• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Mediking

Nerf the freaking Tri-Slosher!!!! I shouldn't be getting hit and killed when I'm so far away! Stop that overpowered range!

ChrisD

Nerf the freaking Tri-Slosher!!!! I shouldn't be getting hit and killed when I'm so far away! Stop that overpowered range!

I still hate dealing with Tris, especially on certain stages. But even the basic Splattershot seems to outrange them, especially if back-pedaling.

I also have some Sub Power Up (Bomb Range Up for most Subs) to give my Burst Bombs some nice range, letting me keep Tris at bay.

The thing you're probably really hating is Ink Armor, not the Tri itself.

Mediking

I still hate dealing with Tris, especially on certain stages. But even the basic Splattershot seems to outrange them, especially if back-pedaling.

I also have some Sub Power Up (Bomb Range Up for most Subs) to give my Burst Bombs some nice range, letting me keep Tris at bay.

The thing you're probably really hating is Ink Armor, not the Tri itself.

I was standing so far away from a Tri Slosher main... like I was in a different STATE and I still got hit. Lol

ChrisD

I was standing so far away from a Tri Slosher main... like I was in a different STATE and I still got hit. Lol

That, my friend, is Splatoon 2's amazing online components and poor tickrate. Also, people playing on Wi-Fi throwing bigger wrenches into things. It's not wrong to play wireless, I enjoy handheld squib every once in a while. But... Yeah. Splatoon 2, for as great a game as it is, has many issues. From gameplay balance right down to the online component itself.

...gosh I don't want to pay for what we have now.

Mediking

That, my friend, is Splatoon 2's amazing online components and poor tickrate. Also, people playing on Wi-Fi throwing bigger wrenches into things. It's not wrong to play wireless, I enjoy handheld squib every once in a while. But... Yeah. Splatoon 2, for as great a game as it is, has many issues. From gameplay balance right down to the online component itself.

Lmao

But how can you say no to Pokemon Switch and Smash Switch????

For some reason I've been doing absolutely horrible in Tower Control the past few days. No matter how many kills and ink I lay down, I constantly get the "They took the tower" popping up.

It's okay to fall back a bit if you lose that initial exchange. I'm painting the stage behind you so you can run and slow them from chasing you. Just please, stop pretending you're Rambo spraying bullets into the air and expecting each one to hit a vital.

I only managed to get back into S by going Jr. and spamming Ink Armor like crazy. Talking 7-9 times a game (guess what I've been putting my chunks toward). At least I'm S+ for Zones and Rainmaker.

The one, the ONLY silver lining I can imagine to paying for online is that the fee will weed out some of the kids that don't bother to improve their connection such as using a Lan, portforwarding, DMZing, and so on.

Estoc

Bubble blower, you say?

latest

I only keep the tri-slosher for ranked, which is very effective overall, but I still don't really feel comfortable with it.

I pretty much stick to my N-Zap for everything else.

Also I welcome the new maps - the boat map looks great while I'm both excited & scared for that Salmon Run map.

random25

No need to nerf the ink armor man. They are pretty fine as is.

I think what the tri-slosher needs is damage nerf. Damage should diminish with distance.

HeroR

I still say the Tri-Slosher's range just needs to be reduced so it doesn't out range a Gal and it would be far more balance.

watershed

Banned
Is it really so hard to out-range a slosher? I've seen the squelchers be very effective against them along with 1 of the longer range blasters.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hey guys I just randomly woke up anything new hap-

Double post but three new updates announced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQMfvJaXTI

-New stage Manta Maria to be released on the 26th.
-Bubble Blower special along with Forge Splattershot Pro coming September 2nd.
-New Salmon Run stage, Lost Outpost. coming on the 23rd update.

Nice! New maps for everything! Any updates on the balance pat-

THEY POST THE PATCH NOTE AND THEY DID NOT NERF THE TRI SLOSHER AND INK ARMOR WE NEED TO WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER. WHY

https://support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34680

.....Oh.

edit: Hmm, they didn't change that many things people asked. Uh oh.

Branduil

I can already tell the new Salmon Run map is gonna be a noob killer. Actually it will probably kill everyone in general, with all those walls and grates.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wait... Why do people want the ink armour nerfed? It's fine the way it is. Same goes for the tri-slosher.

When you shoot it off, there are some invincibility frames that can last a bit longer depending on latency during the match or not. Remove that, and it'll a lot more reasonable since really good teams can have 2 or more of these players just farming ink armor all day.

Wiseblade

Ink Armor is fine, but the Tri-Slosher is toxic and needs a nerf.

More and more I find myself wishing the Echolocator special came back. The current special selection feels too shallow and I don't see the Bubble blower changing that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ink Armour is individually fine. What makes it a problem is when it gets chained in sequence - it's better in the presence of itself and doesn't have diminishing returns (whereas, say, 4 Bubblers is not 4 times as good as 1 Bubbler).

I think either the power or the duration of Ink Armour should inversely scale with the number of players on a team who have Ink Armour - something like that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really so hard to out-range a slosher? I've seen the squelchers be very effective against them along with 1 of the longer range blasters.

Tri-Slosher has no diminished accuracy while jumping and almost no fall-off damage, so it has higher range than it looks on paper since you can spam jump and shoot to get an extra bit of range - if you did that with, say, the N-Zap '85, the accuracy is reduced so much and the damage fall-off is significant enough it's just not worth it, so the Tri-Slosher has secret extra range compared to other weapons. I think the effective range is just over 40, or thereabouts, which, while less than a lot of the prominent shooters, is not so much less that spacing is a Tri-Slosher's most significant concern.

Ninja Dom

Okay I'm a Level 12 and I still have some questions:

What is the big arrow under your Level in the Lobbies? My arrow is pointing Left and says Fresh 10.0 inside it. What does that mean? Is it good or bad?

In Turf War do you get points for splatting your opponents?

Koren

What is the big arrow under your Level in the Lobbies? My arrow is pointing Left and says Fresh 10.0 inside it. What does that mean? Is it good or bad?
It's a meter that say how well you do... Win and it'll increase, Loose and it'll decrease. It's a per-weapon meter, unless I'm mistaken.

I would say no, but not totally sure... Is it important? (you usually don't play for points?)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay I'm a Level 12 and I still have some questions:

What is the big arrow under your Level in the Lobbies? My arrow is pointing Left and says Fresh 10.0 inside it. What does that mean? Is it good or bad

Every win adds Fresh points, every loss loses Fresh points. It's a sort of performance tracker. Higher Fresh points means you're playing better (or are on a good streak). Occasionally it gives you extra points. Mostly it is bragging rights. It's per weapon, and your highest value is recorded for each weapon.

No.

backlot

You get points for splats in that when you splat someone they explode and paint the ground in your ink. Points are just ground coverage plus a 1000 point bonus if you win.

Jims

Awesome, we're getting the Bubble Blower soon. The Forge Splattershot Pro looks like it would be good at popping those bubbles. Might be like a more focused rain cloud.

is there a translation of the new balance patch? google translate was only doing so much

Someone on Reddit posted this, which I guess is from a 4chan board called /ink/
http://imgur.com/a/gxUi4

Doorman

Of course, leave it to Nintendo to wait until just hours after I post up a bunch of blaster comparison numbers to then reveal Clash changes that throw out the whole point of the comparison, lol.

So, they improved the droplet size of its inking and also toned up its ink efficiency. Given where it already sat, this probably means the Clash will be the most ink-efficient blaster in the game currently, and depending on the inking buff it may not take two shots to form a workable swim path anymore. I LOVE the sound of these changes, making one of my favorite weapons even better and possibly more viable in turf war to boot. Not sure if people will keep sleeping on it or not but I can't wait to dive into it.

Top Bottom