• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon devs are posting regular updates on Twitter: Weapons, controls, story, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I had these guys in my mind as the "static-type"/"fixed location" enemies

But I really don't have any confidence in my tl given how shockingly similar it is to the Google.

i think google was doing okay anyway

i'm just not sure where you're pulling 'enemy' from in that sentence

Kudo

i think google was doing okay anyway

i'm just not sure where you're pulling 'enemy' from in that sentence

Well, not "enemy" but I think "固定式" could suggest "Static-type/Stationary" as in different kind of enemy.
I'm probably wrong though so I hope Streets will clear it up.

TheMoon

Dude, instead of reading 5 month old posts, be up-to-date and get this: we've known since E3 that it will have gyro+stick aiming. Why do you choose to read the one post that is misinformed?

How about you read this one, from the OP:

Nothing surprising, but for completion's sake:
B1zs0ldIQAIP7nI.jpg:large

ZL - Squid (dive into ink, restores ink)
L-stick - move

R-button - Bomb (uses 70% of your ink)
ZR - Ink Shot (uses up ink)
R-stick - looks left/right
X - Jump
Y - Camera Reset

Touch the Squid Icon to make a big jump to one of your team mates.

Use gyro to aim.

69wpm

Just read this: Amazon thinks Splatoon has been delayed in Europe to July. On their site they list a date for June though. Very weird and hopefully not true.

Also made a topic.

TheMoon

100 Sure that this is not true. End of June is end of 2nd Quarter, I bet the game is just slatet at the end of June in their database, so the customerservice said automaticly, that it is delayed (Becuase he has no idea when it really comes. Timeframe of 2-7 July is just the days the gae could arrive at customers after it release on June, 30th.

Not allowed to talk about it, but there is another reason this isn't true.

Next week hype ;)

Soul Lab

100 Sure that this is not true. End of June is end of 2nd Quarter, I bet the game is just slatet at the end of June in their database, so the customerservice said automaticly, that it is delayed (Becuase he has no idea when it really comes. Timeframe of 2-7 July is just the days the gae could arrive at customers after it release on June, 30th.

Not allowed to talk about it, but there is another reason this isn't true.

Nintendo Direct incoming? HYPE

random25

of course that thread would turn into The Order review score whining thread #1886

Nah, it'll probably be Bloodborne next week because The Order stole their thunder this week lol. Somebody's gotta give...

Nintendo Direct incoming? HYPE

Now that you mention it, it should be around this time that we get the usual bi-monthly direct. And with scheduled online maintenance for next week, maybe we'll see one next week or two... :p

Soul Lab

Nah, it'll probably be Bloodborne next week because The Order stole their thunder this week lol. Somebody's gotta give...

Now that you mention it, it should be around this time that we get the usual bi-monthly direct. And with scheduled online maintenance for next week, maybe we'll see one next week or two... :p

yes, I'm also expecting a ND this month

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
NoA PR:

The momentum for Nintendo software and systems should continue over the next few months thanks to a strong lineup of software that includes Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo 3DS, March 13), Mario Party 10 + Mario amiibo bundle (Wii U, March 20), Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Nintendo 3DS, April 10) and Splatoon (Wii U, May).

And we know that they always said they aim for a worldwide release (which makes sense for a multiplayer focused shooter, to maximize the online population).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
New tweet:

明日はホワイトデー。
イカ研究所からプレゼントとして、1枚のカードをお届けしよう。
バレンタインデーのカードと対になっているそうだ。

B_-MFFUUkAAqEzN.jpg:orig

Is there some kind of holiday in Japan? It looks like that from the google translate. (white day?)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Haven't used any gyro with Wii U aside from Captain Toad. I have really mixed feelings about my experiences with it on 3DS. Many times it was crap, but it was very helpful in Ocarina of Time, but I think that's only in comparison to the dogshit circle pad. On something like this.... I don't know. I think it will be a proving ground and training for Star Fox soon to come after it. Gyro on Star Fox 3D really sucked so I hope that with heavy investment and focus they have been really getting it right as Miyamoto said they were trying to at the game awards.

TheMoon

Haven't used any gyro with Wii U aside from Captain Toad. I have really mixed feelings about my experiences with it on 3DS. Many times it was crap, but it was very helpful in Ocarina of Time, but I think that's only in comparison to the dogshit circle pad. On something like this.... I don't know. I think it will be a proving ground and training for Star Fox soon to come after it. Gyro on Star Fox 3D really sucked so I hope that with heavy investment and focus they have been really getting it right as Miyamoto said they were trying to at the game awards.

Gyro != gyro. You've used gyro aiming in a completely different way than it is being used in Splatoon for aiming. You don't hold up the GamePad and look at the touch screen like you do in Captain Toad or in any of the 3DS games that use it. Splatoon and Star Fox and Zelda U all use it like The Wind Waker HD which is also very similar to how Wii Remote aiming worked. You rest the GamePad in your lap and tilt it slightly. That is all. You do broad movements with the sticks and then just tilt for the precision fine-tuning.

B2EJpDHCYAAvDfo.jpg

DaBoss

The stick is used to move the camera left and right while the gyro is used to move the camera up and down.

It seems like you can't move the camera up and down with the stick with gyro enabled.

Was looking at the artwork and screens released at PAX (here). And ahh it looks so good.

I am loving the mint coloured squids. I might make myself a minty squidboy for my character. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom