• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Brain Powerd 11-14

So, Yu's sister has personality's problems, his father is rather weird, his mom is a slut and the dude act like an asshole more than needed. Oh, and Jonathan is actually a literal motherfucker. I'm still not sure what the real role of Hime is supposed to be.

wonzo

Banned
The Turd Called Fujiko Mine 13 END

i4esYG1HYAqgd.gif

Erm, well... I guess it's kinda "impressive" they managed to cram so many self-indulgent trainwrecks into the last few episodes... yeah, I really should've dropped this at the Kestro ep. :/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Witch Punie-chan

Overall, this sucked. The premise was decent enough, but it felt a lot like one of those really bad SNL movies where a premise that was conceived for a short sketch was stretched to an hour and a half. It's pretty much the same jokes throughout, and they were all done better in Excel Saga at that. Not that there weren't any funny moments at all, but it just felt like somebody *ahem* phoned this in.

Quest Dance 64
tumblr_m6bsch6Tel1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Quest Dance was way more interesting than the actual school trip. Didnt really care much for continuing Saaya development or the characters feelings for one another in that regard. Oh well, but everything in Quest Dance was hilarious, and Demon King Dante, hope theres more parts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jormungand 12 + Retrospective
Jormungand is really all over the place in terms of its quality from moment to moment. It's a very strange and often unfulfilling show but I find myself drawn to it because I'm interested in the subject matter.

I feel like if this got the Oceans 11 treatment - all star cast with a competent/good director, it could be a really bad ass film. As it stands, it's a very hard to like cartoon.

Jex

Magical Witch Punie-chan

Overall, this sucked. The premise was decent enough, but it felt a lot like one of those really bad SNL movies where a premise that was conceived for a short sketch was stretched to an hour and a half. It's pretty much the same jokes throughout, and they were all done better in Excel Saga at that. Not that there weren't any funny moments at all, but it just felt like somebody *ahem* phoned this in.

Owch!

sonicmj1

Lupin III 13/END

Those last two episodes are like all the things I hate about Japanese storytelling happening constantly. Stupid amounts of exposition at the very end, packed with twists that have no meaning and serve no purpose, which ultimately make me wonder what the point of everything was. All the plot stuff at the end comes across as lazy.

There's a kind of cool fight at the end, but it doesn't even come close to saving the episode.

At least Sankarea has the excuse that it was DEEN. This is just sad.

Jex

But chances are they're not using that art, so I'm not sure if the moe levels will be as high.

For those interested, the pages I posted are from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!".

Not to be confused with Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Other Side of the Hill or Maoyuu 4-Koma: You're Horrible, Maou-sama!, which are all awful in comparison.

Well, I can see why it would be easy to get confused.

Jex

Mysterious Girlfriend X 10

Worst haircut ever. And with the new haircut, she has also gone insane. Tsubaki is falling right into her trap too. Can't wait to see what the next episode will bring, but I'll have to.

You know, it's possible that she was always insane and the haircut had nothing to do with it.

Narag

I've wondered this before... why is there one Mr. Ōtsuka but two Hayao Miyazaki in that shot? Were they hinting at something with that? Is he a twin brother? A clone? That would explain how much workload he was (they were) able to take!

I'm glad you brought this up because I wondered quite a bit if those were self-inserts due to the art shift. Now I know and of who!

Lupin III (1971) 23 FIN

Very hit or miss episode with an annoying segment between Zenigata and his boss. Lupin summoning his gang was a bit out there too. The heist itself was pretty good but I was more sympathetic towards Zenigata who actually showed some great initiative this episode. Lupin made an uncharacteristically stupid mistake that's just plain stupid that led to this amazing standoff between his gang and the police before turning stupid again. Really visually inconsistent at that which took me out of it.

I can't believe this

is from the same episode at this.

Series overall was pretty good though. The earlier Osumi stuff takes a bit to click but once it does, there's some magic as in episodes 4 and 9. Miyazaki/Takahata stuff is really hit or miss but the high points of episodes 14 and 17 and ending sequence of 11 are really special. It's a shame episodes like 16 and 22 mar their work, and unfortunately, the series as a whole.
The first screenie is at least redeemed by having two Miyazakis and mother-fuckin' Otsuka in the shot. That second one, though, is just them being dirty. Glad you liked the series, overall. Every Lupin series has its notable faults, and here we can count them all.

I've wondered this before... why is there one Mr. Ōtsuka but two Hayao Miyazaki in that shot? Were they hinting at something with that? Is he a twin brother? A clone? That would explain how much workload he was (they were) able to take!
As well as his preference for sci-fan plot scenarios? I'll take that excuse!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DTL is 100% correct she is the best character.

Later on the show its revealed that
her cursed weapon gives her essentially immortality as she can't die from wounds but basically has a drawback where she has to kill and torture people in order to live. So she chooses to kill and torture herself over and over and over. This leads to an absolutely fantastic painful yet erotic scene involving this stuff and the guy she loves. Best scene in the whole show.

The show itself pretty much sucks. The first few episodes are worth watching though, the twist bits are nice and so are the battle scenes. There are some definitely high points in the show but as a whole it sucks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

her cursed weapon gives her essentially immortality as she can't die from wounds but basically has a drawback where she has to kill and torture people in order to live. So she chooses to kill and torture herself over and over and over. This leads to an absolutely fantastic painful yet erotic scene involving this stuff and the guy she loves. Best scene in the whole show.

You forgot to mention that the weapon looks like bondage gear

duckroll

Remember how the Blood-C movie made 32,037,000yen in the first 2 days of release at the box office? It is now reported that the movie has made over 100,000,000yen in 23 days. Puttign it in the same league as the recent Berserk movie, which made the same amount in total despite screening on 93 screens (as compared to Blood-C's 24 screens).

VICTORY FOR SAYA! :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like if this got the Oceans 11 treatment - all star cast with a competent/good director, it could be a really bad ass film. As it stands, it's a very hard to like cartoon.
That would certainly help. The pieces are all there but they just aren't being put together in the right way.

Lain

Remember how the Blood-C movie made 32,037,000yen in the first 2 days of release at the box office? It is now reported that the movie has made over 100,000,000yen in 23 days. Puttign it in the same league as the recent Berserk movie, which made the same amount in total despite screening on 93 screens (as compared to Blood-C's 24 screens).

So Saya failed to protect this one.

1stStrike

Banned

Does that mean the movie is actually good then? Cause the series wasn't.

-Minsc-

Yes, you were right, and it only more people were not blinded by the potential quality that Koike and Yamamoto might have provided, we would not have suffered like G did. :(

I watched the first two episodes then planned to head back once the series was finished. It seems I no longer have the wind in my sails to do that.

Good thing we have Super Space Bros.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Not much anime left.

Fuck it. Narag got me interested.

Gonna marathon FSN VN after work.

wooo...

How long is it?

Pretty long. I'm a few days in and near the end of the UBW rote. I know I'll be starting HF today at least.

And on that note: FSN/UBW spoilers
Is Taiga the only woman in this goddamn game that isn't placed in a situation where she's raped/almost raped. Jesus christ.

duckroll

Apollon ep12 has pretty interesting animation credits. The author of the manga - Yuki Kodama, is also created for key animation. I guess she probably did some stills somewhere. Looking forward to watching it soon!

Jex

That sounds...so...anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom