• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spoiler-Free E3 2013 Press Conference thread

Cmagus

First year I will be missing E3 live, thanks to this thread I won't have to worry about being spoiled.

Same for me :( as of tomorrow night midnight I go on internet blackout till I am home from work to watch all the conferences in a row.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Bookmarked for the Sony conf. Gonna be at work. ><

bjaelke

I stayed up last year for Sony's conference. No way I'm doing that again, so this thread is much appreciated!

This is actually a great idea for a thread. Thanks for doing this!

How soon do the various sites like Gametrailers usually have replays of stuff up? Because In an ideal world, I'd like to watch the Apple keynote live, and come right to this thread and have a spoiler-free link to the Microsoft event waiting for me.

(Yeah, even though I'm a hardcore gamer, the Apple keynote has to come first. I need to see whatever Apple is bringing out as Mac Pro replacement to become my next workstation. God knows I'll spend way more time on that thing than any console.)

How soon do the various sites like Gametrailers usually have replays of stuff up? Because In an ideal world, I'd like to watch the Apple keynote live, and come right to this thread and have a spoiler-free link to the Microsoft event waiting for me.

(Yeah, even though I'm a hardcore gamer, the Apple keynote has to come first. I need to see whatever Apple is bringing out as Mac Pro replacement to become my next workstation. God knows I'll spend way more time on that thing than any console.)

Few hours, give or take

I'm going to follow everything live this year (pulling an all-nighter in Europe here) but I always love the effort in these threads.

Maybe something to take note of. When providing links to streams or video sometimes the page where the video is embedded shows a gazillion spoiler (think gamespot or something)

If it's possible links should be provided with the least chance of spoiling something on the associated page or preferably a direct link. Although I'm not sure if that is actually possible for most video feeds and stream providers after the conferences, because all the sites become extreme clickbait material. Maybe if the conferences were uploaded quickly to YT by the respective companies, that would be ideal but is probably not happening in a short timeframe.

Linkinito

As an European fellow, I used this thread to see Sony conference last year.

I'll probably try to watch them all in a row this year, but in case I fail... Bookmarked :)

Teppic

Will use this thread. I just don't like watching things at a certain time. That's why I don't watch television much.

velociraptor

But ask yourself this question. Will there be MEGATONZ?

edit: I think it would be a good idea for a mod to sticky this thread. I think a lot of people will invariably miss this thread as it's buried within a post that many aren't likely to click.

Thank you very much for this thread. It's a really great idea. Since the Sony conference will start at 3 am for me and I have to get up early in the morning, I won't be able to watch it - and I absolutely don't want to be spoiled :)

Lingitiz

Is there going to be a Twitch stream for the press conferences? That would be the ideal way to find an archive as soon as possible.

Devil

Great Thread! Was hoping for something like this. I won't be able to watch the Sony Conference as it will be 3AM here in Germany.. Sucks.

Bookmarked :)

Any chance of differentiating links that don't have live comments sections to the side from the ones that do? They'll be full of E3 and Last of Us spoilers I fear.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Could you possibly post live stream info too? I want to keep out of the official threads tomorrow just in case, so having this thread as a haven would be great. I'm sure some people will watch some events live and others recorded too

Carl

Fred on the EU blog said they're hoping to have the conference replay up on YouTube within a couple of hours after it finishes. Hopefully they manage that

haikira

This thread is a god send. Just starting a new job the same week as E3. Going to come here first thing when i'm back on Monday and Tuesday, kick back with some dinner and enjoy the recordings unspoiled. =D

Yu Narukami

S¡mon;62230131 said:
Bookmarked, thanks for this topic. :) I won't stay up until 3 AM (CET) for Sony's E3 conference.

I wonder when the sony replay will be online. I want to watch it at 6 am (CET). Will it be up after only one hour?

Jawmuncher

Thank You!
Been looking for this. Had to use google search to find it. Bookmarked. I want to experience all th conferences with no spoilers.

just so i don't forget and look up the main gaf page by mistake, i made this my homepage. lol.

This is the 1st time in like 10 years I've not been able to get E3 off from work, but it's a new job.

Anth0ny

Bookmarked :)

Any chance of differentiating links that don't have live comments sections to the side from the ones that do? They'll be full of E3 and Last of Us spoilers I fear.

Yes, no links to pages with comments or images that spoil the announcements please!

I've been having a tv E3 party with my best friend for years now, because I have bandwidth limits on my internet and can't stream them. But since Spike is only hosting the first two press conferences (Microsoft and EA), I'm going to have to download the other two at the library or something.

I'd love it if you could update the OP with Youtube links to good quality videos of the entire Sony and Ubisoft conferences, preferable ones that don't have all of the revealed games in the title. Lol. (I'll hold my hand in front of the screen to avoid the 'related video' spoilers)

I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Haines

Banned
Bookmarked! Being able to watch the conferences spoiler free after work with some snacks and drinks will be nice!

AHA-Lambda

Thank you, I won't get to see Sony's cos it's on over here at 2am! I would just grin and bear it but I have work the next day so :(

Top Bottom