• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur IV Official Custom Character/Costume thread

Here it is, the complete Masters of the Universe (sorry about the quality, my capture card is shitty).

He-Man (with Dolph Lundgren-ey face):
heman01.jpg

heman02.jpg

heman03.jpg

heman_stats.jpg

Man-At-Arms:
maa01.jpg

maa02.jpg

maa03.jpg

maa_stats.jpg

Teela:
teela01.jpg

teela02.jpg

teela03.jpg

teela_stats.jpg

Skeletor:
skeletor01.jpg

skeletor02.jpg

skeletor03.jpg

skeletor_stats.jpg

Evil-Lyn:
evillyn01.jpg

evillyn02.jpg

evillyn03.jpg

evillyn_stats.jpg

I wanted to do Beast Man, but it ended up looking not so good.

Vormund

Excellent. I'm going to start making those MOTU chars. :)

edit: Would have been nice to get the Revenant head as a mask. Pity it doesn't seem to be available. :/

fernoca

Well, someone likes He-Man/Masters of the Universe.. :p

Anyway....
Seeing Skeletor, reminds me that..I bet that Namco is going to release the "skull pack" around October (Halloween?) or something..I mean..an option to add skeleton parts to the charatcers....since it's already on the disc..so another 200 MS Points key..or something.

My Scorpion needs it!! :p

2&2 said:
Isn't there a CPU opponent with a skeleton face? Can't you use it in create a character?

There's one called "Skeleton," I haven't gotten a good look at his face, but I don't have any skeleton parts I can use. Just the scary Yoshimitsu faces and such. I've got over 30 achievements, but I'm only halfway through Tower of Lost Souls. Maybe it's in there somewhere?

Caj814

Has anyone else make alternate costumes for the default characters that actually fit in with them?No throwing a bunch of random paladin armor on Mitsurugi or anything like that :lol

I made one for Hilde earlier and think it's fits in pretty well for her character.
vlcsnap-00002-2.jpg

vlcsnap-00003-2.jpg

Chairhome said:
Vegeta (with scouter, haha) - This was based off an awesome Nappa I saw.
IMG_8134-vi.jpg
You should use the Unsurper's Fauld as the waste/pants part, it actually looks exactly like the one Vegeta really has. Also, in this costume, his hair should be black lol

It's really too bad you can't mix up female costume parts with male ones. For making a Sayin the female parts have the right shoulder parts and right gloves. The male parts have the right armor and waste part.

Kreed said:
I copied your Piccolo, really nice :D

Sorry for the low quality (phone pics):
Piccolo (copy of the one Kreed made (well as good as possible without the stats):
Afbeelding071.jpg

Goku:
Afbeelding069.jpg

Vegeta (altered version of the one Chairhome made):
Afbeelding067.jpg

Nappa:
Afbeelding070.jpg

Sayin Girl:
Afbeelding068.jpg

Ivy (The only costume I wanna see her in):
Afbeelding080.jpg

Sophita (goes Roman):
Afbeelding078.jpg

Setsuka (actually looking a bit Japanese):
Afbeelding075.jpg

Siegfried armors (DLC helmets):
Afbeelding076.jpg

Afbeelding077.jpg

Random characters I actually play with:
Afbeelding072.jpg

Afbeelding073.jpg

Afbeelding074.jpg

Sho Nuff

Banned
2ci7dqe.jpg

The Snuggle Bear is tired of being exploited and takes matters into his own hands

2zqgfaf.jpg

Cammy, mmm

vrpvgj.jpg

Harley Quinn is pissed off that Mr. J's jacket isn't available in the non-LE version

2n0ilib.jpg

RRRRRAIDEN (Christopher Lambert version)

2qknla1.jpg

Sam Fisher!!!

2vj6i5c.jpg

My original character: Yes Deer. She is a maid who went insane and took the deer head off the wall of her master's mansion and then slaughtered everyone with a big hammer and then went looking for Soul Calibur because there wasn't anything else interesting to do

14d3b0j.jpg

GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO ZERO

I like the recreation of old characters and all, it's both amazing and funny, but it's starting to get old. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing some serious cool looking original custom characters. I can't even tell you how many times I fought Cloud or some random Street Fighter character while online last week.

Is this the extent of the average consumer's creativity?

Sho Nuff

Banned
Dark Octave said:
I like the recreation of old characters and all, it's both amazing and funny, but it's starting to get old. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing some serious cool looking original custom characters. I can't even tell you how many times I fought Cloud or some random Street Fighter character while online last week.

