• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Source 2 and Left 4 Dead 3 accidentally confirmed by Valve tour group of dev floor

BY2K

Membero Americo
82690919.jpg

So that's where Legacy Zero got his avatar from.

Man I love L4D2. Hope L4D3 doesn't stay too far into the hat collecting of TF2.

I can just imagine joining a random game and being called a noob because I don't have X weapon or gadget or fancy hat.. oh lord.

Crayons

Banned
Actually Valve is making a bundle called '3' and it will include L4D3, HL3, and Riochet 3 all in one package.
Believe.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I went and played through L4D1 with my girlfriend a few weeks ago because I figured it'd be an easy/simple FPS for her. We both had a blast even playing on easy. Such a great game.
L4D1 was a pretty cool game. Too bad it wasn't really made by Valve.

Literally all my hopes and dreams for gaming lie in source 2

Low input lag, the option to turn off level streaming for multiplayer games so you can precache everything and not have uneven frametimes or texture pop in (what source and the spark engine do right now), in engine framerate capping without vsync, 1:1 raw mouse input, good netcode and hopefully full MSAA support,

We fucking need these so desperately if they phase out source, else there will be nowhere left to go if you care about playing a quality multiplayer fps.
Source not being a streaming engine turned out to be a blessing.

If valve fuck up source 2 idk what I'll do, probably just give up and find a new hobby.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Makes sense, given the previous leak, and that Valve only makes community focused multiplayer games.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS! HL3 is so secret that no one is permitted to even email about internally. It's the only possible explanation!

I'm actually serious.

calder

I bought L4D 2 so long ago and never once played it. I really overestimated being able to get a few friends together to co-op it properly :/

Who the heck asked for L4D3? I'm curious.

l4d is one of the best multiplayer games of the entire generation, assymetrical gameplay is amazing it's the most rewarding mp game there is.
Coordinating a good teamwipe as infected is one of the most satisfying things in gaming.

Shitting out the identical l4d2 while splitting up the community so fast was pointless , but by now they could iterate on it and make something even better.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
LEFT and DEAD have four letters each, ok. Sound familiar? That's because two other words do too. HALF and LIFE. Using simple replacement, we change LEFT 4 DEAD 3 to HALF 4 LIFE 3. Now, if we take the 4 and move it - we get HALF LIFE 3&4. So clearly Valve's next two games are Half Life 3 and Half Life 4.

Literally all my hopes and dreams for gaming lie in source 2

Low input lag, the option to turn off level streaming for multiplayer games so you can precache everything and not have uneven frametimes or texture pop in (what source and the spark engine do right now), in engine framerate capping without vsync, 1:1 raw mouse input, good netcode and hopefully full MSAA support,

We fucking need these so desperately if they phase out source, else there will be nowhere left to go if you care about playing a quality multiplayer fps.
Source not being a streaming engine turned out to be a blessing.

If valve fuck up source 2 idk what I'll do, probably just give up and find a new hobby.

So are any of these features you mentioned a reality for Source 2? Has Gabe mentioned these as a shoe in for their next engine or is this your wishful thinking?

I'm guessing if they monetize L4D3 for F2P, it'll be for clothes, plus mutation tickets.

Keeping my fingers crossed they update SFM.

Top Bottom