• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ruce

Banned
Is this game fun enough if I play by myself offline in SP?

If you can play online and do Salmon Run too yes. If not no. Salmon Run is a coop player vs enemy mode a very good one at that. So if you dislike player vs player modes then theres also that mode to play.

13ruce

Banned
Peeps i have a question what sensivity for motion controls is the best? Normally in shooters i put that option to the very max due to joystick controlls but what about motion controls? I currently have em at 0.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Salmon Run is WAY more interesting than I thought it would be.

Peeps i have a question what sensivity for motion controls is the best? Normally in shooters i put that option to the very max due to joystick controlls but what about motion controls? I currently have em at 0.
I need motion to be super sensitive to minimize the amout of movement I make. I have it on 4 or 5.

Crash331

It seems like about 60% of my matches end with one player on my team with 0 points. I assume this means they quit? We need a heavier ban hammer.

Crash331

It's entertaining reading people new to Splatoon in this thread, still coming to grips with motion controls being the best option.

You'll come around eventually

Maybe when docked. It's terrible in handheld mode because not only are you moving your viewing screen, but there doesn't seem to be a way to reorient. If you sit in a recliner or try to play in bed, lol, good luck.

Biske

On the handheld they are a real pain since you have to keep tilting and moving your head to follow the action on screen.

All I know is as a non motion control player all I get is wins.

Each to his own. But I don't know how much ya'll are moving things. I don't have any problems motion in handheld....

It seems like about 60% of my matches end with one player on my team with 0 points. I assume this means they quit? We need a heavier ban hammer.

Or got disconnected through no fault of there own.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Would I have any problems or missing out on stuff like rewards or later downloads/bonuses if I buy this in the South African eshop instead of my default German one?

RagnarokX

DFXPo_-VYAA0iC4.jpg

Back up to Profreshional. Playing with randoms.

It's really lame that if you play with people who are lower rank than you you can lose rank but you can't gain. Your rank should just be frozen.

Crash331

Each to his own. But I don't know how much ya'll are moving things. I don't have any problems motion in handheld....

Or got disconnected through no fault of there own.
Once or twice? Ok. But if multiple times then you need to sort out your shit without making the game terrible for the rest of us.

OCD Guy

Would I have any problems or missing out on stuff like rewards or later downloads/bonuses if I buy this in the South African eshop instead of my default German one?

No it's the EU version, no difference at all.

I've bought all my games this way. It's actually better than buying from the US in that respect, as you're technically buying a different region game, even though the switch is region free.

There's no negatives to doing it as you're getting it cheaper, and you're left with an EU version, same as you would if you bought from your countries own eShop.

Koren

It seems like it takes a long time to level up. Especially just to get to 4. Hopefully that doesn't turn people off
Wait till you try to go from 49 to 50... Though you level-up a bit faster in ranked if you win (slower if you lose).

Also, remember that you get a boost if you're doing good (+3000 if you reach 5, +4500 if you reach 10, etc. I guess that like Splatoon 1, you can get this bonus daily)

I believe that a win is +1 and a loss is -0.5, -1 or -1.5 if you're below 5 / between 5 and 10 / over 10, but take this with salt, I haven't checked.

Wait, if you unlock the hero weapons for multiplayer by beating every level with them does that mean the umbrella weapon can already be used online if you beat every level in the single player with the hero version? or does it just say that you'll get the weapon later?

RagnarokX

Do I have to do all the training before salmon run? And how much is there?

Not enough. There are some events that are too complex for players to figure out on the fly. I'm playing randoms and every time the Goldie Seeking event comes up my teams time out cuz nobody else read the job manual.

Monumma

Wait, if you unlock the hero weapons for multiplayer by beating every level with them does that mean the umbrella weapon can already be used online if you beat every level in the single player with the hero version? or does it just say that you'll get the weapon later?

If i remember correctly someone from gamexplain tried to beat every level with the brella and nothing happened.

Crash331

That's not true at all.

Ok, maybe I need to go back and try, then. The first night I tried playing in bed and I had to sit up. I hope I'm wrong, then i can use motion controls.

edit: I guess i was wrong. It's still a little awkward tilting the screen you are viewing, but I will give it a go.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No it's the EU version, no difference at all.

I've bought all my games this way. It's actually better than buying from the US in that respect, as you're technically buying a different region game, even though the switch is region free.

There's no negatives to doing it as you're getting it cheaper, and you're left with an EU version, same as you would if you bought from your countries own eShop.

Thank you! Would I have to set up a throwaway account (but still use it/own it on my main one) or can I somehow log into other countries' stores with my main account?

Crash331

Are you holding the switch upside down? I heard ppl complaining about that.

Yes, the first night I was laying down with the switch held above my head. Maybe that's why I thought it didn't work? It works in a recliner now so gonna check it out in some games later.

octopiggy

Know what I miss? Using a special right at the end of the match and then watching it splat on to the map after the match has ended.

Milennia

I play at 1.5 stick and 3 motion it will vary for everyone though for sure

My settings are pretty dead set for me though

Jelle

Thanks. I just took the leap and ordered my copy :)
Got it today and I'm having an absolute blast! This game is genuinely fun to play. Lots of cool little details, nice music and well, good controls even.

I struggled with the gyro controls in handheld mode though, especially the lack of horizontal adjustment controls using the stick, so I'm playing without motion controls now. They should get a patch that includes this, just like BotW's aiming controls.

Omfg.

Tower Control.
The other team only had 3 people.
My team flies off into another galaxy.
The 3 man team takes the Tower all the way to the end without any resistance.

It's physically painful playing with some of these people. 😵

RagnarokX

Man, Salmon Run is such a pain in the ass the higher you because no one can aim grenades. I am, no shit, in awe.

People need to learn to HOLD R and aim the shot. It's really easy to lob one in.

That said, I've had some sick ass long distance blind shots I wish I had video of :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom