• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnel

Neo Member
Even though there is no in game team chat, it never ceases to amaze me how important communication is. Every time I get paired up with a group that pings when there is danger or an enemy near them for us to hang up on, we always win handily. When I'm the only one communicating, we lose way more often

Toki767

I feel like I need an aiming reticle for the Octobrush. I have no clue what I'm swiping at most of the time or if it's hitting someone.

XaosWolf

Well I completed all Hero Mode stages with the Hero Brella and didn't unlock anything.
Sheldon said something about having to wait and him doing some research, but no indication of what I'm waiting for or why.

Have seen people in Turf War with the Hero Roller and such and right now it feels like it was a waste of time.
If it turns out it only unlocks only once Nintendo add a normal Brella weapon to the game I'm gonna be livid because what was the fucking point.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone mind filling me in on how the Amiibo unlocks work? I've got the first piece in a few sets, gained a few levels, and activated he Amiibo again -- nothing. Is it based on level?

Branduil

DFoRzp5UwAAo4M5.jpg:large

Garbage like this continuously just makes me want to rip out my cartridge and smash it to fucking pieces. Does this game even have matchmaking or is it deliberately putting me in fucking stomps because it hates me.

K' Dash

I have to tell you, it is disheartening losing match after match, between players disconnecting and useless people playing...

Today was not a good day.

Kudo

Is Hero mode worth the play through? Wondering if there is anything I can unlock and take online...

Yes, but they're not significantly better than anything you can buy from the stores.
What you're missing is tons of fun though, the single player campaign is so good.

XaosWolf

Is Hero mode worth the play through? Wondering if there is anything I can unlock and take online...

Nah. The unlocks are all reskined versions of things you get in the store

:^)

i did the same thing :[

Dabi, the Hero Mode is well worth a playthrough because its fun, but don't do it to unlock anything because it only seems to unlock weapon types you can already buy in the shop.

The Brella did NOT unlock for me or Camjo despite meeting the requirement. (Complete every level with that weapon)

Garbage like this continuously just makes me want to rip out my cartridge and smash it to fucking pieces. Does this game even have matchmaking or is it deliberately putting me in fucking stomps because it hates me.

It only matches me with eejits. And I know they're eejits because I'm ending up at the top of the team.

trixx

yikes you matched up with Japanese players? Filled with Pros
They drove me nuts in Splatoon 1

Also anyone know where to get the ninja costume?

Toki767

I have to tell you, it is disheartening losing match after match, between players disconnecting and useless people playing...

Today was not a good day.

The worst part is when you're 1 win away from going up a rank.

And then you lose the next however many matches in a row and lose your progression.

I'm absolutely loving Salmon Run. It's my favorite mode in the game (even more than the actual OG Turf War). It does seem like a crapshoot sometimes when it comes to who you get matched with, but I guess that's the case with regular matchmaking too. Sometimes our team will win all 3 rounds handily, and sometimes we get utterly demolished by some grills in the first round.

I'm stuck on "Overachiever" rank because every time we win a game or two, we horribly lose one and all that progress is reversed back. Does seem a bit punishing sometimes when it comes to the ranking system.

Other than that I'm having a blast with it. This is my first time playing anything Splatoon.

egruntz

shelaughz

My buddy just shared this with me. He prints/makes his own amiibo using plastic card stock with the same chips the actual amiibo figures use. Not too sure how he gets the data, but I'm told it's a very easy process. He said he'll make me a Splatoon set. Yay! ^_^_^_^

Can't be assed to pay $200+ just to own all the amiibo so I can get the in-game gear... Anyway, just wanted to share.

Back to the Splat.

Camjo-Z

The Brella did NOT unlock for me or Camjo despite meeting the requirement. (Complete every level with that weapon)

Maybe they're still balancing it for MP. At least the fact that the Brella already exists in the game in some form means it'll probably won't take too long to be released.

mstevens

Is it just me or are the single player campaign gimmicks way more annoying this time around.

edit: I dunno what feels different about it. I'm a huge fan of the first game's single player, but I'm not enjoying this as much.

Specific examples of things I don't like off the top of my head are the guys who run away and drop bombs and having to ride the cleaner machines around. The levels weren't hard or anything, just irritating somehow.

Branduil

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Starfish Mainstage I can never get anything but fucking blown out on that stupid fucking stage.

javadoze

I don't know what it is, but the Octobrush this time around is sooo good. It's making me start to question my Slosher-main status.

Also finished story mode. And yeah...
the final boss was pretty underwhelming compared to last game. You'd think they'd at least try to one-up themselves or play with expectations, but it really is as straightforward as it seems.

bumpkin

Yeah, I feel like I've been getting stuck in matches like that more and more. Are you playing in ranked or in the regular battles? I've only played in regular battles.

XaosWolf

Maybe they're still balancing it for MP. At least the fact that the Brella already exists in the game in some form means it'll probably won't take too long to be released.

If that the reasoning they're using then it shouldn't be put in as an unlockable in singleplayer that requires that amount of effort. Especially when the other Hero weapons are unlockable.

Its a carrot-on-a-stick that turns out to be a carrot-shaped I.O.U for 1 (One) Carrot to be delivered on Free Carrots for Everyone Day.

robot

I still cannot figure out how to jump to a teammate on respawn. Do I do it right after I die, before I appear on the spawn point? Is there another button I'm supposed to press?

I've been bringing up the map and using the directional buttons to choose someone - I see them highlight but then nothing happens.

I still cannot figure out how to jump to a teammate on respawn. Do I do it right after I die, before I appear on the spawn point? Is there another button I'm supposed to press?

I've been bringing up the map and using the directional buttons to choose someone - I see them highlight but then nothing happens.

You can jump at any time. Press x I believe. Or was it y. One of those.
And then press A. Lol

Shauni

Is that a Turf War match? The hell?

Ilonis

Neo Member

No matter where you jump from, you must be alive and fully spawned.

Branduil

That fucking does it. From now on I'm just instantly ragequitting any time the game puts me in Starfish Mainstage. There's literally no point in playing when it's just going to be a one-sided stomp no matter what.

Branduil

Please don't

The team I'm on is guaranteed to lose by ludicrous margins regardless so it's not like it makes a difference either way.

Is there any way to check individual stage stats because I would bet money that my winning percentage on that demonic stage is less than 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom