• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the order a rabbit ? - 04

Magnificent

Magnificent !!

Such beautiful friendship was really enjoyable to watch
Fortune-telling is serious business .

Joe Molotov

VZKgUL7.png

Er... this is rather embarrassing, but guys, you forgot the two Bs.

Maybe GW is your puchidol doppleganger.

Jex

Now is clearly the time to be doing podcasts. I mean, they've all started to get adverts on them these days!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ping Pong The Animation Episode 4:

I think this was the most Kick-Hearty episode yet and I for one rather enjoyed that. Anyway, I am unsure if Kaio Acadamy is the protagonists of a shonen sports series we are not watching or if they are more the evil rich team of an American sports movie. Still, in any event we see why they are a force to be reckoned with and I am glad we got some matches not starting Linkin Park listener Smile, so there was some actual drive and ambition behind the moves.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 3

Why say something once when you can say it two or three times? Did they really need to spend multiple minutes explaining that Kakyoin was controlled? Shouldn't this episode have been done and over with at least ten minutes before it did? Who forgot to hire an editor?

So many questions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san Episode 4:

Well, I suppose they were going to get around to the glasses fetish sooner or later. This show is like looking directly into the brainstem of yuri nation and I am not sure how much that scares me yet.

Shame ps4 is dvd/blu-ray region locked. I was hoping to get cheaper FZ that way. Seriously Funi lower the freaking price. I mean there's no immediate need to buy with netflix and crunchyroll having it, but it'd be nice to own.

cajunator

Banned
You will be brought to the greater tomorrow, kicking and screaming if need be.

Digital media means there will not be a tomorrow. Go find me a digital source for Saint Tail. right now. Go find one. A legal one. Or hell, Sailor moon. A lot of things arent even OFFERED digitally so how is it a suitable replacement? At least the handful of people who want a niche product can buy the product even if its expensive. With the digital future they dont even have the option.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Digital media means there will not be a tomorrow. Go find me a digital source for Saint Tail. right now. Go find one. A legal one. Or hell, Sailor moon. A lot of things arent even OFFERED digitally so how is it a suitable replacement? At least the handful of people who want a niche product can buy the product even if its expensive. With the digital future they dont even have the option.

Your sheer Ludditism is amusing at best and grating at worst, a lack of legacy titles being offered is always a problem and that isn't just digital as I don't think either of those titles are on the blu-ray and the DVDs are long out of print. The anime world of today is now defined by the likes of Cruncyroll and Hulu and Funimation and all sorts of digital simulcasting and I for one am glad anime jumped on the future with relative ease.

cajunator

Banned
Your sheer Ludditism is amusing at best and grating at worst, a lack of legacy titles being offered is always a problem and that isn't just digital as I don't think either of those titles are on the blu-ray and the DVDs are long out of print. The anime world of today is now defined by the likes of Cruncyroll and Hulu and Funimation and all sorts of digital simulcasting and I for one am glad anime jumped on the future with relative ease.

I dont mind it existing. I am talking about if it completely replaces physical media. I hope that never happens. Im not saying digital media should be shuttered entirely. It has a good temporary use for a couple years.

Ping Pong 04
I can definitely notice a lack of budget or time in places (background crowd and referee do not move at all), however this is still easily my AOTS. It still manages to have quite a few good shots.
Every match is different in this, and the matches still look good with great music accompanying them.

patapuf

So, after just having finished Fate/Zero i'm looking for another good action show with some thought and charachter development behind it.

Other stuff in that direction i've enjoyed is black lagoon, Gits, darker than black or Kara no Kyoukai.

I don't really mind the setting or age of the series.

What else is around?

Gazoinks

Ping Pong 4

Kind of cheap-looking episode, but the direction is stylish enough to mostly cover for it. Good episode, and it was cool to see a match not focused around Smile or Peco. Love how stylized Kazama vs Wenge was. Right now Wenge is probably my favorite character in the show, ended up surprisingly sympathetic.

cajunator

Banned
Hehe moenuke. Nice.

I would totally play Metal Gear Rize

That would be so awesome :D

So, after just having finished Fate/Zero i'm looking for another good action show with some thought and charachter development behind it.

Other stuff in that direction i've enjoyed is black lagoon, Gits, darker than black or Kara no Kyoukai.

I don't really mind the setting or age of the series.

What else is around?

Full Metal Panic
Kiddy Grade
Youre Under arrest

Mr. RHC

Silver Spoon - Episode 2
DCfJ5VH.png

I'm really enjoying the mix of a self reflecting protagonist in a new environment, light hearted comedy and the occasional, well, let me call it "Space Brothers feels" moment.

Oh and Nakajima-Sensei
laughter
is amazing!

ONII-SAMA The Animation 04

My Onii-sama Sucks at Magic but can Also Make Up New Forms of Magic On the Fly and Make Every Girl in Existence Blush and Swoon Just by Being in the Room??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom