• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike Chunsoft will release the physical PS5 version of Baldur's Gate 3 in Japan later this year | Western release is digital-only

Doom85

So will a Japanese disc put into a U.S. PS5 still download all the updates and patches no problem?

Granted, I’ve already got the digital version and would mainly get this because it’s a crime against humanity for a god -tier game like this to not to be in my PS5 physical collection, but I’m just curious.

So I wouldn't necessarily rush into getting the JP physical release yet. As I shared in another thread here on GAF, the Head of Publishing at Larian Studios is gauging interest to see if people in the West would also be interested in a physical release

This potential physical release in the West would be better for two reasons:
  • It is expected to have less censorship (or no censorship at all) compared to the CERO release.
  • The release will come on 2 discs instead of 1, eliminating the need for a mandatory download like the CERO SKU

Just wait it out, don't give into FOMO yet.

Top Bottom