• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South African retailer lists The Bioshock Collection (PS4/X1) for November release

stryke

This got posted on PS Russia's twitter account, got no idea what it says though.

CQoUW_JUcAAz5ZN.jpg

system11

Please be a thing. Please be 1080/60. I've bought these games across multiple platforms and you can have my money again. Rapture was the best game setting of all time.

Bizzquik

This needs to be a thing.

...still waiting for the formal announcement if this collection is actually going to be in stores in seven weeks.

So is this going to be a digital release with 3 on sale separately and a physical box bundle similar to Metro?

Would happily play the first 2 through again. Infinite... not so much

Calmine

Please be a thing. Please be 1080/60. I've bought these games across multiple platforms and you can have my money again. Rapture was the best game setting of all time.

Can only hope. It's the unreal engine and 2ks last release Borderlands collection was damn good after patched. So in the hands of the right port team could be release quite nicely or end up shit.

Every time I see this thread bump my heart skips a beating hoping for some kind of official confirmation. Don't be playing with my emotions, 2K. Just announce the god damned thing already.

overcast

What makes you say this?
Only a month away. 3 game collection of one of the bigger franchises of last gen. I feel like they'll want to promote this thing with a big announcement and have some hype to be built into it. Like 4-6 months advance.

It's certainly not impossible, but I just don't feel like it'll happen.

This got posted on PS Russia's twitter account, got no idea what it says though.

CQoUW_JUcAAz5ZN.jpg

I know Russian; it's the opening dialogue from the game.

"Booker, are you afraid of God?"
"No, but I'm afraid of you."

In Russian:

Букер, ты боишься Бога?
Нет, но тебя боюсь.

Can't make out the portion behind the characters.

TalonJH

I'm not personally interested in playing any of the Bioshock games again but I'm happy that people that may have missed them will get to play them now. I really enjoyed the series.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
When could this gonna be announced? I'm hankering for some bioshock on my PS4.

Paris Games Week right around the corner.

I've got all three Bioshocks on PS3, but man, I can't put up with that IQ and framerate. I really hope this collection (if it exists) is a serious remaster, and not a Dishonored or Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 4 style remaster. Series deserves the best treatment. If they wanted to be really cool, they'd try to make the combat of the first one not feel like an asstastrophe.

Shenmue

Banned
It's already almost November. I'm leaning towards that this is fake. How could no announcement have been made if the game is supposed to be out in a month?

kng3025

Seeing as I haven't played Infinite
I know, I know
it would be nice being able to on the ps4 in 1080/60..Also, Bioshock would finally be hitting the Vita!

Hell, it's about time. Though having played Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite recently....

...those games haven't aged graceful, or at least, they're a lot less good outside of the launch hype. they're fun, don't get me wrong, I'll always look back on my first playthroughs as a masterpiece, but I honestly just don't like playing Bioshock 1 anymore, and Bioshock Infinite just doesn't hold up as well as I'd hope.

I dunno, maybe those games aren't well suited to repeat playthroughs for me.

butman

2015 so far...

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
God of War III Remastered
Journey
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Resident Evil: HD Remaster
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Homeworld Remastered
State of Decay Year One Survival Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
The Bioshock Collection

Welcome to the Deja Vu Gen

NIGHT-

2015 so far...

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
God of War III Remastered
Journey
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Resident Evil: HD Remaster
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Homeworld Remastered
State of Decay Year One Survival Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
The Bioshock Collection

Welcome to the Deja Vu Gen

Missing prototype and gears of war ultimate

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm assuming this is just a port/remaster, right? If so, that's more than enough for me to gobble this up. Love the BioShock series.

Fuchsdh

I'd feel the same except I can play it at >1080p60 on my Mac with a 360 controller, so unless they're doing other touch-ups, with 360 Backwards compatibility I don't see much of a point.

Makes me wonder if the pyhsics in bioshock 1 will still be locked at a jarring 30 fps. Looks like shit.

Yeah this is one of those things that I would want fixed. BS1 though really cries out for a remake to make the city shine more, and to clean up the Splicer models which have aged pretty badly.

It certainly would. As long as it's everything (i've never played MD unfortunately) I'll be there day 1

I'm not as enraptured (heh heh) with it as the people who say it's the "best BioShock", but it's definitely a great piece of DLC. You couldn't get it on Mac until recently, so that was nice.

Top Bottom