• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm besides that one dude in the 3rd season of nanoha, have there been any other 'magic girls' dudes with full henshins and what not that isn't some parody skit?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Denki gai no honya san get anime!

My reaction
DOXgQfe.png

blessedbrian

Neo Member
Welp, finally finished off that last episode of Noragami! Good times all around. Personally didn't care too much for Yukine being a bit of a petulant shit for half the show, but I've seen worse. Probably acted worse back when I was younger, too. Rabo was probably a bit meh in terms of a villain, but Bones did right by the series, I think. A good springboard for future material! Here's to hoping.

Good to see they kept up on the recycled power-up scene quota throughout,
by which I mean DEEP SIGHING

I never got a welcoming. This is bullshit.

I don't think I got one but there were some who kept telling me to stop watching Gundam AGE (I think I remember Episode 40 being a perticular sticking point) when I was posting impressions on it and they were right to tell me. Despite this I kept ignoring them, I still do that now when I end up watching crap.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't think I got one but there were some who kept telling me to stop watching Gundam AGE (I think I remember Episode 40 being a perticular sticking point) when I was posting impressions on it and they were right to tell me. Despite this I kept ignoring them, I still do that now when I end up watching crap.
Anyone who watches Ojamajo Doremi deserves a hero's welcome.

sonicmj1

Kino's Journey 3

They messed with the structure here, That makes me even more excited for future stuff.

This episode was broken into a number of different parts, and it was largely about stories and the power they can hold over people. People in one town placidly await the end of the world as foretold in a special book. A poem of profound sadness is perpetually read aloud in memory of the suffering of the man who wrote it. There's even a country of traditions. People take pride in their stories, but their attachment can sometimes be a ball and chain. The ending points this out in one of the blackest jokes I've seen in an anime pretty much ever.

The director's use of light and shadow is particularly strong in this episode, especially in the country of sadness, where towering buildings loom over narrow canals, cloaking Kino in pitch-blackness. The mood of the episode gradually grows grimmer, ending at night, lit only by stars.

i7nJX6cmpMLPU.jpg

I guess there's a lantern too.

Great stuff.

cnet128

Banned
Neither did I, but I guess that's to be expected when all I did was pop in, post a one sentence review of Star Jewel and then not post again for ages.

This was me, sort of (well, actually, I did post a full introduction, but then I never posted in the thread again for many months), but I don't really think of it that way because I don't consider that early post part of my AnimeGAF "residence". As far as I'm concerned, this post was my start in AnimeGAF, and that got a fair amount of response because...uh, look at the length of it >.>

Actually, if we're going by my very first post in AnimeGAF, I've been here all the way since 2009! (This was a surprise even to me, I had no idea that post existed until I searched my post history just now...)

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 3

They messed with the structure here, That makes me even more excited for future stuff.

This episode was broken into a number of different parts, and it was largely about stories and the power they can hold over people. People in one town placidly await the end of the world as foretold in a special book. A poem of profound sadness is perpetually read aloud in memory of the suffering of the man who wrote it. There's even a country of traditions. People take pride in their stories, but their attachment can sometimes be a ball and chain. The ending points this out in one of the blackest jokes I've seen in an anime pretty much ever.

The director's use of light and shadow is particularly strong in this episode, especially in the country of sadness, where towering buildings loom over narrow canals, cloaking Kino in pitch-blackness. The mood of the episode gradually grows grimmer, ending at night, lit only by stars.

Great stuff.

Its great on a level that I cannot hope to analyze in my own words. I leave that to more eloquent folks. Its worthy of a dissertation though. Second best anime of all time and all that. Ill just say that the show had a profound effect on me and I really love the philosophies and explorations of every facet of humanity in it. I really really wish there was more or more of its kind.

So how hated was Golden Time in the winter/spring?

It wasnt overly hated. More like frustrating when a certain element was present. Everybody seemed to like Koko's batshit crazy charms. It would be difficult not to fall in love with her.

TUSR

Banned
It wasnt overly hated. More like frustrating when a certain element was present. Everybody seemed to like Koko's batshit crazy charms. It would be difficult not to fall in love with her.

You mean the fucking
ghost/memory switcharoo
bullshit?

Yup

cnet128

Banned

Yeah, I felt the positives of Golden Time far outweighed the negatives. The whole
Ghost Banri being an ass
thing and
the dragging out of Banri's memory drama towards the end
could get a little tiring/frustrating at times, but they never made the show actually stop being enjoyable.

Kouko in particular was indeed the heart and soul of the show and it was impossible not to love her pretty much every moment she was on screen. Even on those occasional instances when she was being a colossal bitch, she was such a magnificent one that it was very satisfying to watch on some level.

TUSR

Banned
I'll admit I found that (combined with the ending) odd, but I still found the show enjoyable if for no other reason than the Koko antics.

I'm on episode 22 and I wish this show never existed. Or at least they could have taken the plot a different direction, I like the characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The big risk of looking at old AnimeGAF threads is that I have to spend time hunting out and admiring my previous posts.

cajunator

Banned
You mean the fucking
ghost/memory switcharoo
bullshit?

Yup

Yes, exactly that >_

Yeah, I felt the positives of Golden Time far outweighed the negatives. The whole
Ghost Banri being an ass
thing and
the dragging out of Banri's memory drama towards the end
could get a little tiring/frustrating at times, but they never made the show actually stop being enjoyable.

Kouko in particular was indeed the heart and soul of the show and it was impossible not to love her pretty much every moment she was on screen. Even on those occasional instances when she was being a colossal bitch, she was such a magnificent one that it was very satisfying to watch on some level.

I knowwwww. Koko is a magnificent creation. Basically she is perfect.

cajunator

Banned
Koko is actually not perfect ..but what make her since even more is that behind that "PERFECT" appearance at first glance was a pretty twisted ( in a good sense ) woman that longed affection

Yes. Which means shes perfect. I like girls who are not perfectly perfect. they are perfect.

raven777

Nisekoi 1 - 10

I finally started watching Nisekoi and got to episode 10. I am really enjoying it so far.

It feels like typical harem style anime but I love the art (I feel it's better than the manga) and I like Shaft's style. I don't think there is anything that is really special or stands out in terms of story but maybe that will change as the story goes along.

Can't wait to see the fourth girl.

cajunator

Banned
Nisekoi 1 - 10

I finally started watching Nisekoi and got to episode 10. I am really enjoying it so far.

It feels like typical harem style anime but I love the art (I feel it's better than the manga) and I like Shaft's style. I don't think there is anything that is really special or stands out in terms of story but maybe that will change as the story goes along.

Can't wait to see the fourth girl.

I think we can tell who your choice is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom