• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita x Inafune) - Conference impressions and videos added to OP

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Speaking of avatars, is your username at all a reference to berserk?

Speaking of Berserk, that is really populair in Japan, right? And there is some fucked up and disturbing shit going on in that series, so not all is lost for this game getting somewhat of a following,

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Wow. That is fookin MENTAL.

206630_o.gif

Pyccko

Generally I'm a pretty squeamish guy, but for some reason none of this art bothers me.
I am officially hyped.

cyborg009

Banned
Speaking of avatars, is your username at all a reference to berserk?
zodd the immortal and Guts the main character

Speaking of Berserk, that is really populair in Japan, right? And there is some fucked up and disturbing shit going on in that series, so not all is lost for this game getting somewhat of a following,

It's pretty good I've watch some of the anime but I'm to busy for the manga( ending for the anime was pretty insane for me and some bits manga are pretty gruesome)

those soul games were inspire by it maybe this one as well?

darkwing

I just noticed, with all the complaints about the screenshots.

There is a logo on the bottom left that is pixelated/stretched out. Could this be the cause of the complaints? Its presented badly? If that text is bad then its not an actual example of the graphics no?

Or that website just have an ugly logo?

looks like scans to me

SharkJAW

I'm totally hoping that the sacrifice of body parts acts as a core aspect of the gameplay. Imagine sacrificing one of your eyes and your field of view is limited or blurred, or sacrificing nerves decreases response times to actions such as dodging. Officially hyped.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm totally hoping that the sacrifice of body parts acts as a core aspect of the gameplay. Imagine sacrificing one of your eyes and your field of view is limited or blurred, or sacrificing nerves decreases response times to actions such as dodging. Officially hyped.

What happens after you sacrifice them? Do they regen or do you just jam them back into your body? Also, wouldn't you get all wobbly and shit after ripping out your own spine? These are important questions.

SharkJAW

What happens after you sacrifice them? Do they regen or do you just jam them back into your body? Also, wouldn't you get all wobbly and shit after ripping out your own spine? These are important questions.

True, but I am under the assumption that such massive sacrifices should be used as a last resort, and different missions would provide different characters for the various stories of the book. I'm probably entirely off base, but the thought of it excites me.

Replicant

Why do I get the impression that those 'monsters' are actually previous Soul Sacrificers who have turned into abominations because they overdid their 'sacrifice'?

Globox_82

Banned
Sounds good on papper but would suck if in the game.

cyborg009

Banned
True, but I am under the assumption that such massive sacrifices should be used as a last resort, and different missions would provide different characters for the various stories of the book. I'm probably entirely off base, but the thought of it excites me.

your body mutates
full.jpg

Why do I get the impression that those 'monsters' are actually previous Soul Sacrificers who have turned into abominations because they overdid their 'sacrifice'?

correct its been stated

Globox_82

Banned
Who knows maybe there is hope for scej. Gravity daze and this. Two new ips on vita
I just hope they sell . GDaze sold poorly in japan

Somnid

Interesting concept but it seems almost like another overcompensating gore fest a la God of War. This is not the broad spectrum game Vita needs.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to see this in action.

Who knows maybe there is hope for scej. Gravity daze and this. Two new ips on vita
I just hope they sell . GDaze sold poorly in japan

Actually, Gravity Daze has been selling pretty decently over here for a Vita title. It would also appear as though there are a solid number of folks who downloaded the game to boot.

As far as Vita games go, it's definitely doing well. A slow burner, but still.

Jonnyram

So basically, if you sacrifice your eye, it will be replaced with monster eyes, sacrifice a hand and you got mutated hands etc, too much and you become like the enemies.
When you put it like that, using monster parts to replace your own body parts would almost put it on a parallel equipment path with Monster Hunter. In that game you basically progress through tougher monsters, getting monster parts to build stronger equipment. If you get stronger by using body parts from stronger monsters in this game, it would essentially be the same system :O

yencid

When you put it like that, using monster parts to replace your own body parts would almost put it on a parallel equipment path with Monster Hunter. In that game you basically progress through tougher monsters, getting monster parts to build stronger equipment. If you get stronger by using body parts from stronger monsters in this game, it would essentially be the same system :O

No you dont use monsters body parts, you sacrifice your own to use stronger magic. When you do that your body part you used becomes mutated. The monsters in this game are others that used their powers so much they became those monsters.

Replicant

Mxrz

Going by your avatar you ave shit taste in games, then. See two people can play that game.

I honestly hope mods start baning people for dismissing/judging posts based on people's avatar.

I'll take it over the drive-by-trolling.

This game seems too offbeat to draw early conclusions. But I'm curious about Mitsuda doing the music (if that's the case). Kept picturing the art set to "My village is number 1!" but I forgot he did Shadow Hearts, too.

sorry to ask a stupid question, but what genre is this game suppposed to be?

If its action, Im in.

If its an RPG im out.

If its a blend of the two, then Ill see.

Endo Punk

Im a little confused about this sacrifice system. I understand your body mutates but say you use up both your eye balls for Gorgon magic does that mean you can never use that magic again?

Also inevitable penis sacrifice jokes incoming, lol.

yencid

Im a little confused about this sacrifice system. I understand your body mutates but say you use up both your eye balls for Gorgon magic does that mean you can never use that magic again?

Also inevitable penis sacrifice jokes incoming, lol.

Well they've yet to reveal if you grow them back/somehow get them back, if you dont its very probable.

Ratrat

sorry to ask a stupid question, but what genre is this game suppposed to be?

If its action, Im in.

If its an RPG im out.

If its a blend of the two, then Ill see.

I think its safe to say its a Monster hunter-like action game with emphasis on multiplayer and defeating monsters.

This looks straight out of Prototype.
9Kie1.jpg

This looks so damn awesome. I'm just hoping they don't take long with the NA release.

Also, never realized so many people are squeamish when it comes to video games. This is just a creative way of expressing violence that is already saturated in every form of media that exists. I can't wait to get involved in the world, the monster designs already seem to have much promise.

Globox_82

Banned
Actually, Gravity Daze has been selling pretty decently over here for a Vita title. It would also appear as though there are a solid number of folks who downloaded the game to boot.

As far as Vita games go, it's definitely doing well. A slow burner, but still.
How many hard copies have been sold? From what i remember around 50k which is nothing spectacular
Edit:i checked vgcrap it say 70k of hard cipies in japan, so around 100k with download. Not impressed. Ww it wont do,more then 500k. More reason to make ps3 versions day 1 . This way they just lose money

Top Bottom