• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

phanphare

Banned
we back!

dj8iawquqaachct0ast2.jpg

Ogodei

I'm at the dumb point where i'm at S in Tower Control and Splat Zones but barely over the line in A+ in Rainmaker, so i have to keep passing on playing.

Fortunately it's Metroid time now, so i'm not playing this daily any longer.

Had a Tower Control game just now where it was overtime and we were all standing on the tower. Three people die and I'm the only one left. I quickly get a double kill but I run out of ink. Just sanding defenseless on platform while everybody respawns.

We take the lead and win.

People. On splatzone Kelp Done, you have to ink the middle to take control of the zone.

This has been one of the worst weekends I've ever played. Lost so many close matches and of course, a surplus of dumb teammates.

When there are fifteen enemies right near the egg basket but all three other people on your team are off in a far corner of the map trying to fight one boss and they all die???

Ogodei

Woo! S-rank in Rainmaker!

Only one of those matches was on Moray Towers though. Probably for the best, i've found it's a lot harder to make up for lost space in that map.

Branduil

When there are fifteen enemies right near the egg basket but all three other people on your team are off in a far corner of the map trying to fight one boss and they all die???

Almost as bad as teammates who refuse to ever use their specials no matter the situation.

On the other hand my last team was fantastic, I had one of the best Goldie Rush rounds ever with no one dying or running off and being stupid, everyone stayed in position and didn't let the Goldies murder anyone.

Branduil

Goldie Seeking is such fucking bullshit. Two games in a row I've lost because this arbitrary crap. If I see it again in the next game I'm just fucking disconnecting.

Branduil

When you get the roller during a Goldie Rush:

Of course, the funny thing is, we had a second Goldie Rush event in that game, and despite everyone watching me just stand there and destroy all incoming Salmonids that walked into my roller of doom, the squid who got it in the second game decided to... just stand back and fling ink? We still won fairly easily, since we had all our specials, but it could have been even easier if they just used the roller cheese.

Branduil

Damn that was a good end to that run. One egg from quota, seconds ticking down, and we're experiencing Drizzler hell around the basket. One squid has an egg, but he's down on the elevator. I slosh some ink down and clear a path to the basket for him as he climbs up and drops the final egg in at the last second before 3 of us die from Drizzler rain.

Finally got out of S+0 Tower Control hell thanks to Kelp Dome not being full of ramps and shit like the rest of the game so I can actually use a gun normally. Now I got triple S+ in all three modes. And had great sessions in Salmon Run with people that knew what they were doing.

It was my reward for the past week of trash.

Branduil

God I fucking hate Griller rounds. It doesn't matter how many times you play them, or how good the players are, they are never, ever easy. I might as well just disconnect when they happen since I have zero chance of completing them.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Ranked can be freaking amazing when you're playing with other higher level players.

dgco86

Jesus Christ... I can (kinda) tolerate people not using the stingray during a mothership round, but why the hell isn't anyone coming back to protect the basket when the mothership is right on top of it!? There's only so much I can do with a slosher...

Frankly this round of Salmon Run was just awful for me and teammates like that did not help one bit. Went all the way down to 10/99 by the time I got the second super bonus.

Can someone answer a few questions about Salmon Run? Last night was the first time I've done it (just got the game on Saturday) and it is a blast, especially with a group of friends!

-Does the ranking reset? Right now I'm at "Part-Timer" I think. Does that reset once this Salmon run finishes?

-I think I know the answer to this one, but as I rank up, the encounters get harder. That is correct, right?

-Do the rewards reset? The superbonus and stuff is what I'm talking about.

-Does the gear change? Last night I got a vest of sorts and a helmet. Lets say I do the next Salmon run ,will the gear be different or still be the same?

Appreciate any answers!

Huh, never knew about this.
Coolies, hope it helps! :D
I've gotten quite few ambushes off on people due to it.

Can someone answer a few questions about Salmon Run? Last night was the first time I've done it (just got the game on Saturday) and it is a blast, especially with a group of friends!

-Does the ranking reset? Right now I'm at "Part-Timer" I think. Does that reset once this Salmon run finishes?

-I think I know the answer to this one, but as I rank up, the encounters get harder. That is correct, right?

-Do the rewards reset? The superbonus and stuff is what I'm talking about.

-Does the gear change? Last night I got a vest of sorts and a helmet. Lets say I do the next Salmon run ,will the gear be different or still be the same?

Appreciate any answers!
You keep your rank but your score within that rank resets to 40 points (so for example, I'm profreshional every new round of salmon run, but any points within the bar for profreshional I was above 40 are lost)
So you should remain a part-timer next round, just with 40p rather than whatever you had.

Yup. The few times I've dropped out of profreshional it's struck me how incredibly easy it is compared to what I'm used to. The difficulty mostly ramps up in terms of how quickly the bosses spawn than anything else, though there are some special events that will only turn up in the higher ranks as well

Any rewards you've earned, even if you've not claimed them, will remain claimable at the window outside the salmon run booth. The actual reward track itself resets every new salmon run event

The salmon run uniform never changes.

Hope that helps :p

The salmon run uniform never changes.

Hope that helps :p

I appreciate your response a lot!

As for the "gear" question, I was referring to the gear that I can put on my person for something like turf war. I got a vest of some sort after hitting a certain number of points in Salmon Run. I got a hard hat of some sort through one of my bonuses as well Will that change to a pair of pants during the next salmon run, for example? Or will it always be that vest? Sorry for not making that as clear as I should have.

h0tp0ck3t

As for the "gear" question, I was referring to the gear that I can put on my person for something like turf war. I got a vest of some sort after hitting a certain number of points in Salmon Run. I got a hard hat of some sort through one of my bonuses as well Will that change to a pair of pants during the next salmon run, for example? Or will it always be that vest? Sorry for not making that as clear as I should have.

it will be the same piece of gear for a month. August was the Mining Helmet and September is the Life Jacket

Stealth Edit: You can earn the gear piece each Salmon Run and it will have a different main ability

it will be the same piece of gear for a month. August was the Mining Helmet and September is the Life Jacket

Stealth Edit: You can earn the gear piece each Salmon Run and it will have a different main ability
Ah, it's as Hotpocket said, though it's worth noting that some of the gatcha balls will sometimes reward you with clothing from previous months. So while you'll get the vest every so many points, the gatchas might give you a helmet or polo shirt from time to time as well :3

Salmonax

Any rewards you've earned, even if you've not claimed them, will remain claimable at the window outside the salmon run booth. The actual reward track itself resets every new salmon run event

Not that it will matter for most, but it actually maxes out at 99 bonuses. I didn't figure out how to collect bonuses until I had accrued 99 and probably missed out on a bunch of loot.

Koren

God I fucking hate Griller rounds. It doesn't matter how many times you play them, or how good the players are, they are never, ever easy.
I hate grillers, and I was thinking the same, but this morning, I've had a griller round... and it seems the easiest thing possible. Everyone played perfectly, we killed 7 of them, and bring back 19 eggs. It was a perfect killing machine.

By the way, playing during work/school hours seems to help a lot. Since I have "strange" work hours, maybe I'm lucky to be able to play in those times, but my short experience at 10.30 AM (5 runs, 5 wins, none under 65 eggs) and tonight at 10.30 PM (about 1/3 of wins, and some losses at 1st round) were really vastly different. And since I've been the lead in eggs in all the runs, I doubt it's just because I'm tired.

13ruce

Banned
God I fucking hate Griller rounds. It doesn't matter how many times you play them, or how good the players are, they are never, ever easy. I might as well just disconnect when they happen since I have zero chance of completing them.

High tide grillers is a fucking nightmare i hate it.

NathanS

Curse of the Splatoon Direct weapons. Only the Dapple Dualies escaped the trash tier fate like unlike the others lol.

I mean did they really? They are perhaps the weakest Dualies and that's not been a strong class of weapons so far. Enperries are the "best" and even then only as a way of getting inkjet, and I'm not sure if they are even worth that.

Koren

I mean did they really? They are perhaps the weakest Dualies and that's not been a strong class of weapons so far. Enperries are the "best" and even then only as a way of getting inkjet, and I'm not sure if they are even worth that.
I main Enperries but because of curling bombs, not because of the inkjet. There's plently of special I would prefer, such as baller since the buff (it now pack some power...)

Top Bottom