• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) -- Not a 6.7GB Install + 2GB Save

DCharlie said:
i think i need to have this moan in my tag: casual gamers are going to be turned off by this sort of thing, and -more importantly- people who don't upgrade are going to be hosed once Home/cross invites start becoming all the rage.

20 Gigaz :

"Wanna play Warhawk?"
"Sure, just need to install it - i have Lost Planet, GT5 and Soul Calibur installed. See you in 30 mins?"

10 seconds after finishing game

"Hey, wanna play Soul Calibur?!"
"Sure.... can you give me 30 mins?"

It's okay for people like us have upgraded, but they need to reel this in. :/

It's like...I'm there.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
1gb for each of Ivy's tits.

I'm cool with that!

Monocle

Hot damn. I really hope the save file won't eat up all of my poor 360's space. When I buy a PS3 I'll make sure to pick up an enormous hard drive along with it.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
:lol How long have you guys been gaming? I mean really....2GB game save?? Obviously a typo. This place is retarded sometimes.

Beatbox said:
:lol How long have you guys been gaming? I mean really....2GB game save?? Obviously a typo. This place is retarded sometimes.
PS3 sucks, never forget!

I've never heard of a 2GB save file, let alone anything over 100MB. I mean if you have multiple saves for tons of games you could reach 100MB, but even 1Gig for a save file? Sounds ludicrous.

The install size is what I'm wondering about. Fighting games shouldn't need that much, feel free to correct me though if I'm wrong!

Loudninja

CrushDance said:
PS3 sucks, never forget!

I've never heard of a 2GB save file, let alone anything over 100MB. I mean if you have multiple saves for tons of games you could reach 100MB, but even 1Gig for a save file? Sounds ludicrous.

The install size is what I'm wondering about. Fighting games shouldn't need that much, feel free to correct me though if I'm wrong!

5 gigs is the limit so that is wrong as well.

Truespeed

The 2GB save is real. SC4 on the PS3 saves its state to the HD so that it can resume exactly where you left off. Hopefully, all future games will employ this new state save feature so that we can all resume from the exact frame we exited the game from. We should be celebrating this new save system and not chastising it.

sprocket

Banned
Truespeed said:
The 2GB save is real. SC4 on the PS3 saves its state to the HD so that it can resume exactly where you left off. Hopefully, all future games will employ this new state save feature so that we can all resume from the exact frame we exited the game from. We should be celebrating this new save system and not chastising it.

that wouldn't take 2 gigs. more like 2kb

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Beatbox said:

This.

Nif

That's going to be a long-ass save. Unless it's for something like encoding video, I doubt this is true.

Truespeed

slicedking said:
No way in hell it's a 2gb save file. If true, PS3 owners can thank capcom for starting a lazy trend.

They can also thank RSA for the 16,777,216,000,000 bit key they're using to prevent any sort of tampering with the 2K save file.

acevans2

Actually, one of the reasons I loved playing Soul Calibur 2 on GCN at a friend's instead of at home on PS2 was the waay better load times. This is still a retarded install/save size to have, but if it's a really snappy game with loading anything/everything up, that's cool.

EazyB

Banned
There's no fuckin way they're that big. If that really isn't a typo then Namco really screwed something up.

acevans2 said:
Actually, one of the reasons I loved playing Soul Calibur 2 on GCN at a friend's instead of at home on PS2 was the waay better load times. This is still a retarded install/save size to have, but if it's a really snappy game with loading anything/everything up, that's cool.
Funny that... Guess which system has the worst disc load/access times?

Mrbob

Air Zombie Meat said:
Hey guys leave Scamco alone! They need the extra space to install all the locked content they're going to sell you over the next year!

Hahahaha, so true.

Scamco has not transitioned well to these new systems. Hell, Babiez Party is probably a more technically proficient game than anything they will put out this entire generation.

Mrbob said:
Hahahaha, so true.

Scamco has not transitioned well to these new systems. Hell, Babiez Party is probably a more technically proficient game than anything they will put out this entire generation.
OK, I dislike a TON of things that are happening this generation and I'm really honestly starting to hate some devs/pubs as well, but there is no way in this world you can even begin to utter that kind of lunacy and get away with it. SC may end being a total cluster$%^# in terms of design and so forth, but it's definitely more technically proficient than babiez. I seriously can't believe you'd even joke about that...

Ploid 3.0

So the install is the size of the whole game? I doubt it fills a 360 dvd and 360's max size is around 7gb. 6.7 gb for the install would pretty much let you boot up the game without the disk, but like warhawk br, if that were the case, I'm sure it would require the disk in it still.

If this game requires 8.7GB for an install and a save file, there are two things I'll be needing:

1) This install/save must be optional.
2) If I install nearly 9 f***ing GIGABYTES onto my HDD, there had better be no way in HELL that I need a disc.

Bottom line. If either ONE of these things doesn't fit, I damn sure won't buy it.

Ploid 3.0

Mefisutoferesu said:

Yea, I know how you feel. Those facts always get lost, and are always hard to look for again. GL on finding them to prove your statement, and finding out which is slower to read on average.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Mrbob said:
Hahahaha, so true.

Wait, so now we pretend that Tales of Vespria doesn't exist?

DeejayKnight said:
If this game requires 8.7GB for an install and a save file, there are two things I'll be needing:

1) This install/save must be optional.
2) If I install nearly 9 f***ing GIGABYTES onto my HDD, there had better be no way in HELL that I need a disc.

Bottom line. If either ONE of these things doesn't fit, I damn sure won't buy it.

So you won't be buying it.

Since it's not 9GB. :p

Top Bottom