• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Koren

Salmon run is so much easier at 250 payout than at 200... (not the waves difficulty, but teammates are insanely better)

Also, am I the only one that went frrom "flyfish is a primary target" to "just ignore it"?

Its attacks aren't that dangerous if you're cautious (I find stingray and even rain worse), it's often far from the base (so, dangerous and low benefits) AND it's long to kill it (2 bombs, when the underground fish will come and die with one, for example)

Koren

That's no excuse to not take them out with the stingray.
The flyfishes?

There may be better uses of the stingray than a kill that won't bring egg and has little chance of bringing a flush... Also the stingray remove you your weapon, and you may well be half useless for its duration.

Still, if a teammate think that's useful, I don't mind, but I've other priorities.

ksan

Guys, what do you think about going aggro? Is that something you should take advantage or is it only possible in noob games like mine?

Maengun1

Salmon run is so much easier at 250 payout than at 200... (not the waves difficulty, but teammates are insanely better)

Also, am I the only one that went frrom "flyfish is a primary target" to "just ignore it"?

Its attacks aren't that dangerous if you're cautious (I find stingray and even rain worse), it's often far from the base (so, dangerous and low benefits) AND it's long to kill it (2 bombs, when the underground fish will come and die with one, for example)

I'm the same, I ignore if unless it's the only boss salmonid on the field. Unless you're perfectly coordinated with a teammate when the boxes open you just have to sit there twiddling your thumbs for 15 seconds anyway, you're just gonna get swamped in the meantime.

I've lost too many times by trying to juggle keeping an eye on the flyfish and doing other stuff and you just miss the box being open again anyway (or more commonly, don't have the ink for a bomb). It's a distraction.

Is the Sploosh-O-Matic a good gun? I'm sick of Tentakek being the only gun that doesn't kill people in one hit (hyperbole but not) so I'm gonna try it.

Nightii

Banned
How? :D

Yeah I'm lvl 7 now got 8.0, does it affect anything?

You get a point bonus towards leveling when you reach Fresh and Superfresh, but that only happens once, so no, it doesn't really matter what level your weapon is at overall.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I get freshness bonus sometimes, what does that mean?
Edit: oh wait was that the weapon upgrade?
Yep.

Unrelated question: any chance to scrub/reroll a single sub?

ksan

How does it work when you buy through the app? For example I bought the "current" thing in the app, so do I get it when the timer ends?

How does it work when you buy through the app? For example I bought the "current" thing in the app, so do I get it when the timer ends?

When you "buy" it in the app, Murch will have it for you in the Plaza. Then you buy it from him with your money. There's no time limit as long as you order it in the app, but you can only have one order at a time.

ksan

When you "buy" it in the app, Murch will have it for you in the Plaza. Then you buy it from him with your money. There's no time limit as long as you order it in the app, but you can only have one order at a time.
Oh, I don't understand, where do u find Mitch?
(Edit: Lmao, I mean Murch)

Kill the Small Fry in Griller rounds you stupid bastards!

I'm watching a Sploosh hop in place to get high enough to hit them while I can't get a charger shot off with them eating my ankles.

I had a Chum run up the wall and splat me during a glowflies round while I was doing the wall trick. Anyone else seen this yet? Wondering if that was just a weird glitch or if they actually patched in that to counter that trick. That was crazy lol

I had a Chum run up the wall and splat me during a glowflies round while I was doing the wall trick. Anyone else seen this yet? Wondering if that was just a weird glitch or if they actually patched in that to counter that trick. That was crazy lol

That's always been a thing. It happens with regular enemies too. They don't do it instantly though. They have to be unable to get you for a bit before they jump.

For some reason, the baller buff made me better at using .52 gal. Baller just became a great tool in any ranked mode.

Can you share some examples of how you're using the Baller? .52 was a favorite of mine in the first game... gotta admit that the kit has kind of turned me off of using it in the sequel.

Branduil

4 games versus Team Nuggets, 4 blowout losses. The last one we had it won the whole time but my dumbass team kept pushing too deep and getting wiped. Time to drink 4 gallons of paint and wish death on everyone who plays this game.

J@hranimo

Banned
I actually like the Custom Jr! It even got me to S+3.

RIP my Carbon, not touching that ever again unless the patch next month makes it good again like in Splatoon 1.

Vinci

Danish
I don't post much anymore. And I certainly don't have a history of posting in this thread very much, if ever.

But I will break my silence to say the following...

Splat Zones is the worst mode in this game.

When it's up, I traditionally just log off, but I decided to try it once more tonight. You know, give it another college try. Really put some time and energy into it. After perhaps 100 matches and still sitting at C-, that will not happen again.

To hell with that mode. To hell with the constant disconnects - I'm averaging one every two games at this point, and it's almost always on my team. To hell with the people seemingly terrified of incurring against an enemy-held zone.

Please, Nintendo, stop with the rotation nonsense. It's beyond frustrating that I'm stuck with this mode during the rare occasions I'm able to sink time into the game.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
4 games versus Team Nuggets, 4 blowout losses. The last one we had it won the whole time but my dumbass team kept pushing too deep and getting wiped. Time to drink 4 gallons of paint and wish death on everyone who plays this game.
I haven't had a bad team over the past several days, but here are a couple of really basic mistakes I've seen over my splatoon1/2 time:

1) Efficiency at inking is paramount at turf wars. At the start of the game, sane players choose their 'venues' for inking based on their spot in the spawn kettle and the topology of the map. Not some, though - they'll get into other player's venues, causing the 'rightful' owner to move venues on their turn, only for the 'intruder' to change back again, again triggering a change in inking ground for the other, causing a major drop in the intruder's and at least one of their teammates' inking efficiency at the start of the game.. When two such 'free electron' players meet on the same team, the net result is that well into the game substantial home turf areas remain uninked, until some of the sane players notices and fixes that, at the expense of valuable mid-spiel time.

2) Long-jump landing spots are easy prey for the opponents. The game notifies players each time their teammates have targeted them for a long jump. The sane behaviour in this case, given the situation permits it, is to slow down and provide cover for the incoming teammate. Some people just neglect that, though. I've seen done-deal games reversed in the course of 15 seconds when a couple of people jump-target one of their teamates, who blissfully abandons the landing spot.

Branduil

DJRA-3fU8AAOA2B.jpg:large

DJRBNX-UMAAoEkd.jpg:large

I hope this roller player steps on a lego. Fucking worthless jackass.

JonnyKong

This game was really, REALLY frustrating me last night, I don't know if it's bad lag or what, but I was constantly getting killed by seemingly just one shot, no matter what the weapon was the other person was using, yet of course it takes me ages to kill somebody else. Sometimes I felt like I was being splatted by invisible people.

I think this is why I mainly stick to single player games nowadays, online gaming makes me so angry by how often it feels unfair.

Branduil

Based on my experience so far, the final results for this Splatfest will be something like

80/20 French Fries popular vote
90/10 Nuggets solo match

Regiruler

The flyfishes?

There may be better uses of the stingray than a kill that won't bring egg and has little chance of bringing a flush... Also the stingray remove you your weapon, and you may well be half useless for its duration.

Still, if a teammate think that's useful, I don't mind, but I've other priorities.

I mean you won't pop a stingray to take a single one, but multiple + a steelhead or a stinger should be enough to take one out.

Branduil

I'm never choosing the more popular option on Splatfests again. This is a fucking miserable experience with new records in teammates incompetence, even for this game.

Top Bottom