• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Hmmmm...

Sorry about this.

Nt7X9NC.png

But I want to know how.

wonzo

Banned
good yuasa

ping pong
tatami galaxy
kick-heart
his animation cuts & shorts
first few eps of kaiba

okay yuasa

kemonozume

bad yuasa

everything else

cajunator

Banned
I read that thread again from where Narag posted his gunam movie review and it was right in the middle of Envelope and MadP and me watching Yami. Those were great times.

cnet128

Banned
selector infected WIXOSS 5

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I knew there was going to turn out to be some kind of awful penalty for losing the third battle - the losing-all-memory-of-being-a-Selector thing, at least, I was totally expecting - but even so, that was a lot more cruel than I anticipated. Goddamn at them even ruling out the possibility of saving her by using Ruuko's own wish (which is exactly what I was hoping would happen). There had better be some way of fixing this T_T

Is it bad that I like this series even more after this episode? I must be a masochist. It actually kind of reminded me of Madoka in terms of sheer despair levels. Okada turning into Urobuchi confirmed? =p

...Oh, and I'm now wondering what Akira's wish is
just so I know what kind of well-deserved suffering we can hope to subject her to.

Nananananananana 4

Okay I have no idea WTF is going on now. Seems like everyone has a secret objective. Cant tell whos good or bad anymore.

But Tensai is just awesome.

Gundam 00 S1 - 19

With the exception of one scene, this was easily the best episode so far.

Where to begin? First off, we have Setsuna kicking ass, liked I wanted. But then Tiera shows up and goes all Gundam Nadleeh on their asses!

The fight may have been pretty even, but I'm trankful that Setsuna and the others had the upper hand the whole way.

The one thing I didn't like about this episode was the long-drawn out goodbye sequence between Saji and Louise. FFS, you're not breaking up! You're just leaving to continue your education! It's not like you're never gonna see her again!

I get that it's sad, but it sure as hell doesn't warrant a flashback montage of them together during the series!

Then Lockon and Setsuna's confrontation. I loved that scene. The two actually talk about their problems and it's done in a not-dramatic, not cringe-worthy, and and really well-done way and Setsuna actually smiled. I didn't think that was possible. That was an awesome friendship moment I never expected out of this show.

Man I really like this show. I shudder to think how that opinion will change when I watch S2.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh wow, so that Wixoss card game has rules and stuff. Does the show ever go over any of these? http://imgur.com/a/sZRpR

Surprised someone took the effort to translate the rules and some of the cards.

I really have to question the purpose in creating a TCG marketed to people who probably don't leave their homes frequently enough to have opportunities to actually play against another person.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
A mad scientist named zero creates monsters from (?) going trough the process of metamorphosis to become monsters and lesbian magic girls (with tails) uses
poke
smoke balls to fight them.

This may be the most anime sentence that has ever been written about anything.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 56

He was after the success of Dream Academy? Unless they're laundering money or have Yakuza connections I'm not sure what he'd find that would be so scandalous. And if they did have Yakuza connections, he's probably better off keeping that to himself.

And why would it be some scandal that Seira pets and talks to cats? Even I do that shit Anybody who gets upset at that sort of thing needs to get smacked across the face. Go after her cocaine stash or something.

And good on Orihime telling them that love is okay. Another bullshit thing bullshit fans get upset about.

Yeah, there's not much that really *defines* a mahou shoujo anime other than "girls dressing up and getting super powers". And as far as I'm aware, Kill la Kill would fit nicely in that regard!

But what would a MahouGAF be restricted to? General fantasy anime? Shows with just magic in general? I'm willing to bet on the latter.

We'll go with super girly-girly. There. Or plastic peddling, I don't really care, because this is way too much thought put into a this genre. Probably more than the actual shows get themselves.

Jintor

Teekyu 10

lewd.

Tonari no Seki-kun 10

Yay, new character! omg more misunderstandings! \o/ oh man, this is fantastic.

You people over here watching anime and not obsessing. Meanwhile us cool folks are sacrificing sleep to play Dark Souls II. I mean I've yet to watch the new Ping Pong episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom