• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 sold 671K in Japan in its first 3 days (physical) (Famitsu)

phanphare

Banned
Splatoon is amazing. I love the 'waggle'. Do you kids say that any more? Waggle? I love the 'waggle'. Would be interested in another shooter on the switch. I hope another shooter drops before metroid.

splatoon doesn't use waggle controls, that's a very specific thing from the early wii days

The real secret sauce for Splatoon sales is that if a household has multiple Switch owners, they'll be incentivized to buy multiple copies if they're fans of the game and want to play together.

noshten

As it turns out this is actually the biggest launch during a system's first year on the market. For reference MH3G on the 3DS was previously the biggest launch. MH3G launched while the 3DS already had 3.2 million systems on the market(including those sold at the launch) and thus had around 16% attachment rate with it's 521K debut:

01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 521.959 / NEW

3DS | 3.234.299

01./00. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 648.085 / NEW

NSW | 1.196.986

RagnarokX

Splatoon is amazing. I love the 'waggle'. Do you kids say that any more? Waggle? I love the 'waggle'. Would be interested in another shooter on the switch. I hope another shooter drops before metroid.
Waggle is when you have to wag to do things that don't correspond to real motion input. "Fake" motion controls. Splatoon 2 doesn't do that.

Top Bottom