Getting your ass handed to you by Mr. Clean > Everything else

Dark Octave said:

Honestly, I find the parts need more variation to do really cool original stuff (and I'm not talking about modern looking pieces). I couldn't even properly recreate my 2 SC3 original characters :(

The biggest problem is so many of the parts are just the main cast's alternate outfits, which are pretty distinctive. No matter what else you toss on, it just looks like you added a bunch of stuff to Seung Mi-na. The loss of original fighting styles doesn't help either.

I dunno, I've spent a hell of a lot of time messing around with it, and I made some cool re-creations, but I found the CAS in SC3 to be more flexible (even if they didn't look as good). As much as releasing DLC this early after a game's release sucks, I really hope they release a large pack of parts. I'd pay $5-10 for a ton of stuff that isn't just a bunch of helmets.

Dead Man

ThirstyFly said:
Honestly, I find the parts need more variation to do really cool original stuff (and I'm not talking about modern looking pieces). I couldn't even properly recreate my 2 SC3 original characters :(

The biggest problem is so many of the parts are just the main cast's alternate outfits, which are pretty distinctive. No matter what else you toss on, it just looks like you added a bunch of stuff to Seung Mi-na. The loss of original fighting styles doesn't help either.

I dunno, I've spent a hell of a lot of time messing around with it, and I made some cool re-creations, but I found the CAS in SC3 to be more flexible (even if they didn't look as good). As much as releasing DLC this early after a game's release, I really hope they release a large pack of parts. I'd pay $5-10 for a ton of stuff that isn't just a bunch of helmets.

Yeah, I feel this way too. The loss of layering is a hindrance as well. Sure it helped with clipping, but what if I want my fighter to wear an apron and a skirt?

That said, I do have some original characters I am really pleased with, I just haven't been arsed taking photos.

Also very pissed off that Namco do not want my Aussie dollars, and have not given my guys just a regular old shirt. I bought the LE, gimme a damn shirt without frills!

idahoblue said:
Also very pissed off that Namco do not want my Aussie dollars, and have not given my guys just a regular old shirt. I bought the LE, gimme a damn shirt without frills!

Haha. Oh god, you don't know how much not having a regular old shirt pisses me off too.

I'll post my original characters later, but I'll have to post their SC3 versions too so you can see what they're supposed to look like :(

My original character: Yes Deer. She is a maid who went insane and took the deer head off the wall of her master's mansion and then slaughtered everyone with a big hammer and then went looking for Soul Calibur because there wasn't anything else interesting to do

OMFG :lol :lol :lol

Sho Nuff said:
14d3b0j.jpg

GONNA TAKE POLLUTION DOWN TO ZERO

Awesome!

And how about that you can't put a vest on over a shirt?! I tried building an Indigo Montoya to duke it out with my Dread Pirate Roberts, and it's just not the same...

No_Style

More unoriginal characters from me:

Zelda, Vergil and Ocelot

zelda.jpg
vergil.jpg
ocelot.jpg

Not particularly happy with Ocelot...

My rendition of M. Bison, Sodom and K'
m_bison.jpg
sodom.jpg
k.jpg

Even more Garou: MOTW characters:

Hokutomaru, B. Jenet and Terry Bogard
hokutomaru.jpg
b_jenet.jpg
terrybogard.jpg

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I wish Namco would allow us to give characters - at least in appearance - to friends so we could share stupid stuff. Obviously, costume items would need a lock structure of sorts so you couldn't transfer them over to other characters if you hadn't unlocked them yourself.

Hero

Just joined the SCIV 360 crowd.

This might be a stupid question but in the create a character mode, why is the "Name Entry" selection not highlighted? I'm trying to change the name of the character but it's not letting me.

Kreed

Hero said:
Just joined the SCIV 360 crowd.

This might be a stupid question but in the create a character mode, why is the "Name Entry" selection not highlighted? I'm trying to change the name of the character but it's not letting me.

Are you trying to create a brand new character or editing an pre-existing one (ex: Voldo)? Make sure you're selecting the portrait to the right of Siegfried with a picture of a guy and a girl to create brand new characters.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Caj814 said:
Has anyone else make alternate costumes for the default characters that actually fit in with them?No throwing a bunch of random paladin armor on Mitsurugi or anything like that :lol

I made one for Hilde earlier and think it's fits in pretty well for her character.

Yes I made a Repented Paladin Nightmare, Elite Roman Guard Sophitia (she betrayed Greece!), and modern Goth Tira. But they are somewhere else in this thread.

I also recently made an Ivy pirate all dressed in black leather, looks pretty good, and also a Taki pirate because I'm gonna make a whole crew of female pirates :lol

EDIT: Here, but I don't have my camera now so I won't be able to take pictures of the pirates soon:|

2zyhpbl.jpg

I just need to change Sophitia's dress, too celtic.

Top Bottom