• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

atr0cious

I guess everyone is too busy to discuss Slosher?
I want to, but I'm at work. I think a team of sloshers could be unstoppable. They hold a ton of ink and can get multiple kills from all their options before running out, burst bombs almost feels like overkill. And they move super quick, you saw how quickly I could move to and from the enemy base, and today was my first day using it. They can be handled, but its gonna be hard to wrangle in a bucket that can really use its options to the fullest.

ryechu

I want to, but I'm at work. I think a team of sloshers could be unstoppable. They hold a ton of ink and can get multiple kills from all their options before running out, burst bombs almost feels like overkill. And they move super quick, you saw how quickly I could move to and from the enemy base, and today was my first day using it. They can be handled, but its gonna be hard to wrangle in a bucket that can really use its options to the fullest.

I think they are good. But I think every competitive lineup needs a charger without exception.

Vecks

I guess everyone is too busy to discuss Slosher?

Well, I read your, um, write-up, and yeah, your loadout as a splatling is a problem against slosher. Slosher definitely has the advantage there in the situations you described, especially since the slosher nullifies the splash wall, which I think is pretty neat and is really my favorite part of the slosher.

But I still want some more experience dealing with them before I can form an opinion on them. I went and played some random turf wars to see if I could practice against sloshers but the random ones just don't do much at all. Maybe we could get some gaf matches with sloshers vs. all.

ChrisD

THIS RUSH!
I don't care for Turf Wars, but I can see how Ranked can be fun! Won a game where they got all the way to 2 on Tower Control but I ran and, killed two, and brought it back far enough for the team to turn the game entirely.

Almost pulled it off again, but wasn't so lucky haha.

Violet_0

Banned
Meh, I think a splatling can fill that role, and I think a team of 2 sloshers and 2 splatlings could be unstoppable. That splat wall is the key.

sloshers are easy targets for other chargers. You can tell that you are dealing with an experienced player when they immediately drop a splash wall once they see a charger

WALKMAN04

sloshers are easy targets for other chargers. You can tell that you are dealing with an experienced player when they immediately drop a splash wall once they see a charger
Extremely easy targets as a charger, when i was playing earlier i knew i was going to win every time i saw one on the opposing team.

Violet_0

Banned
Extremely easy targets as a charger, when i was playing earlier i knew i was going to win every time i saw one on the opposing team.

yeah, that was pretty much my experience as well

except for Blue, who likes to hide behind his stupid wall until I get bored

e: wait, I think I'm mixing up the names of the gatling gun and the bucket. I meant the gatling

lol, that happens to me sometimes.

I'm 90% sure it happens because someone disconnected mid-game, and the game just matches you with a room it sees as having less than 8 players regardless if there's a game ongoing or not

The game I joined was totally unstable so I think that you're right about someone dropping out. It's the first time that happened to me since I started playing the game :lol

Heng

Sure, just let me know when you're playing again. I can't find anyone on right now so randoms it is then :/
I don't know if I have you added though. If you want to add me, I'll try to make room on my friends list. My NNID is roger1991. If anyone else wants to add me, feel free to. I'm going to remove players that have been inactive for more than a month.

Water Dumple. I play a lot of dota.
Hmmm... I'll add you once I get on my computer, I don't know how to add people through the steam app.

As usual feel free to add me. I play evenings, or during the day on weekends, and now that I've finished moving I'm ready to roll again.

I don't know if I have you added though. If you want to add me, I'll try to make room on my friends list. My NNID is roger1991. If anyone else wants to add me, feel free to. I'm going to remove players that have been inactive for more than a month.

We're always in the same rooms so I assumed you were already there >.>

I'll add you in a minute.

I'm tired. For the last four hours all my wins against teams with the same combinations result in a +6 and all my losses result in a -14, and I know from what you're saying that's not the normal balance. Four A-s managed to win against a group of 4 Ss, and that's the only +10 win I got.

Woe is me. For every loss I basically need two wins, and I can't deal with people who jump into ranked without understanding the mode and knowing how you move the tower, and I can't deal with people not using beacons, not to mention some random disconnects. Stuck in A- hell forever. Send help. And cookies.

Back to turf. Time to wash off the salt.

RedFyn

I'm tired. For the last four hours all my wins against teams with the same combinations result in a +6 and all my losses result in a -14, and I know from what you're saying that's not the normal balance. Four A-s managed to win against a group of 4 Ss, and that's the only +10 win I got.

Woe is me. For every loss I basically need two wins, and I can't deal with people who jump into ranked without understanding the mode and knowing how you move the tower, and I can't deal with people not using beacons, not to mention some random disconnects. Stuck in A- hell forever. Send help. And cookies.

Back to turf. Time to wash off the salt.
Play in a squad?

I've been meaning to later, but my net is way worse when playing with GAF people, so I'm afraid it'd hurt more than help. Maybe after I move this month.
(plus my peeve is really with me not knowing why am I getting such unbalanced win/loss results)

ChrisD

Every time I read the word squad I see squid.
Nintendo called it squad instead of team just for that reason, I tell you.

izuna99

Neo Member
hey if anyone has a squad thats has free room, can I join it. I have been stuck at b+ forever so I need good teammates.

WALKMAN04

yeah, that was pretty much my experience as well

except for Blue, who likes to hide behind his stupid wall until I get bored

e: wait, I think I'm mixing up the names of the gatling gun and the bucket. I meant the gatling
i noticed lol, but i knew what you were talking about when you said splash wall

WALKMAN04

Ranked mode seems to not respect my time with how it pairs me up with A- and lower ranked players. The most points I could get in the best case scenario (having the lowest ranked players in the lobby on my team) is 3. Most of the time it is just +1. It's rather annoying.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174018831&postcount=16932
You are still S rank right, i havent played a game yet while in S rank except for squads, sounds like its going to be rough

Top Bottom