• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell did you guys do to cajun?!

I keep meaning to watch that show.

If you haven't seen Highschool of the Dead, you have seriously been missing out. It has zombies, boobs, zombies, boobs, a drill to the head, zombies, getting moist from slicing zombies, boobs, zombies, and boobs. It's everything you need and nothing you don't!

Branduil

refreshed.jpg

I don't know whether it's impressive or sad that you've kept that list all this time.

When did scy get added, anyway?

survivor

Banned
Nah man, Dresden is the one who found Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, and I still read it even though he lost interest because of zzzzconomics.

It's also a much better economics textbook than Spice and Wolf. Though it's a shame that the anime isn't using the manga's art style but is using the LN art style instead.
What's wrong with the LN art style?

Branduil

J
Jormungand feels like something I should like. It has a cast of professionals who are just extremely good at their jobs, and despite the two biggest characters in the show being stupid anime characters (crazy lesbian and child prodigy), it should be right up my alley. Heck, I'm probably one of the few people who likes the film Ronin after all, and half of that movie was David Mamet dick measuring dialog with fancy car chases.

Jormungand is just... I dunno. I feel like the music direction is great, the story is there, but it just looks and feels dumb at times.

JB6Ucl.jpg

Beyond cutting back on carbs with half sandwiches, the way the daughter is holding her half-sandwich is gravity defying.

Maybe how stupid it looks is enough to mess with any enjoyment I might get out of the show. And god knows I usually don't give a shit about how anything is animated, so even I'm shocked at my own reaction.

Hell, the first cour even ended on a pretty interesting cliffhanger... but the way it's presented just made it all feel pretty dumb.

White Fox working its magic again.

Jex

Jormungand feels like something I should like. It has a cast of professionals who are just extremely good at their jobs, and despite the two biggest characters in the show being stupid anime characters (crazy lesbian and child prodigy), it should be right up my alley. Heck, I'm probably one of the few people who likes the film Ronin after all, and half of that movie was David Mamet dick measuring dialog with fancy car chases.

Jormungand is just... I dunno. I feel like the music direction is great, the story is there, but it just looks and feels dumb at times.

JB6Ucl.jpg

Beyond cutting back on carbs with half sandwiches, the way the daughter is holding her half-sandwich is gravity defying.

Personally, I love the girls expression. I didn't realise the human mouth could open so wide.

Her elbows are quite telling as well. Are they floating in the air or resting down? If they're resting and then they are resting on the thin edge of a tray, which would be extremely uncomfortable and her weight would cause the tray to flip up.

Branduil

Fujiko 13 - END

Bad. Really bad. It's kinda hilarious how this series basically completely fell apart and collapsed into a pile of shit from ep8 onwards. Before that it was mostly just boring, but in the second half the series really managed to somehow turn into an actively bad and offensive series by wallowing in self-important imagery and stupid plot developments. Every single aspect of the serious plot and all the revelations are terrible.

The last episode is like watching someone play a crappy JRPG and get to the final boss room where the villain spends 15 minutes of exposition on explaining all the plot twists and tying everything in the entire series together, explaining every reference and every piece of imagery. Not only is it childishly written, worse of all it isn't even entertaining or engaging. It's just dumb, contrived, and nonsensical.

This is terrible series and I will rather watch a 2 hour special on Ancient Aliens than ever think about this piece of trash again. The worst show this season by a country mile.

I'd just like to say I think I was onto something when I first criticized the OP as being pretentious and overwrought.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bad hair moe.

Her hair is beautiful. She is like a character out of AKB only instead of being a horrific train wreck of sin she is one of the most deliciously moe anime characters I have ever seen. It's quite obvious that she is the character the people making the show care the most about and I'm only 3 episodes in.

1stStrike

Banned
Hilarious power up scene. MC unleashes his power and the
fallen angel just impales him with her spear before he can do anything.

It's not really the action that was funny so much as the way the animation was done.

The story, albeit thin so far, is starting to come together. This is so far similar to Demon King, though, with all the hot chicks and the dude with powers. He just doesn't start off Demon King strong and has to "power up" instead.

The boobs are good, though. They spared no expense on the nipples either. This is definitely not a PG-13 anime.

Jex

Her hair is beautiful. She is like a character out of AKB only instead of being a horrific train wreck of sin she is one of the most deliciously moe anime characters I have ever seen. It's quite obvious that she is the character the people making the show care the most about and I'm only 3 episodes in.

Isn't that a polite way of saying "have a creepy obsession with"?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I get the feeling that Go Nagai has already gone there, just because, well, you know.

Yes, I know. And I'll never be able to un-know.

No, I don't let my food go that bad. Didn't you ever watch episode 11 of Cowboy Bebop?

Fortunately my refrigerator at least has the advantage of normal Earth gravity to slow or prevent any random mutation of its contents.

One of the worst scenes in anime history.

The SUPERIORITY of the GREAT NIHON-TOU over CRASS INFERIOR WESTERN SWORDS.

Only if you believe that moe is inherently sexual!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't see whats wrong with people putting in true love into their craft and creating characters in a story they truly care about.

Smile Precure 04

I didn't get it at first going through this episode.

Yayoi fits a very specific archetype in a cast of magical girls and so does Miyuki. I assumed that Akane was the hotblooded, sports loving athletic girl (with an Osaka accent to boot) but then in comes Nao who is all of that but she happens to play a much better sport.

Then it dawned on me that having 2 tomboy type characters in the same cast is not necessarily a bad thing. Just like how at least early on the best pairing in Oniisama e... involved two tomboy characters (although with completely different personalities) so too does Smile Precure. Akane x Nao is definitely where its at.

Nao gets the sad sob backstory and damn thats a lot of little kids shes looking after. Cure March has a cool design, dat hair explosion, and her battle style and special attack is definitely pretty interesting so far.

i5CSTl.jpg

So by the end of the episode I approved. She also does what Ronaldon't :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I guess it depends on what kind of fanart they draw in their spare time.

As miserable as being a Japanese animator is, I would be surprised if many continue to draw the objects of their suffering in their scant spare time. Maybe this explains the existence of guro fanart--it's simply underpaid, overworked animators lashing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom