• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medaka Box 8

I've been reading the manga... And, damn. This must be one of the most faithful manga-to-anime adaptations in history.

Isn't Mushi-shi held true to this statement too? If I recall from the DVD extras, it was stated that the anime followed the manga faithfully, or to some degree. I have no way of stating this as fact as I have not read the manga though.

Branduil

SHITHEAD_ACTION_gif_animation_by_bahijd.gif

Thread need more examples of his work.

Well it's easy to see why an animation studio would take the unusual step of subcontracting out key animation work to a westerner.

Branduil

True enough. :/

This is also sadly true enough. :/

Yeah, I know. I just feel bad for the talented animators who work tirelessly for pennies. Er... yen. :/

I'm doing my part to support good anime (these just arrived from Amazon).

Sucks that they chose that terrible cover for Arrietty.

Seeing as the anime is probably not going to get episodes 16-74 on DVD in the US, I should probably go and start collecting the 18 manga volumes soon then.
I thought they had released more of it. Oh Viz, you shouldn't have bothered dubbing it in the first place. The manga is out of print, I think.

Branduil

Toilets go in toilet rooms, not bathrooms.
Putting a toilet in the bathroom would mean the bathroom could wind up smelly when you want to take a bath, and would make it difficult for people to use the toilet when someone's soaking in the bath.
Not to mention the bathroom floor will frequently be wet from the overspill from the tub, so you don't really want to walk in there when you're not going to bathe.

I hear there do exist some weird foreign cultures where they put toilets in bathrooms, though.

Not all of us can afford the luxury of separated baths and toilets.

What are you talking about? I've literally just read the corresponding chapters for the Onigase introduction. Everything's identical.

First thing that really stood out is that they handcuffed Zenkichi's opposite arm. Second thing was meeting Kurokami on the elevator. Both of those stood out as really odd to me, and I haven't read the chapter since it first came out.

I thought they had released more of it. Oh Viz, you shouldn't have bothered dubbing it in the first place.

If a person wants the entire series, I believe it can be purchased digitally from Amazon for around $2 an episode. I would rather have a physical copy though.

I guess I have enjoyed my fair share of the series though. Once on Ani-Mondays and the second time was on Manga Ent.'s YouTube channel.

cajunator

Banned
I thought they had released more of it. Oh Viz, you shouldn't have bothered dubbing it in the first place. The manga is out of print, I think.

Thats not the biggest atrocity by Viz.
Their worst offense was aborting Full Moon o Sagoshite after volume 7. I was fucking pissed. It would have run about 15-16 dvds probably.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Of the Dead 8

Well only two more episodes to go. Loved the road to the mixer and the mixer. Ayumu was so hilarious OOC and also looked cool.

I guess its ending just as Kingdom will be beginning, hope its worth it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sankarea 8

Wow. Yasuda's an ass.

This episode is entirely skippable. Boring as hell, too. The only thing you need to know to be able to keep following the show without watching this one is that
Furuya was kidnapped by Rea's annoyingly pretentious father.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chet, don't get out of hand with that stuff. Remember, our benevolent google overlords don't appreciate bounce like you do.

wonzo

Banned
Kids on the Slope 7

Forget what I said about Sengoku Collection 8. This was by far and away the best episode of anything I've seen from this year. What a way to single-handedly redeem this show for last weeks episode.

also since when did Crunchyroll start adding lyrics to the opening and endings?!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
from memory they not only changed the songs (including the ending) for the dub but they also messed with the original japanese track for the dvd release.

Gurren Lagann is the only mecha anime worth watching anyway
hell no

Yeah. It pretty much ruins a lot of scenes by changing the tone.
I've only watched the first few episodes a long time ago (i've read the manga) but it's pretty disgusting considering how meticulously the music was integrated into the show.

Sengoku Collection 8

It got deeper like I want but even I coulndt understand. Only thing I remember were the plays and how plays either have no content or they have content but are not meant to be understood. Perhaps the episode was the same.

How did she
retain rice powers IRL?! I thought it was a dream

Oh for the OP Single, the nonsectradicals kokuri chop ver, is probably my favorite version of the song, and the instrumental. I hope the group does more anime songs in the future.

survivor

Banned
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? 2

This new girl has potential to be the best one ever. The forest trip was hilarious, damn Haruna running away from bees was great

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? 3

Hahaha "This is butt love". Also the dance was too glorious. I really like the new vampire ninja, great addition.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? 4

Bestest episode yet. Glorious maid cafe at full power. Full of psychological battles and wit. Death Note am cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom