• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2: October 13 Splatfest - Vampires vs. Werewolves

kunonabi

vampires can also live forever, fly, regenerate, mind control people and all sorts of shit

meanwhile werewolves are uh, sort of strong?

Yeah, werewolves historically arent that hard to kill really.

That said, in some lore when a werewolf dies it turns into a vampire so they kind of win anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
not really, weak to stakes, garlic, holy water, sunlight, I think at one point they were weak to silver too
True, but how many times have you been exposed to stakes, holy water and silver daggers? I rarely eat garlic, and with a good internet connection and PC/consoles I could easily stay home during the day and only go out at night. Being a vampire doesn't sound hard at all.

Giga Man

DLd3otaWkAABpJL.jpg

WTF is that werewolf costume? LOL! You might as well dress as a pumpkin, kid. Lookin' like a strawberry dipped in pumpkin juice.

Madao

Which again, is actually apparently only a fraction of the classic lycanthropy.

I'm not even referring to Kars. Also Pillar Men eat vampires, so to compare them to their prey is disservice :p The one vampire that I'm referring to is Straizo - he even outright states how Dio wasted his time and he only died because he committed suicide.

to be fair, they needed an ability that was super effective against vampires to fight them. Dio would have ended the story if Hamon wasn't around since most of the usual vampire killing tools were useless against him.
that's better than most other vampires that actually die against normal humans that use a bit of strategy.

Werewolves are like shitty versions of the Hulk.

This isn't even a debate. People picking werewolves are forgetting they have absolutely no control over what they do once they turn into one.

Beartruck

This isn't even a debate. People picking werewolves are forgetting they have absolutely no control over what they do once they turn into one.
So? Put a steel cage in your basement, sleep in it once a month, you're golden. Vampire? Never go outside for literally half of all time.

Toxi

Banned

Depends on the werewolf (much like vampires dying to sunlight). There are plenty of versions of werewolves that do maintain some control.

People treating this as if both are a form of superpower is hella weird. I'm not sure which team I want to pick yet, but being a vampire seems like more of a curse to me. Fuck immortality.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
True, but how many times have you been exposed to stakes, holy water and silver daggers? I rarely eat garlic, and with a good internet connection and PC/consoles I could easily stay home during the day and only go out at night. Being a vampire doesn't sound hard at all.

christian vampires, also pencils

to be fair, they needed an ability that was super effective against vampires to fight them. Dio would have ended the story if Hamon wasn't around since most of the usual vampire killing tools were useless against him.
that's better than most other vampires that actually die against normal humans that use a bit of strategy.

in Jojo the vampires there are only weak to sunlight, since beheading (another traditional vampire killer) doesn't work there

Eh, kind of depends on what kind of vampire. You could be talking about undead cannon fodder with bad teeth or a nigh-invincible magic man. Pretty big range.

big_z

Werewolf would be the more managable choice. Once a month you transform have a crazy night and wake up with a hangover but no memory of what you did. Beyond that you live a normal life.

Vampire you have daily upkeep. Gotta feed and watch out for the sun, your dick doesn’t work anymore etc. Tom cruise didn’t like being a vampire and if it’s not good enough for the cruise missle it’s not good enough for me.

Top Bottom