• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) -- Not a 6.7GB Install + 2GB Save

Kazenone

Speevy said:
The Xbox 360 DVD holds 7.5 GB.

I'm not saying the 360 can't do this game. I'm saying the number in the OP is BS.

2vkxdms.png

gkryhewy

Installs are obviously good for gamers. Well worth the 2 second load time savings. Etc.

Jesus, that save file! Jesus.

angelfly said:
I gues it's time to buy a new fridge. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be true. 9Gb is a lot of space just for one game.

if only the ps3 hdd is as easy to swap as the x360s, i will be ok. i have another spare hdd but it isnt
i have unscrew it and replace it, turn it on reformat and if i want to used the data on the other hdd then i have to unscrew it again and the whole process all over again...........

shagg_187 said:
Guys. have you ever wondered if its "Full Installation"?? ;)

Meaning what exactly? From the users perspective it doesn't mean much unless he can play without the disc.

gkrykewy said:
Installs are obviously good for gamers. Well worth the 2 second load time savings. Etc.

Jesus, that save file! Jesus.

Not to mention far less strain on the optical drive.

I'm all for mandatory, full game installs but give me a system with enough storage. 20-40GB is shameful if we're talking game installs.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
K I am fine with the first instal but still why would a fighting game need installs? Why?

WTF at the Save 2gigs!!!?! WTF I mean WTF!

teepo

gregor7777 said:
Meaning what exactly? From the users perspective it doesn't mean much unless he can play without the disc.

don't play much games outside of a game controller, do you?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sales -1 Namco.

Sales -1.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Maybe 6.7GB was still not enough, so the 2GB save is a stealth install! Tricky bastards!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
g35twinturbo said:
:lol
but seriously ( I have a 250GB HD) but wtf does it need that much space?

I don't know man fuck I don't know, now we know why the PS3 is the dark side here fuckintg installs. Seriously a fucking fighting game Unless they have fucking stages that are the Size of the Death Star and you can go anywhere inside them WTF!

nib95

Banned
I'm guessing it only uses 6.7GB for a full installation, and the 2GB save is actually 2000kb lol.

Why would the games install be as big as the entire disk usage of the 360 version?

So in order to get the game to run as well as the 360 version, the entire game must run off the HDD? I think Namco needs to spend more time with the hardware.

Mindlog

I've never seen a PC game with a 2GB save file. Something is wrong, typo or something.

On PC my game will save an entire fucking empire at under 100 MB -_-

El-Suave

Wait a minute. Wasn't some Sony install-size limit the reason we got multiple installs in MGS4 - or is that limit a bogus myth?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Iaido Sword said:
Maybe you'll be changing discs for each arena. 8P jk

I won't be changing shit. I'm getting SC4 on the PS3. I have the better arcade stick for the PS3.
10pmsex.jpg

Metalmurphy said:
It's only bad programming if it's the 360 HDD? :lol

I didn't say only, other fighting games have run without needing an install. Games with streaming engines have ran on the 360 without needed an install. This is poor programming.

tanod

when is my burrito
Metalmurphy said:
That's gotta be fake... I mean... 2GB for saves? rolleyes.gif

And wasn't the install limit 5GB?

I never considered that. There probably is a TRC limit on installs of 5GB. Otherwise, Kojima wouldn't fuck around with the mid-level installs like he did.

Almost assuredly fake.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i thought there is install limit , 5Gb if i remember correctly

omg rite said:
So where are the apologists to say "STOP WHINING, JUST DELETE SOME STUFF, IT WON'T BE AN ISSUE" this time?

that WiiWare exclusive , also it's clean your fridge .

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
tanod said:
I never considered that. There probably is a TRC limit on installs of 5GB. Otherwise, Kojima wouldn't fuck around with the mid-level installs like he did.

Almost assuredly fake.

It better cause there is no fucking game out there that uses 2gig saves, or is there!?

zoukka

Bought the 40gig model a month ago.

5 gigs remaining now and the first time these installations started to show I cursed 'em hard. I think I didn't curse 'em enough.

sh4mike

chubigans said:
Doesnt explain why the 360 requires a hard drive also.
I presumed the X360 HDD was needed for the 2GB save file -- not to run efficiently.

Hell, what am I saying -- 2GB save file sounds ridiculous. I know there is something like 50+ save slots for custom characters, and you can change the colors, shape, and appearance for millions of possible configurations, but still this would never take up 2GB.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Elbrain said:
I don't know man fuck I don't know, now we know why the PS3 is the dark side here fuckintg installs. Seriously a fucking fighting game Unless they have fucking stages that are the Size of the Death Star and you can go anywhere inside them WTF!

If its seamless matches and games. I don't mind but if its not. oh boi oh boi, people are going to bitch so hard!

Either way I'm buying it still :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
shagg_187 said:
This. Fucking THIS! Email Naughty Dog :p
That won't exactly help. I can't remember if it was Insomniac or Naughty Dog that presented a PS3 engineering lecture at the GDC, but I recall a lot of my coworkers who attended saying that while the information they provided was good, it was only useful if you were working solely on the PS3 platform as their methods and techniques wouldn't work very well for a multiplatform development environment.

EDIT: Though if you were speaking solely about "How to do Installs 101" and not general development, that's different. :)

sinnergy

Maybe the save file is so big because of the custom character data.
And seems the whole game is installed.

I found out something funny the other time with RR7.
I ejected the game in a race, music stopped, but the game could be played. And when the race was over the menu loaded I could even start a new race.

I theory you could swap the dis with a friends ps3 and race online against each other :lol

Seems that after the boot the PS3 doesn't need it.

Maybe SC4 also copies the whole disc..

Top Bottom