• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Carolina CNN Dem Debate (Obama: Yet to determine if Bill is, in fact, a brotha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWO

Cheebs said:

6xzwid.gif

Clevinger

Cheebs said:
What would you do in his shoes. It is hard to remember but look at it from BILL, not from Hillary's.

Bill Clinton if Hillary loses will go down in history as a solid 2 term president with a good economy but hurt by personal scandals. Not much history or legacy there.

If Hillary wins he'll instantly go down in history by the endless "firsts" he will break as will his political power since he basically would be the only president since FDR to run three campaigns and win. History books will be written about him and "The Clintons" for hundreds of years.

Bill is playing dirty right now because his place in history is on the line.

A forgetable solid president or one that broke records and will go down in history? Hillary's election determines that place.

Oh, well, if his (larger) legacy is on the line, that makes all of this ok. God forbid he be remembered as just a two term president...

Give me a fucking break. The guy's a giant fucking slimeball for doing this.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
There's no rule against an ex-president mixing it up in a campaign. There's a social convention against it, but I don't truck much with those.

What bugs me more is that Clinton maintained the traditional low profile while Bush was pushing his most destructive policies. Apparently Bill thinks it's more important to save the country from Obama than it was to save it from Bush.

Also, Clinton accusing Obama of faking his war opposition shows a massive lack of self-awareness. Or perhaps a deep, abiding love of irony.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Mandark said:
There's no rule against an ex-president mixing it up in a campaign. There's a social convention against it, but I don't truck much with those.

What bugs me more is that Clinton maintained the traditional low profile while Bush was pushing his most destructive policies. Apparently Bill thinks it's more important to save the country from Obama than it was to save it from Bush.

Also, Clinton accusing Obama of faking his war opposition shows a massive lack of self-awareness. Or perhaps a deep, abiding love of irony.

Bush hurting the country only helps Hillary in the 2008 election. Obama doing anything positive only hurts Hillary in the election. Sad but true :(

Piper Az

PhoenixDark said:
Bill is an asshole :lol

The Clinton's started this bullshit, not Obama

So true - it all started with Hillary and Bill making cases about Obama's reference to JFK and MLK as well as calling his anti-war stance "a fairytale".

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Piper Az said:
So true - it all started with Hillary and Bill making cases about Obama's reference to JFK and MLK as well as calling his anti-war stance "a fairytale".

What are talking about

Link1110

Piper Az said:
This from the woman who only became anti-war around September of last year, just in time for a presidential bid.

Cheebs

A poll taken just this weekend has Bill's approval ratings at 80%. If anyone can make up claims about Obama and have americans believe them its him. Kinda like Bush doing the WMD thing when his approval was above 80%+ so the Americans believed him.

People trust bill. America would follow bill clinton off a cliff. As long as he gave him that sly smile of his.

Cheebs said:
A poll taken just this weekend has Bill's approval ratings at 80%. If anyone can make up claims about Obama and have americans believe them its him. Kinda like Bush doing the WMD thing when his approval was above 80%+ so the Americans believed him.

People trust bill. America would follow bill clinton off a cliff. As long as he gave him that sly smile of his.

lol who could say no this face?

My_Life.jpg

Juice

You know, one reason I'm glad for the "Obama's a Muslim" e-mail swiftboating is that if Hillary wins, we can all look back on it and claim that it was only because of defamation and/or religious discrimination.

Cheebs

Does anyone honestly believe this is the end of Obama's presidencial future if he loses? Does no one really think he wont run in 2012(if hillary loses) or 2016 (if she wins)?

I mean Gore ran in 1988 and didn't get nominated till 2000. Reagan tried to get the republican nomination in 1976 and got a bitter second place. George Bush Sr. lost the 1980 primary after winning Iowa. Bob Dole ran and lost before he got the nomination. Richard Nixon....etc. The list goes on forever. Of course a good recent example? John McCain.

Second place primary finishers are almost ALWAYS back, especially one as young as him.

Ron Paul has a better shot at winning the presidency than does the chances of Obama NOT running again if he loses (barring him being killed or something)

datruth29

Cheebs said:

Can I get a link to this stat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom