• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spin the Bottle Wii U

69wpm

I do hope this game sells, and at that price I can't see why not. You can play this game with literally anyone, even your family.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
ONM review is online:
http://m.officialnintendomagazine.c.../reviews/spin-the-bottle-wii-u-review-review/
Going by the prevailing direction of internet howls, Spin The Bottle is doing everything wrong in its position as a Wii U release. It's not exploiting any great processing power, it uses motion control almost constantly and by god if it doesn't seal the hateful deal by being a party game to boot. Well, the internet can do one. This is great.
Nintendo keeps promising us new ways to play on Wii U and we can't help but feel KnapNok might have got there first. There's nothing else quite like this.

Jachaos

so this is coming out today right ? saw a couple of Let's Play videos. I guess they're not releasing at midnight though, more likely when the eShop front page updates ?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It was already yesterday on the EU eshop with the release date 08.08, so I guess it should be available now. I didn't try it before coming to work, but usually when a game has already a page in eshop with a release date it is available from midnight.

Jachaos

It was already yesterday on the EU eshop with the release date 08.08, so I guess it should be available now. I didn't try it before coming to work, but usually when a game has already a page in eshop with a release date it is available from midnight.

Last night it was just a video when I checked around 1-2am, now it's up though.

I could not help it had to click purchase

too curious
TadkV.gif

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
This looks like it actually could be fun with friends. What price is it going to be? I see the stuff about an increasing price, but not what that would actually be.

Jachaos

Played it, maximum 8 players but we were 3. Real fun still, and you just know it'll be greater when you have a larger group and it's all drunk and stuff. But even sober and three of us we all had a blast ! Some really innovative games in there. It's quirky, it's great. We ended up playing the Wii U all day ! This, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Nintendoland, Pikmin 3 Bingo Battle, Tank!Tank!Tank! with crazy pictures, Bomberman '93, Sonic All Star Racing, but this reminded me most of the quirkyness and pure fun of WarioWare multiplayer screaming. Even pressing the A+B buttons with me and the other guy's noses on the Wiimote wasn't that awkward, just funny, mostly for the girl laughing watching on, but even us, the Wiimote vibrates and makes this orange-in-a-blender sound, it's hilarious. Gotta try it drunk and with 6-8 people still, that'll be the best.

This looks like it actually could be fun with friends. What price is it going to be? I see the stuff about an increasing price, but not what that would actually be.

It's 8.99$

Is this appropriate to play with my daughter? I bought it blind but all the characters are blatantly phallic. There aren't any risque games, right?

zroid

Banned
I can understand making a Spin the Bottle game.

I can't understand making a Spin the Bottle game which is actually kind of decent. Why would anyone bother?

Jachaos

Is this appropriate to play with my daughter? I bought it blind but all the characters are blatantly phallic. There aren't any risque games, right?

You can change which ones you want in the rotation or not but from those I've played so far no, you should have fun with a bunch of them. Some could be quite impossible though (like holding two Wiimotes between your hands with only your open palms forcing against each end and sitting down and getting back up without the Wiimotes falling. With likely being way taller than your daughter that should be pretty tough)

I can understand making a Spin the Bottle game.

I can't understand making a Spin the Bottle game which is actually kind of decent. Why would anyone bother?

Probably took this name as a way for people to talk about the game, good or bad, kind of like to make it stand out from other party games, because if you made a decent one and it got lost on the eShop that'd be pretty sad, so now with such trailers and character designs and the name they chose, people talked about the game. Then after trying it, the talk is already there, it's just the opinion of what the game actually is that is to change. They kind of took a bet on either it'll keep it from selling or make it sell a lot by being publicity in itself, but hopefully it wouldn't have no-effect and people staying indifferent to it (ie no one talking about it and no one buying it).

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I wonder if this was going to be like chatroulette naked stuff.

Play keep us posted on how it is. Please....

P.S. Include some videos.

you are not asking for much lol

I live in an artist building with a gallery downstairs I bet I can get a whole crowd to play at the next art event but I'll see

I just wanted to buy a concept art thing $9 is not bad for a social group game

so far from what I tested the menus and animation and everything seems solid it really just depends on you and your friends really nothing different than a board game

any one buy this today?

I did, but I didn't get to play it.

-Buy game
-Five year old daughter wants to play
-Boot 'er up
-All the characters are penises and hugging a beer volcano
-"Ehhh.... I think it's time for bed..."

Though I hear that it's not that bad, so maybe after work.

Haines

Banned
I was hoping for more impression on this game before nabbing it, but it seems to have zero buzz on release....

Maybe I will just take a chance. Only 9 bucks...

Jachaos

I was hoping for more impression on this game before nabbing it, but it seems to have zero buzz on release....

Maybe I will just take a chance. Only 9 bucks...

All three of us who played when I got it loved it, and it'll be even better when we're closer to the max 8 players. Looking through the community on Miiverse, pretty much everyone who's got the ''Owns the game'' tag and posts have had great impressions and have recommended it.

Edit : I'll add that a couple of the games we tried were not that great, but that was like 2 out of the 11, and there's 17, and those 2 seem to have real potential when not sober and with a bigger bunch. It's just that in a smaller room and sober in the afternoon, jumping when a drumroll ended wasn't all that crazy since we were focused and synced, yet we still got trolled by that last drumroll and it was fun still, just not the caliber of the other games included. Anyway, I'm glad I got it, but it's definitely not the type of game you play with less than three players.

Haines

Banned
All three of us who played when I got it loved it, and it'll be even better when we're closer to the max 8 players. Looking through the community on Miiverse, pretty much everyone who's got the ''Owns the game'' tag and posts have had great impressions and have recommended it.

Edit : I'll add that a couple of the games we tried were not that great, but that was like 2 out of the 11, and there's 17, and those 2 seem to have real potential when not sober and with a bigger bunch. It's just that in a smaller room and sober in the afternoon, jumping when a drumroll ended wasn't all that crazy since we were focused and synced, yet we still got trolled by that last drumroll and it was fun still, just not the caliber of the other games included. Anyway, I'm glad I got it, but it's definitely not the type of game you play with less than three players.

Thanks for the impressions. I forgot to check miiverse!

I have a question. If get people to play, these would include siblings and friends with girlfriends, including my own fiance. Is there any games that would put people too close and make things uncomfortable for someone?

Jachaos

Thanks for the impressions. I forgot to check miiverse!

I have a question. If get people to play, these would include siblings and friends with girlfriends, including my own fiance. Is there any games that would put people too close and make things uncomfortable for someone?

The closest we've had so far I'd say are the one I already touched on, where the two face each other, hold a Wiimote behind each other's back and try to jump at the same time when the drumroll ends, so that puts people relatively close to each other, a little than a hug, so it's not really awkward, even did it with my sister's boyfriend, but it all depends on the people's comfort level I guess, we're pretty open so I guess it depends on the crowd you're with.

There's also one where you put a Wiimote standing between two players and both players try to keep a hold of A and B pressed down with their noses, so neither players' noses are touching but each player's face is close to each other's.

And finally, I guess one where each two get on their knees, get back-to-back facing opposite directions, and try to pass the Wiimote slowly in a full circle, so above the head, then the other grabs it, takes it between his legs and the other tries to grab it and takes it back to the starting point, without trying to ''wake the badger'', which is the Wiimote emitting a noise, by moving too abruptly.

Haven't tried them all but those could stick out to me, but they weren't nothing too bad for us, however if they are to you after trying them out, you can always go in Settings and take the games you don't want out of the rotation.

MrBS

GtPYadt.jpg

Well that was something.

Turn your TV off. Pick your favourite
penis
character and spin the bottle.

As advertised game is a fun party game which will only get better with more players. At $9 this is a steal.

Top Bottom