• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

For a new page: Can someone tell me what beating bosses with different weapons does? I did the zone 2 guy with all 4 and nothing happened. something is stil black on the elft of the weapons list but i cant tell what it is.

J@hranimo

Banned
Got to B+ rank in solo ranked mode :)

I do wonder how the life of this game will be going forward with ping based matchmaking, especially for Westerners like me.

JJShadow

That feeling when you lost by just 0.1%

200w.gif

Koren

Rollers are the weapon that most people hate and think is super OP at first, but the more you play the more you realize they are kind of just garbage
They're definitively not OP, but I like playing with those.

Swimming and jumping is the only way to battle someone when you're using a roller, so I can't see how it's cheesing... Rollers are at a disadvantage in a 1 vs 1.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I played for 10 hours yesterday and have 3 in today so far. I am so hooked. I'm scared to look at how many hours I put into the first one on WiiU.

Marcus

What does a charger do when a mg user approaches them at close range besides run?

What does a mg user do when they see a charger at range?
Ignore it, because it's literally doing nothing for it's team?
Run away?
Shoot some ink and get closer because they cannot defend thsmelves and they can be crushed like a paper up by the rest of the weapons in the game?

sounds like you haven't played any ranked modes, turf war isn't the greatest for chargers. here is what a good sniper looks like in ranked in splatoon 1.

Sushigod7

I am really loving this game its a nice upgrade from 1. Playing with the pro controller is getting better now that I'm getting used to it although I keep looking down at the end of every match to see how much ink we laid down. lol

I feel like I would be better at salmon run if I didn't have to use a goddamn blaster.

I love that Salmon Run forces you to use weapons you're not accustomed to. It's basically an extended tutorial in that way (beyond Hero Mode).

All in all, this game is better than Splatoon 1 in every way except for one thing that I hope is rectified soon: Saltspray Rig. The greatest Splatoon map ever.

Shahadan

I love that Salmon Run forces you to use weapons you're not accustomed to. It's basically an extended tutorial in that way (beyond Hero Mode).

All in all, this game is better than Splatoon 1 in every way except for one thing that I hope is rectified soon: Saltspray Rig. The greatest Splatoon map ever.

That was my favorite map, I miss it ;(

Biske

This game really fucking really fucking really, needs a solution for when team members get disconnected. 3 people in a mode designed to crush 4, doesn't fucking work.

Loving this game even more than the first one and I played the shit out of that since the start. It does piss me off the lack of local multiplayer without having multiple Switch's in the house, com'on Nintendo you're better than that.

Got to lvl 10 yesterday in turf war, then messed around with ranked abit, started checking out Octo Valley has anyone got any tickets for food yet? and how do you even get them?

Also what do Super Sea Snails do in this game and where do you get those, is that just a Splatfest thing?

phanphare

Banned
This game really fucking really fucking really, needs a solution for when team members get disconnected. 3 people in a mode designed to crush 4, doesn't fucking work.

yeah the fact that you can back out to the home menu during a match and close the software is kind of fucked

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's crazy they didn't buff Blaster's painting ability between Splatoon 1 and 2

its so bad, I can go on a fragfest with it but it dont mean shit in turf war where as an aerospray can do both

Is it strange that I am utterly terrible at this game but really enjoy it? I can't wrap my head around the fucking gyro controls for some reason, I might have to turn it off.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose a 2 player local mode would have been okay but like

The Switch-to-Switch local multi pretty much wolves this problem completely.

Not if your Switch is a family device. I enjoy the game, but when you compare it to Mario Kart's provisions, the local multiplayer is deeply disappointing.

Koren

I indeed miss Saltspray Rig. Flounder Heights too, I enjoyed it in ranked.

Though I think the U Pad was better than Switch controls, including pad pro (not only taking into account minigames, that I miss too).

13ruce

Banned
The new Salmon Run map this day is amazing love the weapon choices even the blaster lol. I think i even prefer this mode above turf war it's just so good.

Koren

Is it strange that I am utterly terrible at this game but really enjoy it?
I don't think so... I don't know whether I'm terrible, but I'm not that good, and I love the game.

I can't wrap my head around the fucking gyro controls for some reason, I might have to turn it off.
Portable mode or pad pro? In any case, give it some time, and play single player. Although I wish you could adjust vertical direction using stick instead of gyro+Y, I thing they're really good, but it take some times. Especially if you're accustomed to dual analog...

J@hranimo

Banned
Splatnet records the number of disconnects on the stats page, so maybe Nintendo will do something with that metric in the future?

I hope so. The Splatoon dev team is pretty receptive on what the community wants so I wouldn't be surprised if some countermeasure was implemented later.

daxy

Splatnet records the number of disconnects on the stats page, so maybe Nintendo will do something with that metric in the future?

You can also report people for inactivity through the Nintendo Online app if you go to your match history. The vast majority of my losses has one person sitting on 0 points, just idling/quitting out. I've been going through my matches and reporting those people because it's gotten pretty ridiculous. Every other game it's the same shit.

I don't think so... I don't know whether I'm terrible, but I'm not that good, and I love the game.

Portable mode or pad pro? In any case, give it some time, and play single player. Although I wish you could adjust vertical direction using stick instead of gyro+Y, I thing they're really good, but it take some times. Especially if you're accustomed to dual analog...
Oh shit now that you mention it, not being able to adjust the y axis with using the gyro controls for fine aiming might be the reason I can't wrap my head around it.

OCD Guy

My highest game yet. This is my first Splatoon game as well.

DFWzBMHVoAA9JhH.jpg:small

That good old MG lol.

That with the curling-bomb launcher special is seriously dangerous.

I was shit (and still am) with the other weapons, but I finish top in most gamers with the MG.

It ain't gonna take long for people online to call anyone using that loadout a "noob". They're just bitter though lol

Wollan

So I don't quite understand... is Splatnet 2 a separate app from Nintendo Switch Online app?
I see the add inside the latter but it doesn't have any interactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom