• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Thoraxes

The UK special editions (or only editions at the moment) are just the show plus that little art book that came with the US editions. We don't even get card codes for the mobile game. ;__;
;_;
lXydm2k.jpg
You know it's true!
You need God Eater, I need Mushishi S2, and Thoarxes needs Samurai Flamenco. Together, we form the trinity of neglected Aniplex of America licenses! Perhaps tomorrow will bring some good news, or at the very least more people pestering them during the Q&A.
SamFlam is almost totally out in Europe too. I really hope that they mention it in some form.

As for an expectation, I'm pretty sure they'll release owarimonogatari this year (at least a volume of it), maybe even an import release of Kizu.

Line_HTX

Is anyone going to be watching New Game? I swear I can't get over that >_< face of the lead character. It looks like the faces Karen makes in Kiniro Mosaic, lol

So why cant funi give case closed a shot again because how streaming anime works now a days?

At least the new episodes are being streamed by Crunchyroll.

But I wish that they could have the whole series available. It's hard for anyone new to jump in when the first 753 episodes aren't up (and FUNi only had the first 123, meaning there's still a 600+ episode gap).

I just wish that Conan could really get a second shot in the US somehow.

phaze

Not relevant to this anime season, but I've been watching Hunter x Hunter and man it is a slow burn. I've reached the
Auction
arc and things seem to be picking up.

It's the shows best arc I dare say so savour it.

Katanagatari ep.10
mqdefault.jpg

An interesting way to both gather another sword, give some backstory on Togame as well as discovering the true nature of Kyotouryuu. Excellent way to tie tjose things together as well.

I guess the bigger battle really comes next week, because this week the antagonist was annoying, so a final showdown with the maniwani corps should be fun.

Eagerly awaiting your reaction your reaction to last eps.

Clov

SamFlam is almost totally out in Europe too. I really hope that they mention it in some form.

As for an expectation, I'm pretty sure they'll release owarimonogatari this year (at least a volume of it), maybe even an import release of Kizu.

Yeah, I think an import version of Kizu is pretty likely. It will probably be pretty nice too! I hope they will have at least one surprise, though.

Yeah, I think an import version of Kizu is pretty likely. It will probably be pretty nice too! I hope they will have at least one surprise, though.

The best surprise would be if Aniplex started providing English subs for the extras such as commentaries on their premium releases here. I'm reminded of this because I just looked at Bandai's import editions of Gundam the Origin, which look great, but which don't have English subs on anything but the film itself either. I don't mind paying high prices for quality releases, but if you're not actually going to properly localize them I may as well be importing straight from Japan instead of going through Rightstuf or whatever.

JulianImp

At least the new episodes are being streamed by Crunchyroll.

But I wish that they could have the whole series available. It's hard for anyone new to jump in when the first 753 episodes aren't up (and FUNi only had the first 123, meaning there's still a 600+ episode gap).

I just wish that Conan could really get a second shot in the US somehow.

I don't think it could be actually marketed properly due to the ridiculous gap in episodes, as even official subs would take forever to complete, let alone dubs, and all that would probably take more money than it's worth when they could be spending it on TLing or dubbing shows that sell more.

So why cant funi give case closed a shot again because how streaming anime works now a days?

I think that would be risky for Funi since they probably would like to put out discs of it, and I wonder if the fandom of the show is that massive in the US to loyally buy it for that many disc sets.

Though maybe there is, viz keeps putting out the books.

Tuck

Iron Fortress - END
Not entirely sure how to feel about this. It was an alright ending. The Biba battle was pretty anticlimactic, but everything else was mostly fine.

But what was the point? Biba had nothing going for him. He was evil... just because. And he didn't even put up much of a fight in the end. The world is still overrun by zombies, most of the major cities are gone.

What was the point?

Mum went from being an awesome character to being the worst part of this show. Her actions made no sense. Her insistence on calling Biba "Brother" was infuriating. Second on the list for stupidity was the villagers. But really, everyone got to hold the idiot ball for at least a second or two.

The show has style, and I like the characters. I even like the concept. But the writing needed work. Character motivations beyond Ikoma were garbage. The main conflict didn't make any sense half the time.

I won't like, I enjoyed it enough. Just barely enough, that I would watch a second season.

But ultimately, I come away sadly disappointed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kanbaneri of the Iron Fortress Episode 12:

So the thing is this was a better final episode then much of other series that I saw end this season but this really does come across as at best a season finale since, you know, they are still squalid nomads venturing across a hellish zombie filled wasteland.

Mandelbo

Konosuba OVA

Entertaining, but not as much as the original series, imo. Relied a little too heavily on fanservice for my taste, but Kazuma still being an asshole was great fun and the jokes landed fairly consistently for me. I don't know why but the times when Kazuma interjects with "hi, I'm Kazuma" or something similar still kills me every time it happens!

Roll on season 2!

Cornbread78

Fullmetal Alchemist:B ep.44-46
FMA-Brotherhood-Episode-46-full-metal-alchemist-24675367-528-301.png

Ok, there is a lot of stuff going on all at once here as "that Day" comes closer. Ed rueniting with Winry was hilarious as he caught a peek or her changing, until she noticed, lol. Her character has been really good and she keeps getting better as we go along. Either way, the nexy couple episodes should get pretty intense as all these different plot lines (and "anti" groups collapse on Central to prevent tge terror from happening.

Thoraxes

Let's hope so!
The best surprise would be if Aniplex started providing English subs for the extras such as commentaries on their premium releases here. I'm reminded of this because I just looked at Bandai's import editions of Gundam the Origin, which look great, but which don't have English subs on anything but the film itself either. I don't mind paying high prices for quality releases, but if you're not actually going to properly localize them I may as well be importing straight from Japan instead of going through Rightstuf or whatever.
I don't mind if they don't do it for the import stuff, but for the actual AoA domestic releases it would be nice to have them on more things than just Bakemonogatari. Even TTGL BD BOX had a full translation booklet for all the supplementary materials at least.

I will say that regardless, their bitrates and video quality is easily ahead of everyone else, so that value is there for people like me.

Also if you have a bluray player on your computer, you can remove the subs too.
iirc, either Discotek or Media Blasters was working on getting the rest of the series as Detective Conan in name versus the Funi localized name of Case Closed.

Maybe AX will bring a miracle.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So after watching the first season of Knights of Sidonia, I want some good space anime recommendations! Bonus points if there are ships/mechs fighting in space and there is a take off launch scene from a ship that I can't wait to experience in VR!

CDiggity

Cranberry of the Iron Forretress

I should have watched this series on Sakugabooru and called it a day. What a waste of my time, but then again it's my fault for watching all of it thinking it might get better. The writing was absolutely dreadful. At least in the beginning the show had energy, but the 2nd half totally derailed that.

It's not memorably good or terrible, and I'll probably forget about it in a season or two, or at least until the next time a studio tries to make something clearly designed to try and get more of that sweet Titan money.
It'll probably be WIT again.

So after watching the first season of Knights of Sidonia, I want some good space anime recommendations! Bonus points if there are ships/mechs fighting in space and there is a take off launch scene from a ship that I can't wait to experience in VR!

So you did not like it? A shame if so, since it's such a great sci-fi anime.

But space recommendation? Gundam is pretty much what you want. Then you have thngs like Majestic Prince and obvious one like Guren Laggan. But I suppose those are all things you already watched? Also it's not space but Fafner is really great and probably one of the top mecha show.

Edit: You also have Captain Harlock

tuffy

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 has plenty of ship-to-ship space battles, neat fighter takeoff scenes, and is just a good show all around.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I like Kabaneri a heck of a lot more than Titan. Paced well, and was as compelling as a Snowpiercer: Dark Territory anime could be. Satisfied with finale.

Trojita

So you did not like it? A shame if so, since it's such a great sci-fi anime.

But space recommendation? Gundam is pretty much what you want. Then you have thngs like Majestic Prince and obvious one like Guren Laggan. But I suppose those are all things you already watched? Also it's not space but Fafner is really great and probably one of the top mecha show.

Edit: You also have Captain Harlock

I liked it lol.

Trojita

Yo WTF @ Anne Happy giving out bad information like diving under a pool will save you against a lightning strike. The teacher just barely mentions that was bullshit at the end "They shouldn't have been unhurt".

Botan, stop believing shit you read online.

Just wanted to be sure :p But if so what are you doing?! Go watch season 2!

Oh I'm beginning to!

Cornbread78

Fullmetar Alchemist:B ep.47
tumblr_md6r1drOCU1qbmv14o2_500.gif

I gotta say, that was a pretty damn cool fight and that closing surprise reintroduction was pretty damn hype. Great balance of moves between the group, even with the comedic break, to battle Gluttony and Pride. BRB, gotta start the next episode..

kewlmyc

Canary of the Iron Forest 05-12

Eh, I still like Attack on Titan more. The world is more consistent. Anyway, that's a way happier ending than I expected.
None of the good guys died other than Fat Eren. Guess the moral of the story is don't be fat. :/

Jarmel

Banned
Kabaneri-11
0CYLZXJ.jpg

The low resolution of the image reflects the low animation quality present in the episode itself.
Biba's entire plan is stupid. Have we even seen anybody be infected just from touching Kabane blood alone? Didn't Ikoma get a ton of that splashed on him in the first episode but it was the bite that did him in? Why did nobody shoot Biba who clearly infected his father?

Okouchiiiiiiiiiiii

Fireblend

Banned
My gf and I are watching FMA: Brotherhood (first time for her, rewatch for me) and man, it's so damn good. There are shows I'm willing to admit are among my favorites because nostalgia is a powerful thing, but I really don't think that applies here. The story is so good, every single character has purpose and weight to them, animation and art is top-notch, and even though I remember the music being better in the original series, this one has a super solid OST as well.

We're at episode ~35 now and I'm surprised at how much I had forgotten about the story. I didn't remember
Ed and Al knowing Bradley was a homunculus or knowing so much about Father's end game
for more than half of the show, for example. It took me by surprise how early that happens.

Defuser

Kabaneri-11

Biba's entire plan is stupid. Have we even seen anybody be infected just from touching Kabane blood alone? Didn't Ikoma get a ton of that splashed on him in the first episode but it was the bite that did him in? Why did nobody shoot Biba who clearly infected his father?

Okouchiiiiiiiiiiii

The father was pricked by something hidden in the blade.

Mailbox

>~<
I wanted to binge and get my spring stuff off my list. But then I bought Recettear from the steam sale.

Unfortunately Hundred and Big Odor are on my binge list next... So I'm not feeling overly pressured :/

Kawamori's got a new show.

The new series is set in a near-future world where the boundary between human being and AI is vague. A rapid biological evolution, similar to "Cambrian Explosion," is caused by one incident. This incident turns into the genesis of a new jostle for supremacy, and the influence of the evolution goes beyond biological framework and spreads to various kinds of materials and technologies. The era of massive evolution involving diverse existences, such as human, machines and biotechnologies, is coming. Characters fight an existential war in such a world.

Sounds, er, interesting?

Top Bottom