• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Fate/Grand Order #1 grossing mobile game worldwide in Aug, dethrones MS in JP

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fate managed to achieve two huge milestones this month.

1.) Fate/Grand Order was the #1 top grossing mobile game worldwide.

2.) In Japan specifically, the game dethroned Monster Strike to become the #1 grossing game for the month. Monster Strike had held that position since May 2015.

Worldwide:

worldwidemobileaugs7j0o.png

Japan:

japanmobileaugkcjpn.png

What's funny is that the game isn't even hitting its stride yet.

Chances are the game will have a another big push once FGO 2.0 is coming to drive more newcomers to the series.

I'm unfamiliar with this. Is this part of Sony's initiative to move towards the mobile market or is this something completely different?

ggx2ac

I'm unfamiliar with this. Is this part of Sony's initiative to move towards the mobile market or is this something completely different?

This is from Aniplex which is owned by Sony Music Entertainment Japan so it is not related at all to Forwardworks which was made for what you are referring to.

NSESN

Different. Aniplex is owned by Sony music I think.

It was #10 in Japan back in May, but we don't get anything past the top 10 for monthly, so we haven't seen it since.
Wasn't there news about it making as much as the main games monthly?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wasn't there news about it making as much as the main games monthly?
It makes about $500K a day, so ~$15 million a month: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408707

It's a lot of money, and is nigh assuredly the highest grossing Fire Emblem game already, but not quite as much as a retail release per month.

*excluding Chinese third party Android stores
but still fair enough and a huge accomplishment :)
Yes, this is true. It's plausible that Honor of Kings is actually #1.

Kyoufu

Please use 1% of the mountain piles of cash you've made from this game to fund Tsukihime remake, Type-Moon.

I gotta have my Fate waifus.

That said I'll never spend a red cent on this game those quartz prices are a rip off.
Please use 1% of the mountain piles of cash you've made from this game to fund Tsukihime remake, Type-Moon.
Not in our lifetime friend.

Quonny

Great game. You can totally play it as a F2P player and clear 99% of the content. Deserved.

now pls na content now pls now

dracula_x

This is from Aniplex which is owned by Sony Music Entertainment Japan so it is not related at all to Forwardworks which was made for what you are referring to.

Btw, PlayStation (SCEI) as a company, was a joint venture between Sony Corp. and Sony Music. And even now Sony Music Japan and SIEJA are very close to each other.

That's ForwardWorks. They released one title so far – Minna no Golf about 1.5-2 months ago (only available in Japan, atm). It's #27 on Google Play and #36 on iOS in top grossing chart.

sandpiper

I'm going to buy quartz for only two major events: when the Kara no Kyoukai event hits for Void Shiki, and for Ozymandias. At least, I think so.

Game is a great little time waster. I am really looking forward to when Nasu comes back to write story mode at the Camelot chapter.

In fact, my main reason for playing is story, although it hasn't REALLY gotten going yet.

Kenai

It was swimsuits.

Game is fun in NA but they are emulating the first 6 months of the JP launch so it's gonna be a bit boring til Halloween and Okeanos get here. I can only farm so much with the current dailies/drop rates.

Deadly

The whales in this are pretty crazy. I have someone on my friends list that has NP5 for Sakata Kintoki, Saber Alter, Gilgamesh, Waver, and Lancelot. Add to that this is peanuts compared to the guy that had every 5* at NP5, in the JP version at that.

Pejo

I play the game several times a day, and I can't even explain what the hook is, if not for the Fate universe. I guess everyone loves the idea of gender swapped mythological and historical characters. It really is a slow ass boring game right now, too.

sandpiper

I play the game several times a day, and I can't even explain what the hook is, if not for the Fate universe. I guess everyone loves the idea of gender swapped mythological and historical characters. It really is a slow ass boring game right now, too.
Well, the Japan launch was way worse than our launch at least. Constant maintenance, no AP overflow (so if you hit AP cap it ain't going over that), buying Second Archive space, way shittier animations for some characters (we got a few of the animation updates), 4 SQ per roll/40 SQ per 10 roll, no animation speed increases (the 2x speed thing) et cetera.

NA will get better and better as it implements the chronological content updates but QOL wise it's at least better than the JP launch.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Interesting to see. I know Sony had some big games in the mobile space but the #1 world wide is really impressive considering the competition out there. Seems Sony is doing pretty well on all fronts in the gaming world from consoles to mobile.

Top Bottom