• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder if my teammates know where the ink button is on the controller...

Love this game. Haven't really dabbled in Salmon Run yet since it's a different leveling category. Just trying to reach level 10 for now.

21x2

Just completed the single player. While maybe a bit familiar to the first one, the last half really knocks it out of the park. Final boss is
a bit too familiar to the first for my liking, so even though it's amazingly well designed it doesn't manage the same face melting awe as it's predecessor.

The last world legit could compare to the best of Mario. I wish we get story expansions this time around, I honestly think that if Splatoon and this had a focus on the single player (with more content as well as the marketing profile) they would be considered two of the best platformers ever made.

TheJoRu

Only played up to level 7 in Hero Mode so far, but it's great. Very easy, but cool. Level 5 was superb, the kind of movement you can pull off in this game is phenomenal.

Kalor

The world 4 boss is the most trouble I've had with one so far. I'm curious to see how that fight goes with different weapons.

Nameless

Motion Controls are far superior.

Ehh. I've been using analog on a Pro controller and have gotten tops on my team 14 out of the last 15 matches. Not saying I'm kingshit or anything, just it's not exactly motion or bust like some make it seem. You can still be competitive with them off.

Jims

Oh gawd, the Splattershot Pro is a monster in this early going... Everyone is still playing Splattershots and Aerosprays and Dualies. Love this thing on Sturgeon Shipyard and Starfish Mainstage.

The lingering Point Sensors are nice.

Ehh. I've been using analog on a Pro controller and have gotten tops on my team 14 out of the last 15 matches. Not saying I'm kingshit or anything, just it's not exactly motion or bust like some make it seem. You can still be competitive with them off.

I turned them off right after the tutorial. Not sure why I need more motion than just pushing an analog up or down.

Oh gawd, the Splattershot Pro is a monster in this early going... Everyone is still playing Splattershots and Aerosprays and Dualies. Love this thing on Sturgeon Shipyard and Starfish Mainstage.

The lingering Point Sensors are nice.

What do the point sensors actually do? I couldn't work it out!

DNAbro

Download Switch online app, click Splatoon 2 on it, look at the online store, order an expensive item cause it has 3 ability slots, then pick up and pay for it at Murch's.

Splatoon n00b here...

How do I unlock more abilities on gear? I have two abilities and two open slots...

low level gear can't unlock more slots unless you have a special item that is given out to splatfests winners.

Biske

Totally, but once you master motion the controls are a non issue, to the point where I forget I'm even using a controller. It's just so natural and effortless.

lt519

Damn this game is fun, just unlocked splattershot and I'm coming in first quite often in my lobby, I lay a lot of paint down and still get 6-7 splats a match.

Jims

What do the point sensors actually do? I couldn't work it out!

It marks a person you hit with them so you can temporarily see where they're swimming in the ink. They have a lingering effect now where the Point Sensor lands will hang around for a couple seconds where you threw it, in case someone swims into it.

I recommend trying 'em out for newer players. They're good for practicing aiming at moving targets.

nubbe

Pro Tip
In Salmon run, be the squid that focus on killing all the adds
Because everyone else will just run for the bosses and DIE

RagnarokX

On the one hand, higher ranks have tougher waves, but on the other hand your teams are more likely to know what they're doing and play smarter.

DFXcXbtUIAA8b--.jpg

Download Switch online app, click Splatoon 2 on it, look at the online store, order an expensive item cause it has 3 ability slots, then pick up and pay for it at Murch's.

low level gear can't unlock more slots unless you have a special item that is given out to splatfests winners.

Thanks! Found it.

Fletcher

Switch question. Can I buy a second set of joycons and have them synched with my system and use them while the system is docked with a set of joycons attached to it? I don't like taking the joycons on/off the system itself.

Switch question. Can I buy a second set of joycons and have them synched with my system and use them while the system is docked with a set of joycons attached to it? I don't like taking the joycons on/off the system itself.

Yup. I've got a 2nd set and pro controller for TV play. I never remove the pair docked unless to charge the 2nd set

Metalmarc

Has anyone actually tried any less than 8 people Local Play mode thats not Salmon Run?

What happens when only 2 of you connect locally?, whats the game like? Not what you think happens but I'd like to know someone who has tried what actually happens? Is it just the 2 of you running around vs each other on the maps? Or do the modes not work other than Salmon run? I heard most do apart from leagues.

This Game and a Switch is still on my wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom