• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Final Fantasy Press Event at E3, runs at the same time as Nintendo's event

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Are they seriously doing this at the same time Smash 4 will most likely be unveiled?

Are you saying Square shall get Smashed?

It's like they're pitting themselves Versus Nintendo.

Hm.

Noctis-wiiu_zps03070791.png

I can't believe people think that Versus (no matter what it ends up being called) is going to be the only big new AAA Final Fantasy we'll see at E3. We're going to see Versus and we're going to see the next-gen FF for PS4. They are not the same thing.

I can't believe people think that Versus (no matter what it ends up being called) is going to be the only big new AAA Final Fantasy we'll see at E3. We're going to see Versus and we're going to see the next-gen FF for PS4. They are not the same thing.

Ya think so huh?

Well, you'll see. You'll all see.

Rzni4eS.gif

Darryl

Banned
reminds me of this thread. maybe square-enix wants to use the unknown around its games to its advantage and get people talking about their games now that they're finally thinking about releasing them.

HeelPower

Ya think so huh?

Well, you'll see. You'll all see.

Rzni4eS.gif

lol dude hilarious gif

No you forget that they have ARR(AAA FF launching in august) and LR. I can't see them showing TWO more FF. If versus is only current gen then it wont be shown at E3...I believe only one unannounced title will be shown.

Se could always pull a Bioware.

"FF XIV is not just XIV, but it's XV, XVI, XVII etc."

I dunno if they'd wanna take that risk again and commit to one direction for multiple games after XIII. FF as a brand probably can't survive another terribly received trilogy/tetralogy.

I bet Agnis Philosophy will be revealed with gameplay. Maybe a FF spin off?

I'm probably expecting way, WAY too much, but I'm hoping Agnis will be a new, parallel, FF series alongside Versus and FFXV.

trmas

Banned
I still want to believe in Square, but it seems to be a race as to which company can kill themselves fastest between Square and MS these days. Please show us something that isn't on a phone or handheld.

Something that the graphics whore in me can grin at.

But that nextgen FF is another 7 years away so it's best to ignore it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Don't expect anything. Not being cynical, but thinking about what we'll get is a roll of the dice.

I rolled for you and you got a natural 1.

Roll fumble chart for Square Enix's mistake!

D100 = 98

Oh dear: Knock yourself out cold in a daring feat of incompetence. Helpless for 1d6 rounds.

d6 = 6

Oh my.

Khrno

Even if ARR is part of this press event, there will be 3 special events dedicated to ARR and streamed live:

Letter from the Producer Live: E3 Edition Part 1 (Japanese Language)
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 4:00pm (PDT)/7:00pm (EDT)/23:00 (GMT)

The daring duo of Yoshida and Foxclon are back and broadcasting a special edition of the ever-popular Letter from the Producer Live straight from the E3 show floor! As always, we expect Foxclon to ask the hard hitting questions that Yoshida just can’t resist answering!

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Battle Event & Community Recap (English Language)
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 4:00pm (PDT)/7:00pm (EDT)/23:00 (GMT)

During E3, attendees will have the chance to go hands-on with special battle content. The North American Community Team will be live streaming and commenting as attendees get a first-hand look at this special content. You can also expect some fun commentary on the event itself!

Letter from the Producer Live: E3 Edition Part 2 (English Language)
Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 2:00pm (PDT)/5:00pm (EDT)/21:00 (GMT)

For the first time ever, Yoshida will be co-hosting a Letter from the Producer Live in English with the help of everyone’s favorite voidsent Fernehalwes, aka Localization Lead Michael Christopher-Koji Fox! Bayohne will be there trying to wrangle these two and while we can’t reveal too much, you can expect some fun surprises!

You'll be able to watch the stream on the "Square Enix Presents" YouTube page!

So this press event will most likely be about Versus, FFXV, AP, or that FF6 remake for iOS.

Super cool of Square to do, announce more F2P garbage, I am so bummed with the direction Square Soft has gone, they were once so great, and now look at them, so sad.

AGITΩ

What would you rather? A version on PS4 with improved graphics and framerate. Or possibly a version on PS3 barely keeping a stable FPS because of the visuals. A lot of people are ready to move on to PS4 already.

Are you telling me that the PS3 wasn't worth it in the long run?

A cross gen might please everyone, but focusing on just the PS4 version will give the game the best possible potential. As someone who enjoys games, I want the best possible game they can give me.

But at this point I'm just glad it's coming out.

P.S I'm actually buying a Wii U to play Bayonetta 2 among other great future Wii U games.

My PS3 is mainly a Netflix and Hulu box for the bedroom. The only games I've gotten on it are the AC series, (besides 3, got that on Wii U), Final Fantasy XIII-2, ToG, Ni No Kuni, Batman AC, and thats really it. I would prefer a Crossgen game as oppose to a Fully PS4 copy. Because If the price range is 400+ (and I bet it will be) It will be out of my affordable price range for several years.

inb42jobs

Top Bottom