Sony's previously announced games are listed here, but to declare this is the order in which they will show these games and that this is from a kosher source is questionable at best. I mean this is the safest list anybody could guess out, VR games? that will show them, conspicuously missing though is any new IP or how about the new Syphon Filter to go against Splinter Cell?....... Also, I would have thought the source would know the name of the bluepoint remaster, but they just say "bluepoint remaster"... So yes, it's guesswork....This looks like it came straight from the "What do you expect to see at Sony's E3 presser 2018" type threads.......

Last edited:

NahaNago

They tend to put that stuff in the pre-conference footage, in the sizzle reel and on the show floor. The only reason they featured them heavily in the first PS4 conference was to make the public aware those types of games were on the system and five years in I think we got the message by now. Shadows Die Twice sounds like a Ninja game and since From was behind the Tenchu series here's hoping.

I usually don't watch the official pre conference due to watching preconference predictions so this is a bit disappointing. A ninja game sounds nice.

Top Bottom