• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead said:
You think so? :p

That's exactly the type of show american fans lap up, doesn't matter how bad it is. It's pretty much guaranteed to sell, not to mention having the name of a game to help sell it.

thats true

I actually had high hopes for the DMC anime, if only for the fact that Gungrave was a fun action game and the anime based off it was very awesome.

Bebpo

Banned
DarknessTear said:
It's also the show that almost everyone admits is terrible... which is pretty bad since that rarely ever happens.

I liked ep1, didn't like ep2, haven't seen ep3...

Bebpo said:
I liked ep1, didn't like ep2, haven't seen ep3...

You liked ep 1 huh... I thought it was kind of offensive. Also the Dante they picked was meh.. the way he said the random Engrish words with no feeling kinda annoyed me.

Gantz

Banned
DarknessTear said:
You liked ep 1 huh... I thought it was kind of offensive. Also the Dante they picked was meh.. the way he said the random Engrish words with no feeling kinda annoyed me.

Dude that's how he is in the games as well. DMC is good for an anime based on a video game.

Akia

How come nobody mentioned Darker than Black is now licensed. That means Shinsen won't sub it.

Out of all the groups that were subbing it (sudo, mdan, and shinsen) they were the best.

Enron

Banned
Akia said:
How come nobody mentioned Darker than Black is now licensed. That means Shinsen won't sub it.

Out of all the groups that were subbing it (sudo, mdan, and shinsen) they were the best.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry, but I react with violent laughter whenever I see the words "Shinsen" and "best" in the same sentence.

Akia

Enron said:

I'm sorry, but I react with violent laughter whenever I see the words "Shinsen" and "best" in the same sentence.

so you don't think shinsen are better than sudo and mdan?

Fireblend

Banned
Enron said:

My computer can't handle sudo subs and their stupid h.264 format; I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do now. Tried both on Windows and Linux and the stupid video-audio won't sync correctly because of the ridiculous quality in any player :(

Fireblend said:
My computer can't handle sudo subs and their stupid h.264 format; I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do now. Tried both on Windows and Linux and the stupid video-audio won't sync correctly because of the ridiculous quality in any player :(

Even MPC? Upgrade time!

Anyway, sudo is the best for DTB so I'm fine as long as they keep going.

Fireblend

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Even MPC? Upgrade time!

Anyway, sudo is the best for DTB so I'm fine as long as they keep going.
No luck even with MPC + CCCP... damn, and that other group hasn't gone past ep. 8 Any chance I can reencode it to a lower resolution or something? What program would I use to do that?

Lain

Fireblend said:
No luck even with MPC + CCCP... damn, and that other group hasn't gone past ep. 8 Any chance I can reencode it to a lower resolution or something? What program would I use to do that?

Use MPC+CoreAVC, disable H.264 from the CCCP settings menu so FFDSHOW doesn't decode it leaving CoreAVC to do the work. H.264 720p videos choke on my system too when using FFDSHOW to decode them, but everything works fine when using CoreAVC. Naturally you'd have to pay or uhh something to get CoreAVC, but it is only like... 19$ or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom