• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sources: Trump lawyers knew of Russia emails back in June

Az

They could have all just remained rich as shit and enjoyed a long life doing what ever the fuck they wanted. And they chose this

NewFresh

They could have all just remained rich as shit and enjoyed a long life doing what ever the fuck they wanted. And they chose this

I feel like that was the real goal. But then america had to go and mess it all up by actually voting him in.

antonz

White House released their new Deflection and Spin.

Loretta Lynch approved the Lawyers emergency visa in October 2015 that was set to expire Jan 2016. Somehow that timeline means its all Obama administrations fault for meeting in June. One big conspiracy

Zolo

White House released their new Deflection and Spin.

Loretta Lynch approved the Lawyers emergency visa in October 2015 that was set to expire Jan 2016. Somehow that timeline means its all Obama administrations fault for meeting in June. One big conspiracy

This is kinda their only path. You can't defend a confession from the suspect, so all you can do is deflect responsibility.

@ChuckRossDC

6 people were in that Trump Tower meeting, but we've only heard about 5...story tk

Manafort
Jr.
Kushner
Russian Lawyer Lady
Translator
???

Wait, he works for the Daily Caller, that Tucker Carlson rag. Why would he want to implicate someone else associated with Trump? Something smells fishy.

We have a goddamn confession. What are you guys waiting for to remove this asshole of a president you elected??? A 2018 democrat majority? He has to be removed NOW!

Horns

His lies are lies about lies. Trump will eventually tell the truth but we're going to assume it's a lie.

So Kushner is now on an interim security clearance this was before the emails where released. What's after that one of those sticker police badges and a rubb of his hair with an "atta boy!" ?

norinrad

See this is why you hire competent people instead of loyal people.
You have millions, you can afford the actual best. Instead you hire people that verbally suck your dick the best.

That Arrested Development GIF just keeps on giving.

When you run a country like a business, you are bound to have people around you who are more than willing.

Maybe. I don't read the Daily Caller because I value my time, but how do it and other far-right publications feel about Priebus, who represents the establishment GOP? If they hate the establishment, I can definitely see them spreading a story that implicates Reince, too.

He's a little weasel that by all accounts Trump can't stand and has considered canning from his team along with spicy Spicer.

the fashion guy

This too.

Didn't his Facebook check him in there?

Or, plot twist, Manafort and translator are one and the same. Can he speak Russian?

That could make the six people:

Jr.
Kushner
Manafort
Lawyer
Fashion dude
Preibus

Just fanticizing about something that could pull in the Republican Party and give better understanding as to why the party gave in to that sudden platform change regarding the Ukraine.

Wag

Lawrence O'Donnell pointed out last night that one of the the things Jared's father went to jail over was an attempt to fuck over his own brother in law. Fucking guy sent a prostitute to his brother in law, taped it, and then sent the tape to his own sister.

Maybe he can get his father's cell?

Cuburt

This is really starting to sound like Kushner is throwing Jr under the bus

Veselnitskaya's NBC interview also seemed to highlight that Kushner left soon after the meeting started, almost as if to distance his participation as much as possible from the meeting, and that Manafort was busy playing with his phone instead of paying attention, as if to put this all on Jr.'s stupid lapse of judgement rather than any wide spread wrongdoing.

The crazy thing to me is that Donny Sr. is seeming to sign off on the whole thing with barely even a word said to defend his son's actions or his character, and even parroting Veselnitskaya's statement about Manafort being on his phone and Kushner leaving early.

That makes it seem to me that everyone is on the same page about how this has to play out to attempt to diffuse the situation and that's by having Jr. take the fall. The only thing is the way Jr. posted out the emails himself, I don't think he knows he's being set up to take the fall and he might be the only one who didn't.

How do you get caught lying on a security clearance form multiple times in less than six months and not only still have a job but still have the clearance?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Veselnitskaya's NBC interview also seemed to highlight that Kushner left soon after the meeting started, almost as if to distance his participation as much as possible from the meeting, and that Manafort was busy playing with his phone instead of paying attention, as if to put this all on Jr.'s stupid lapse of judgement rather than any wide spread wrongdoing.

The crazy thing to me is that Donny Sr. is seeming to sign off on the whole thing with barely even a word said to defend his son's actions or his character, and even parroting Veselnitskaya's statement about Manafort being on his phone and Kushner leaving early.

That makes it seem to me that everyone is on the same page about how this has to play out to attempt to diffuse the situation and that's by having Jr. take the fall. The only thing is the way Jr. posted out the emails himself, I don't think he knows he's being set up to take the fall and he might be the only one who didn't.

You might be right and if you are my guess is that they think they can just pardon junior and take care of the whole mess that way.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Kushner in prison, guys like him are used as currency in prison.

Once they knock all his teeth out and shave his butt, that'll be a prime piece of real estate. And Kushner knows all about prime real estate.

Who are we kidding he's off to country club prison isn't he?

Yeah prison rape is not funny.

Exile20

Manafort
Jr.
Kushner
Russian Lawyer Lady
Translator
Putin wearing shades and a baseball cap

Wait, he works for the Daily Caller, that Tucker Carlson rag. Why would he want to implicate someone else associated with Trump? Something smells fishy.

While his look-alike is back in Russia.

tumblr_mnegocrYg01qa0n48o6_250.gif

"His lawyers have said this was inadvertent and that a member of his staff had prematurely hit the ”send" button for the firm before it was completed."

Appropriate.

Kushner in prison, guys like him are used as currency in prison.

Once they knock all his teeth out and shave his butt, that'll be a prime piece of real estate. And Kushner knows all about prime real estate.

Who are we kidding he's off to country club prison isn't he?
Can we not with the prison rape fantasies?

commedieu

Banned
How do you get caught lying on a security clearance form multiple times in less than six months and not only still have a job but still have the clearance?

I'm not sure I know what serious vetting means anymore. It must mean something different. Like the opposite of vetting?

Of course they knew, the line keeps extending.

Time for those lawyer to lawyer up.

June last year more like. But yeah, Easy D caught in another clear lie, now numbering in the thousands. And this:

Is the flimsiest, most transparent bullshit excuse I have ever heard. Why then didn't they correct it immediately rather than waiting over 5 months, after he'd been caught out on the meeting? Yeah, I thought so.

Yep.

Trump did know about the meeting. He promised an oppo droppo on Clinton (for the next week) the same day Jr. set up the meeting with the Russian lawyer. Trump is guilty.

Trump's latest I heard on the news about the Russia meeting progressed to "it was a short meeting and nothing happened" lol.

LOL bullshit Trump, sure I believe that...not.
Also, but I thought you didn't know about it until recently Trump? What's that, that was another lie? Shocked.

At this rate Trump is going to be the first President to pardon himself

He'll certainly try!

digdug2k

How do you lie about that, lie about who's there when its found out, lie about basically everything, then say "Well, they didn't have any information in the end anyway, and Jim left quickly, and Joe was barely in the room", and have anyone, let alone the press and the opposition party, take you seriously either.

Top Bottom