• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) -- Not a 6.7GB Install + 2GB Save

F-Pina

Agent Icebeezy said:
I won't be changing shit. I'm getting SC4 on the PS3. I have the better arcade stick for the PS3.
10pmsex.jpg

Hey! Thanks for the print file! :D
Just kidding.

Does this means that VF5 could have had an install to save on those long loads?

jjasper

Lindsay said:
hahahahaha

The DMC4 install truly was the beginning of a slippery slope! All the naysayers are crying now aren't they? And there never was a 5gb limit because the GT5 demo install is over 5gb!

The GT5:p install is a poor example since a lot of the data on the install are videos that can be deleted.

Xiaoki

The over reacting in this thread is truly epic.

I wish I had the option of installing the entire game to HDD. No more huge load times for every freakin' fight in a fighting game.
Fighting games is one of the genres that demands lightning fast load times. Any true fighting game fan would agree, the rest were probably only going to buy for the boobs anyway.

The 2 GB of default free HDD space maybe are for “Create-A-Soul” that give us the chance to create characters, and perhaps we’ll need 2 GB to save all the 50 custom character.

Loudninja

gcubed said:
it cant be right. 5gb is the install limit.

But hey OP, a little thing like that doesnt stop you from posting it! Fuck Sony's rules, i want to see GAF explode with wrong information!!

Nif

Xiaoki said:
The over reacting in this thread is truly epic.

I wish I had the option of installing the entire game to HDD. No more huge load times for every freakin' fight in a fighting game.
Fighting games is one of the genres that demands lightning fast load times. Any true fighting game fan would agree, the rest were probably only going to buy for the boobs anyway.

Me too.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
a Master Ninja said:
A console fighting game requires a massive install. Why Namco, why?

VF5's optional install is 2.3gb. Clearly Namco felt the need to try and one-up Sega once again!

pr0cs

I'm all for devs using the HD to improve performance but that is seriously sad when you're using nearly 1/4 of your drive for one game.
Thankfully I'm not much of a Soul Calibur fan so it doesn't affect me too much, hopefully it doesn't become a trend where entire BD games are just copied from the disc to the HD to improve performance though.

Otheradam

Why is anyone shocked to see PS3 installs continue to get bigger and bigger? DMC4 set a terrible precedent and now developers are following suit. I wonder how long people who say "its no big deal" will continue to do so when every game that comes out require 5gb+ installs. :lol

Also, blame blu-ray for being slow.

Speevy

Banned
Otheradam said:
Why is anyone shocked to see PS3 installs continue to get bigger and bigger? DMC4 set a terrible precedent and now developers are following suit. I wonder how long people who say "its no big deal" will continue to do so when every game that comes out require 5gb+ installs. :lol

Installing builds anticipation. Think of it as a 10, 20, or 30 minute drumroll.

RoH

Otheradam said:

Do you guys really believe this is real? I personally don't

Speevy

Banned
With all the extra space of an upgradable hard drive, they may as well let you install the Xbox 360 version too. No reason to leave Yoda out.

Otheradam said:

Wow. Seriously, why bitch? You sound like Sony shit on your pillow before you went to bed last night.

This is all I wanted to say. Install does not make me mad. I will not start bitching about someting that isn't important. Apparently you guys are all pressed for time as waiting a few minutes to install/re-install past data is a mega fucking deal. There a game you haven't played in a while? Delete the damn install for fuck's sake.

F-Pina

The instalation process reminds me of the ZX Spectrum cassette tapes in the 80s.
Except that you had a 50% chance that the game wouldn't load :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Otheradam said:
Why is anyone shocked to see PS3 installs continue to get bigger and bigger? DMC4 set a terrible precedent and now Japanese developers are following suit. I wonder how long people who say "its no big deal" will continue to do so when every game that comes out require 5gb+ installs. :lol

Fixed a key point you missed. The rest of your post is foolish.

RoH

SRG01 said:
We all figure that it's a typo with MB and GB for the save file. We're just having some fun. :lol

In that case...

Silly Sony thinking we wont buy the game because of the huge install, what are HDD for any way?:lol

RpgN

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Wow. Seriously, why bitch? You sound like Sony shit on your pillow before you went to bed last night.

This is all I wanted to say. Install does not make me mad. I will not start bitching about someting that isn't important. Apparently you guys are all pressed for time as waiting a few minutes to install/re-install past data is a mega fucking deal. There a game you haven't played in a while? Delete the damn install for fuck's sake.

Space is the problem. You can't say delete an install for 20 gb or 60 gb systems if more games contain installs. If you're fine with SCIV having a 9gb worth of install, then something is really wrong with you.

Saw the news very early today but was reluctant to make a thread because the 2GB save just sounds so BS to me...

but hey, anything can happen..

I think the REAL shitstorm will come if we find out all these details are ONLY related to the PS3. (obviously the install is, but we don't know about the save file).

Imagine if the PS3 save file really is 2GB, and the 360s is like 2MB.:lol

It's funny, I was mentioning trophies as a reason for now wanting more multiplats on my PS3 now, but I've just been reminded of this travesty of a situation.

Although, I've got 2 Hori sticks for 360 anyway so this was always gonna be a 360 purchase either way.

jjasper

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I think the REAL shitstorm will come if we find out all these details are ONLY related to the PS3. (obviously the install is, but we don't know about the save file).

Imagine if the PS3 save file really is 2GB, and the 360s is like 2MB.:lol

It's funny, I was mentioning trophies as a reason for now wanting more multiplats on my PS3 now, but I've just been reminded of this travesty of a situation.

Although, I've got 2 Hori sticks for 360 anyway so this was always gonna be a 360 purchase either way.

The 360 version requires a HDD so I doubt the save file is 2MB

sh4mike

I have Sanwa sticks for both. I'll get the version that runs smoother (and hopefully loads quicker), regardless of install requirements.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm still getting both the 360 and PS3 versions, I can care less about install times or hard drives being required or have you.

GAMEPLAY

That is what matters.

Vinci

Danish
:lol :lol :lol

This is Speevy's greatest thread ever. Seriously, I don't know why the hell the rest of you are talking - just give him room to crack funnies. I wouldn't have to scroll so much to get to the next one.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Speevy said:
Installing builds anticipation. Think of it as a 10, 20, or 30 minute drumroll.

:lol

MarkMan said:
I'm still getting both the 360 and PS3 versions, I can care less about install times or hard drives being required or have you.

GAMEPLAY

That is what matters.

MF truth right here. I still need to finishing my custom joystick also :( been so busy at work

Speevy

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Remember the days in which you could get entire games like Twilight Princess and Soul Calibur 2 in a 1.5GB disk?

Now you can fit them on the Playstation Store.

jrricky

Banned
:lol :lol
Do these people that defend the installs also have a Wii and defend the lack of more space?
even though it doesnt bother me much

What the F, David Blane!?

A 2GB save file? That probably won't even fit on my 2GB SD cards so if I want to change HDs in the PS3, I'll need to buy a bigger SD card just to transfer a game save? Blaaaaah.

Guess I better do it before I get SCIV. Who would have thought a 60GB wouldn't be enough space so soon :(

jrricky said:
:lol :lol
Do these people that defend the installs also have a Wii and defend the lack of more space?
even though it doesnt bother me much

wtf
Sure, a few game install would fill up a 20 GB 360 HDD fast, but even then, at least there's an option, albeit an expensive option, to upgrade your hard drive. Seriously, it's not even comparable.

Top Bottom