• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Homecoming New Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You know what I mean. I don't like that Stark had a hand in an important evolution of the character. Stark is already such a huge presence in the mcu it's almost stifling.
Eh, I am over it. It actually makes more sense than the other films suit montages.

Raimi's were better.

Man, looking at a number of these again, the perspective is all over the place. Huh.

Like, outside of nostalgia, the only two that really hit are this one:

latest

And that Spider-Man 3 Chinese poster.

phanphare

Banned
You know what I mean. I don't like that Stark had a hand in an important evolution of the character. Stark is already such a huge presence in the mcu it's almost stifling.

you know, I kind of agree with this but I have an inkling that they're going to do some interesting things in regards to pete and tony's relationship so I'm gonna wait and see

in civil war it seemed pretty clear to me that when tony was getting pete on board he realized that his mind set was way more in line with cap than himself so I could see that being expanded on

Eh, I am over it. It actually makes more sense than the other films suit montages.

I don't get this. It makes more sense that some genius kid who can stick to walls can't make a costume for himself even though it's not realistic?

It's the milestone and diligence that matters, not the plausibility. Some folks really don't get what made Raimi Spider-Man's so good, do they?

phanphare

Banned
I don't get this. It makes more sense that some genius kid who can stick to walls can't make a costume for himself even though it's not realistic?

It's the milestone and diligence that matters, not the plausibility. Some folks really don't get what made Raimi Spider-Man's so good, do they?

he did make a costume for himself

stark just made him a more advanced one because he has access to a lot more shit

he was already spider man when stark found him

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

I am saying in the long run it isn't that big of a deal. Also, we have no idea if Parker didn't have a hand in designing the suit with Stark inbetween civil war scenes.

Stark could have just provided the means aka money.

Wait, why does Peter making his own suit make less sense? He makes his own webshooters and webbing he can make a suit!

edit: and yeah what Spatula said.
Being a tinkerer (haha) with electronics is waaayyyy different than tailoring.

- J - D -

you know, I kind of agree with this but I have an inkling that they're going to do some interesting things in regards to pete and tony's relationship so I'm gonna wait and see

in civil war it seemed pretty clear to me that when tony was getting pete on board he realized that his mind set was way more in line with cap than himself so I could see that being expanded on

One can only hope. It can pay dividends in the next Avengers movie(s).

phanphare

Banned
One can only hope. It can pay dividends in the next Avengers movie(s).

I think they could go the route of something like when you're young and you idolize someone and then you get to spend a bunch of time with them and you slowly realize they weren't who you built them up to be and you actually don't agree with them in many instances

Renpatsu

Pretty clear that they're steering clear of being overly​ dramatic with these initial posters. They'd rather highlight the everyday colour, and new MCU connection than charge headlong into dynamic hero poses over harsh gradients.

SFenton

HEY GUYS! Did you know Spider-Man can crossover with The Avengers!?!?!

Anyway, the posters are cool, but it feels like a marketing department really wanted the artists to accentuate the Avengers Tower

I mean, yeah. They're relying on the draw of MCU this time around.

It's why RDJ also gets a huge role in the movie, is in the trailers, is why he was in Civil War, etc.

Spinluck

Guys shut up about Deadpool. Seriously.

"Remember when GAF thought Spiderman was a ripoff of Deadpool?"

"When has GAF ever been right about anything?"

This is how false narratives start. Maybe you're joking now or whatever but its gonna turn into a narrative people will start spouting down the road. Just stop, its for your own good.

Hopefully the whole Deadpool thing doesn't stick.

I like Holland's Spidey a lot, and to do that is discrediting him.

They already said the tone is in line with a John Hughes film and that's the vibe I get with the yellow jacket poster.

Spinluck

Can anyone here come up with good reasons​ to exclude the Avengers tower?

If your job was to market this film internationally, and pique as much interest possible, what would you do with the promo material?

Hopefully Birdman is a good villain, really getting tired of Wilson Fisk being pretty much they only well developed bad guy in the MCU with some nuance and motivation.

Though let's be honest Keaton's just gonna show up then die at the end.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wouldn't it be cool if Spider-Man was in the MCU? God, it sucks that Sony has the rights to Spider-Man.

*MCU Spider-Man happening*

Wouldn't it be cool if there was no MCU in Spider-Man?

I so want to be hyped for this after Spiderman in Civil War

But I am not feeling anything from this movie

The fact that fucking Spiderman needs to be propped up by Tony Stark and the Avengers is the worrrrrrrrrrst

Mysterio when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom