• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the dead 8

I can't believe they're adding
Ayumu's and his parents' killer
to the harem. This is amazing.

And can someone PLEASE gif Kyouko on the swing. One of the funniest things in the series.

She never killed his parents. They are on vacation. Unless they reveal it in this episode, but I doubt that.

cajunator

Banned
I really like the motion and the weight of characters in that .gif. It conveys the excitement and energy of the scene in a notable manner without looking unnatural and odd. It's also remarkable to see all the characters in the background actually react in their own unique ways rather than some generic 'turn head to centre of attention' thing.

It reminds me a lot of early disney film animation. So fluid. Really impressed with that scene.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Huh, could have sworn she did, but a lot of the plot in season 1 is a blur to me. Ah well, that makes it slightly better.

Yeah, that would be slightly more fucked up had she done that.

Do you remember Akaiwa telling some of the girls they could live with him for know because his parents were on vacation?

/XX/

Habitual ways, huh? But yeah, isn't that kind of thing, a manga artist doing H-doujins of his own characters, somewhat uncommon?
As far as I've seen cases of it, yeah. Of those artists that continue doing those type of works, as some commenced on the 'ero' genre, many keep on like parallel lines the production of both 'non-H' mainstream and 'H' pet-peeve (including self-published) works to try different things more freely. Their editors wouldn't like it otherwise, so even under pseudonyms they take on other characters.

One example I like; old original GAiNAXers, members or other people related to the studio have always shown a pretty liberal stance on how their fans should treat their properties, however the majority preferred to tackle the properties of others for explicit issues from associated 'dōjin' circles, like CHOSEN AME (朝鮮飴) or UROBOROS (ウロボロス).

I really like the motion and the weight of characters in that .gif. It conveys the excitement and energy of the scene in a notable manner without looking unnatural and odd. It's also remarkable to see all the characters in the background actually react in their own unique ways rather than some generic 'turn head to centre of attention' thing.
I like how the front-left dude tries to play it off after he jumps by going into an awkward "I'm trying to look casual" pose.

/XX/

Was there ever word on whether some of the animation in Apollon is rotoscoped? I remember some people mentioning it a while ago.

Here, although if I remember correctly this related article was already posted on this thread:

臨場感あふれる演奏シーン 『坂道のアポロン』アニメ制作の舞台裏を公開 (菅野よう子) ニュース-ORICON STYLE-
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2008951/

7Th

I'm guessing Shaft got complaints from insecure otaku, they have removed ALL manservice from Nisemonogatari's BD release:

fQ7pq.jpg

yldZo.jpg

e0aUx.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, the playing-music scenes are. You can tell as well, if you're paying attention, but it's done really well. I can't imagine the show working without them resorting to that technique.
I think it was mentioned in the thread that they record live sessions but only used those as a reference.

Also, my manservice ;-;

cajunator

Banned
I'm guessing Shaft got complaints from insecure otaku, they have removed ALL manservice from Nisemonogatari's BD release:

I can't help but wonder if they really save any money at all by redoing everything. shaft always cuts corners only to redo practically the whole thing later for BR release.
Does any other studio do this?

7Th

Also, my manservice ;-;

So much for the argument that the nakedness of the scene was meant to put Araragi and Shinobu in equal grounds. In the end, it turned out to be nothing but shameless lolifan pandering. Reminds me of the whole "Mami's empty house represents her loneliness" thing from Madoka episode 2.

So much for the argument that the nakedness of the scene was meant to put Araragi and Shinobu in equal grounds. In the end, it turned out to be nothing but shameless lolifan pandering. Reminds me of the whole "Mami's empty house represents her loneliness" thing from Madoka episode 2.

1337604809446olenz.png

Shaft: lol, no budget

Dresden

Dumb pics aside, that scene is . . . simple. The shift from manservice to fanservice is indicative of the kind of transitive experience that Nisemonogatari was for the characters. Shaft is making a point via BD release changes that even nudity is immaterial.

survivor

Banned
Chihayafuru 10

Sports bullshit in a "sports" anime, I should have expected that.
I really wanted them to lose so they can learn to be a better team the hard way, but whatever, this outcome will do for now.

NewFresh

Here, although if I remember correctly this related article was already posted on this thread:

臨場感あふれる演奏シーン 『坂道のアポロン』アニメ制作の舞台裏を公開 (菅野よう子) ニュース-ORICON STYLE-
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2008951/

Once I clicked it I realized that I had already read it :p

I guess it just slipped my mind.

Anyone with sense saw the scene for what it was right away.

But stained glass? Where's the toilet and sink?

It's a large bathroom.

Jex

I don't really think anyone find that's surprising though.

Also, further proof that SHAFT's BD changes only make things worse!

Geneijin

Busou Shinki now getting a TV anime...

Director: Yasuhito Kikuchi (Infinite Stratos, Macross Frontier)
Series Script Editor: Masahiro Yokotani (Maria Holic; Steins;Gate, K-ON! scripts)
Character Design: Takahiro Kishida (Madoka Magica, Cheburashka Arere?)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Ryouma Ebata (Blue Exorcist; Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW's animation director's assistant)
Animation Production: 8-Bit (Infinite Stratos, Aquarion Evol)

- ANN

The first episode of the ONA series to those curious.

Jex

Because the current "kawaii Moe" boom is really destroying the heart of japanese animation and weakens the people in it.

No no, it already has destroyed Japanese animation. That, and the death of cell animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom