• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Chargers are always an easy kill. They are totally vulnerable most of the time.
lmao it's the early days of Splatoon all over again, like, you do realize this is in fact the second game in the series right? We already know that chargers are in fact good and have known for years, and no you don't have to be a pro to be good at them.

lmao it's the early days of Splatoon all over again, like, you do realize this is in fact the second game in the series right? We already know that chargers are in fact good and have known for years, and no you don't have to be a pro to be good at them.

I'm surprised we don't have people saying Rollers are overpowered.

Biske

A sniper doesn't even make any sense for this type of game. Kills are a minor inconvenience. Someone sitting on top of a box waiting for someone to get close enough to shoot at isn't contributing to the actual goal of the match at all. And if they are it's easier than any other weapon for others to just clean up their work.

It's not like the range on the sniper is even good. It's like maybe 1.5x whatever the other auto fire guns have. So by the time you can get one shot off, they are in your face or throw a bomb at you or something. And then you can't run because they shot their ink all over your area.

The map design doesn't help either because players can essentially disappear at any time, plus the maps have tons of cover and flanking routes so sniping isn't necessary or advantageous whatsoever.

Snipers need some other kind of advantage. Reduce the charge time and make them longer range.

Hahaha clearly you've never played the great chargers. The greats can dominate the whole game and go toe to toe with anyone, so much so that you can think "these chargers need a god damn nerf"

The best snipers are taking you out with one quick look snap shot when you were sure they weren't even aware of you.

What does a charger do when a mg user approaches them at close range besides run?

What does a mg user do when they see a charger at range?
Ignore it, because it's literally doing nothing for it's team?
Run away?
Shoot some ink and get closer because they cannot defend thsmelves and they can be crushed like a paper up by the rest of the weapons in the game?

Dipship31

giphy.gif

Anteo

What does a charger do when a mg user approaches them at close range besides run?

Run away?
Shoot some ink and get closer because they cannot defend thsmelves and they can be crushed like a paper up by the rest of the weapons in the game?

Well if you see a sniper defending a splatzone or the payload and you dont aproach you are gonna lose

Run away?

This is getting embarrassing. Do you think all the users who have told you that Chargers can be great weapons are just lying to you?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
So, how do I unlock higher star gear? I'm assuming 1 star is 2 perks, 2 star is 3 perks and 3 star is 4. I've unlocked all the perks on my gear but the shop only sells side grade gear with the same amount of perks. Also, for the monthly reward for Salmon run, do I just have the rest of July to obtain it, and how exactly do you get it? It doesn't seem to be explained
On the Nintendo app store, gears are better from what I've seen so far.

Confused by the item progression system. Am I supposed to be always buying new stuff, unlocking abilities, and then paying 20k to turn them into shards? That seems like such an expensive and slow process, surely I'm missing something.

Run away?
Nothing I say will change your opinion as you're clearly the type of person who refuses to think they're wrong even when much more knowledgeable people tell them they are, however, for a sniper sub weapons play a big part in their close range defense, use the sub to get some distance between you then start taking shots, not necessarily fully charged shots as that can take a bit. not to mention the fact that it should be rather rare for a sniper to have anyone be too close in the first place. And sure in turf war it's harder to be effective with them, however in the various ranked modes they're arguably the most important weapon type.

Catvoca

Banned
Looking forward to the "Is the charger OP?/ The Charger Needs a Nerf!" posts after people play against good players lmao. It's so frustrating getting dominated by them.

bonesquad

I'm so terrible at this game. I was up to Go Getter, but now I'm all the way back down to Apprentice:( It's kind of embarrassing. In my defense I usually finish 2nd or 3rd on the team, which isn't awful, but I secretly fear my teammates smell the loser on me. Even over the stench of fish guts.

Biske

Nothing I say will change your opinion as you're clearly the type of person who refuses to think they're wrong even when much more knowledgeable people tell them they are, however, for a sniper sub weapons play a big part in their close range defense, use the sub to get some distance between you then start taking shots, not necessarily fully charged shots as that can take a bit. not to mention the fact that it should be rather rare for a sniper to have anyone be too close in the first place. And sure in turf war it's harder to be effective with them, however in the various ranked modes they're arguably the most important weapon type.

This. Hell a lot of the chargers best kills come from the sub weapons.

I'm so terrible at this game. I was up to Go Getter, but now I'm all the way back down to Apprentice:( It's kind of embarrassing. In my defense I usually finish 2nd or 3rd on the team, which isn't awful, but I secretly fear my teammates smell the loser on me. Even over the stench of fish guts.

Honestly, who cares what people think? The game's been out a day and we're all still learning.

13ruce

Banned
So I genuinely just came in this thread to lament the lack of Inkbrush and my grind to the octo equivalent taking too long...

AND HOLY FUCK YEEEEEESSSSS!

Tommorow already? Damn that's fast.
Fantastic that new content updates are so fast.
I really want that umbrella shotgun tho:p

These sweet summer children simply don't know the pain of trying to deal with an e-liter with an N-Zap.

Is the Nintendo gun back!? That's my fav.

Just played against a player solely swimming and jump swinging with the inkroller. By far the most infuriating and moronic match I've had.

I was wondering when I'd come up against the inevitable cheeze...looks like it's here now. The worst part of online games for sure.

They mean local multi in a single switch

I think he's referring to the mode from Splatoon 1 (which was pretty much worthless)

Probably referring to the lack of splitscreen multiplayer / local multiplayer modes that only need one Switch.

I suppose a 2 player local mode would have been okay but like

The Switch-to-Switch local multi pretty much wolves this problem completely.

Shauni

Just played against a player solely swimming and jump swinging with the inkroller. By far the most infuriating and moronic match I've had.

I was wondering when I'd come up against the inevitable cheeze...looks like it's here now. The worst part of online games for sure.

Rollers are the weapon that most people hate and think is super OP at first, but the more you play the more you realize they are kind of just garbage

Well most of my problem is the inability to pause- that's a bit easier in online co-op games (like Diablo) where you can just say "AFK" and usually people will respect that. I guess it's timed matches which I don't like rather than general competitive multiplayer.

Well I'm more wondering if it will make a big difference whether I get into it now versus 1-2 (or more) months from now. It's a Nintendo game so I don't expect the price to change but it's more splitting my time between this and BotW and all the indie games I have in my backlog. And I know if I wait to get Splatoon 2 I'll be getting a lot more content due to the free DLC.

But if the matchmaking is good enough so that it'll always be able to put you with like-ranked players I guess it absolutely doesn't matter when I get it.

EDIT: Bought it cause why the hell not.

Wait, pausing is an issue? They're 3min matches, how often do you need to pause in the middle of that?

bonesquad

Honestly, who cares what people think? The game's been out a day and we're all still learning.

But I want to be like the cool kids! :)

On the plus side I won again on Apprentice! Maybe it was the luck of the draw, but none of those hard as shit events occurred (maybe they don't on apprentice?). I died once trying to kill one of those damn Steelhead's, but we had over double the needed gold eggs. No events makes a big difference...

Rollers are the weapon that most people hate and think is super OP at first, but the more you play the more you realize they are kind of just garbage

A good roller player can be a problem, but since it's such an easy weapon to use early on, lots of new players gravitate towards it, leading to plenty of free kills.

Wamb0wneD

Can someone tell me what beating bosses with different weapons does? I did the zone 2 guy with all 4 and nothing happened. something is stil black on the elft of the weapons list but i cant tell what it is.

Then throw projectiles at them, roll dodge, etc. There's plenty of ways to get killed by that, you just have to get used to the moves and the game more it sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom