• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
I forgot how much I enjoyed Splatoon, I'm so glad I decided to pick this up. I haven't really followed development at all so Salmon Run was a pleasant surprise. I usually don't like horde modes, but unlike others I've played the matches here are super quick so I don't feel a lot of pressure.

I am a bit worried about the difficulty ramp up after ranking up a couple times though. You don't lose rank do you? Eventually I wonder if I'll hit a difficulty where the team is always losing, but I'm stuck there.

Just opened my Amazon box to find out they sent me two copies of Splatoon 2. Best part is I used Amex points for the order, so it almost feels like 2 free copies!

Time to play!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Love salmon run. Really gives ageing gamers with kids like me a chance to play multi with a fellow old dude and not have a shit time.

Bleh. I just played literally 8 games where I was first. Lost every single one of them. Instead of them balancing it, they kept me with the worst players. Every single time. The best people on the other team never split. When they finally did, they put me on their team...so it was all the best people and we, of course, destroyed them (that was the 9th game). What happened to balance?

mohuerta

Played some salmon run today with my brother and nephew and another guy. Was intense!
DFXqbF4U0AAtd4n.jpg:large

Jintor

Bleh. I just played literally 8 games where I was first. Lost every single one of them. Instead of them balancing it, they kept me with the worst players. Every single time. The best people on the other team never split. When they finally did, they put me on their team...so it was all the best people and we, of course, destroyed them (that was the 9th game). What happened to balance?

Uhhhhh... It sounds like they balanced you with deadweight to stop you being op

3 turf wars in a row with 1200+ points and a loss is tough to swallow.

Luckily, salmon run is the perfect break.

It sucks losing when I played a good game, but I look at it this way. If I'm #1 in the match (not counting the 1000 point bonus the winning team gets) that's a "win" for me.

...or at least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better.

XaosWolf

Got to 200% on Salmon Run. Close call right at the end and I just ran away when the countdown started.

Some tips for would-be Salmon Runners;
- Don't run off on your own to save someone, fight a boss or collect an egg.
- Shoot some salmonids on the way back to the net.
- For FUCK'S SAKE don't ride up the elevators and leave your egg-carrying teammates behind..

Kangi

I'm not two steps away from spawn and you're super jumping to me.

I'm in a hail of inkfire and you're super jumping to me.

Stop.

W1SSY

I keep getting network drops. Was fine last night but acting up today. Don't know if it's something on my end or theirs.

Semajer

Got to 200% on Salmon Run. Close call right at the end and I just ran away when the countdown started.

- For FUCK'S SAKE don't ride up the elevators and leave your egg-carrying teammates behind..

Yes you should. It gives them an opportunity to ink the wall so that escape is quicker in the future.

SpokkX

Holy shit this game is AMAZING. Loving all modes really and there seems to be lots of content here unlike s1 at releas

Played the first on wiiu on release but never really tried the online mode (really enjoyed the singleplayer but it felt a bit short on content)

lt519

Thanks! Hit 10 recently, wasn't sure if there were bonuses other than XP. Is it always +1 for a win and -.5 for a loss?

Kangi

Seriously. This has happened to me all day today.

It's always a particular person who just doesn't learn. They wind up with 0 kills and ~300p because all they do is suicide super jump... and every super jump is a suicide because *we're playing 3v4*.

Last team it was actually TWO people doing that.

Shauni

What if you're just that badass?

But I will add another to your list: Learn. To. Turn. A. Goddamn. Grenade.

It's always a particular person who just doesn't learn. They wind up with 0 kills and ~300p because all they do is suicide super jump... and every super jump is a suicide because *we're playing 3v4*.

Yeah, people definitely need to learn when to super jump. There are many, many instances where it's simply a bad idea to do so.

Sanic

I'm still a little unclear on how some aspects of the online works as far as playing with friends. With two other people (so 3 total), can we group up and play both Turf War and Salmon Run online with randoms?

lt519

Really really enjoying this, just had another 10 splat round with a point where I took their whole team out in a span of 10 seconds to get us a huge advantage in the middle.

The panic smash super is fantastic for newbies like myself.

13ruce

Banned
Just replayed the Final Boss with my TV's volume extreme loud the music made me quite tear up a bit during it all honestly imo that boss is done perfectly. Already done it with all weapons too now. This and the one from Splatoon 1 derserve a high spot for most well done bosses ever 2's is more spectacle based but damn it's done so well.

That whole sequence made me decide to just go through with the Splatoon (final boss spoilers sort off in this context that's why i spoiler tag it)
Squid Sisters....
Tattoo.

Damn man this game and series/franchise FANTASTIC. Why the fuck did i ever think it was kiddie shit before i got Splatoon 1 finally this year i feel ashamed for that dumb AF judgement.

I'm sure many of them are literal children so in that context, there's not much I can expect.

daxy

I tried but I just can't get used to the motion controls in this :( Really wish they'd have the option for it to play like BotW.

Where do I pick up stuff that I ordered on the app? Be incredibly specific. Someone online says "by Murch near the tower" but I can't find him. I need like exact coordinates.

Edit: found it. He's outside on the right sitting on bench next to briefcase.

Strider

Anyone tried league battles yet?

I haven't but I unlocked it and want to...

I'm kinda thinking the amount of people playing it right now would still be super low tho. MM might not be very good yet in that Playlist. Either way I wanna try it either tonight or tomorrow

arimanius

Having to play rank to unlock league play is the dumbest shit. Why do I need to play with randoms who don't even know the objectives before team rank?

oti

Banned
Trying to play more with the Pro Controller and I'm rubbish after using handheld only for like 30h.

It's like I have to re-learn the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom