• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser site launches, 5/10 reveal

Canova

Banned
If this IS SCE trying to make a new Souls spin off with their Demon's Souls IP I can honestly say that From Software has plenty more character to their designs. This just looks crazy for the sake of being crazy.

Oh gimme a break, don't try to over- analyze it, you could say the same thing about Nito or Bed of Chaos or Ceaseless Discharge or Adjudicator or Leechmonger designs the first time you saw them

I very badly want this to be From Software, but something tells me it won't be. Whatever happens, here's hoping for another good Vita game.

theBishop

Banned
I very badly want this to be From Software, but something tells me it won't be. Whatever happens, here's hoping for another good Vita game.

I just hope we're not being set up for a huge disappointment. From Software would be ideal. But Sony has teams who could do justice to a *Souls*-style game, and maybe get some of From's quirks right (e.g. coop).

Right now we know they're shooting for good graphics, teamwork, and killing monsters (probably with magic). That could go a lot of ways.

Globox_82

Banned
love shane but he is not the greatest judge out there. I remember when he said Uncharted is meh, and that Drake is like an empty avatar.....
Similar for Demon Souls. Claimed that it will never come to west.

dyergram

I'd agree if I didn't think you were so terribly wrong.

but what about maggot chain straight jacket dude:
FYD7U.png

Yuterald

I don't want to sound like an asshole or anything, but I can't believe so many people think this game looks like a From Software title. I don't even think the monster design/artwork bares any similarities. More so, thinking it's Dark/Demon's Souls related because of the word "Souls"? Come on, people. Sure, I'll be the first to eat crow if this ends up being a FROM title, but I highly, highly doubt it's related. I hope it really isn't a Souls games because I'd rather have a King's Field on the Vita, thank you very much.

jimmypython

I don't want to sound like an asshole or anything, but I can't believe so many people think this game looks like a From Software title. I don't even think the monster design/artwork bares any similarities. More so, thinking it's Dark/Demon's Souls related because of the word "Souls"? Come on, people. Sure, I'll be the first to eat crow if this ends up being a FROM title, but I highly, highly doubt it's related. I hope it really isn't a Souls games because I'd rather have a King's Field on the Vita, thank you very much.

Isn't KING'S FIELD also from FROM?

It looks like a new artist appropriating the style of Dark Souls to me

Could just be a new concept artist, or a whole new developer, But it definitely looks in the vein of a souls game

Top Bottom