• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

duckroll

Kawamori's new anime...

The new series is set in a near-future world where the boundary between human being and AI is vague. A rapid biological evolution, similar to "Cambrian Explosion," is caused by one incident. This incident turns into the genesis of a new jostle for supremacy, and the influence of the evolution goes beyond biological framework and spreads to various kinds of materials and technologies. The era of massive evolution involving diverse existences, such as human, machines and biotechnologies, is coming. Characters fight an existential war in such a world.

....is Overwatch?????

HUMAN AND OMNIC AS ONE!

I don't know will you like it or not, or will this become good adaption, but this series nothing like DxD.
At least the "school" part will end in episode 3-5 depends the pace, and i think there are higher chance that people thought this is some kind of shoujo adaption "thanks" to anime's character design lol.

Yeah that should be the series you read before, and the anime character design is way different than LN.

The character designs and general aesthetic tone of the anime trailers is the only reason I'm interested in the show, since I have intense skepticism about the source.

Jintor

Zero Time Dilemma -END-

Pretty good, not 100% what I wanted but glad it got made and still made my brain explode a whole lot so pretty great all up

Berserk 5

Now that we're out of Guts' backstory and back to fairly typical medieval-style warfare, the story is no longer hampering my ability to enjoy the attractive art.

Dynedom

Bibaneri - 12

I mean, he won right? He's the real main character. Let's break it down:

1) He
destroyed the supposed last bastion of civilization in Japan. There are no more stations (or at least ones as heavily protected). That was his major goal: to create an environment where you had to be strong to survive.

2) He
got revenge on his father and almost all the major shogunate/ruling class if they were complicit in abandoning his platoon.

3) His
entire army wasn't wiped out, with some boarding the fucking Kotetsu

4) He
fucking cures Ikoma as a final "Fuck you, I essentially own your soul"

This is master levels of storytelling.

Qurupeke

Kabaneri [END] Brought to you by Biba-sama.

I'd like to point a few things that didn't make sense, but I'll stick on the energy beams. Did I miss something or is there any explanation of them? I mean, it is sure hard to accept a lot of things with this show, like the whole idea behind colony titans, but energy beams are the worst. I guess they just wanted to have a train crash for the final episode, as a metaphor for the show.

JulianImp

It looks like this season got several shows that got considerably worse by the end, such as Ace Attorney, Mayoiga, Kiznaiver (even though it was still good) and Kabaneri (which I haven't seen, but then again a slight twist on AoT didn't sound too promising for me). Then there's the supposed KumaMiko fiasco, but I luckily jumped off that train really early after the first episode made me question what the heck I had just watched.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Find me the person that thought the Ace Attorney anime started out in a good place to be able to decline in quality.

Legitimately one of the worst seasons overall though in a long, long time.

Find me the person that thought the Ace Attorney anime started out in a good place to be able to decline in quality.

I strongly disagree! There was a bunch of stuff I really enjoyed and a couple of great surprise hit for me. I'm also waiting for netflix to release the show they got so I may had 2 more shows to my *bunch of stuff*.

Of course if you are a negative person and you focus on the bad only then of course it seems bad.

JulianImp

It was crap at first, but then the middle actually got somewhat better (but still bad), only to come crashing down even harder for the final case. After reading impressions on the final episode being even more underwhelming than expected I just decided to skip it outright.

There were a couple scenes that expanded characterizations that were kind of cool, but as a whole it felt like little more than a dull and soulless adaptation.

Of course if you are a negative person and you focus on the bad only then of course it seems bad.

League does tend to bring that out of people, yes.

Just T

Kabaneri: 12

Well that was a bit more underwhelming than expected. Hmm what to say about this overall, I think it started off really good, I mean it definitely had some flaws in there; still think the whole Kabane fusion was foolishness and a nice little handful of the background characters were annoying. So it wasn't some extraordinary show but it was very entertaining. Then Biba came and brought a bundle of bullshit with him, I think the show just kept going downhill from there, the little plot they had became worse, motorcycles and laser beams out of nowhere lol just a number of routes the show didn't need to go.

The show still had some great visuals, action (even though the last episode really felt lacking there), and nice music though.

Cornbread78

So ReLife and Berzerk kick off today, then Souma, Love Live, ReWrite and Hatsukoi Monster tomorrow?

Please be good ReWrite! Please be Good!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am taking everything into account. The trashy shows were not very fun. The action shows were lame. The SoL shows were fleeting and forgettable. Very little (if anything) even attempted to fall into a more artistic or thoughtful category. It was even a weak period for long running shows that can help a season stay afloat.
League does tend to bring that out of people, yes.
I am on a League hiatus.
Every season is the worst season in a long, long time.
No. This Spring was worse than the last, or the years prior. It will also be sandwiched by far superior seasons.

Cornbread78

There was a disturbing lack of mofu this season.

No Narag I will not watch Seisen Cerberus.

It better!

But you are missing the mofu's amazing character growth...

kKZSXr4.gif

To:
vZqRuxB.jpg

I'm not going to do list wars right now, but there were more shows I wanted to watch this past season than I was able to comfortably watch, which means I can't complain.

Line_HTX

I hope ReLife is good as well. Can't believe it'll all be up by the end of the day.

Wait, has Masou Gakuen HxH already aired?

It shows 7/6, but it looks like it's already up.

What?
Tweet me what's going on.

On another note, it seems like
that catboy in the Re:Zero preview looks suspiciously evil, hahahaha

Cornbread78

I hope ReLife is good as well. Can't believe it'll all be up by the end of the day.

What?
Tweet me what's going on.

On another note, it seems like
that catboy in the Re:Zero preview looks suspiciously evil, hahahaha

No Idea, just stuff being posted about it online.... There must have been an early screening today or something...

pbayne

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 12

Lol kind of the funniest single episode of anything this season for me.
I expected/wanted a big stupid action climax. It was certainly fucking stupid. The train scene and Biba's Metal Gear like creeping up on Ikoma were so hysterical, they kept me amused enough that i couldn't outright hate what was happening despite it being a lot of bullshit.

Alright overall, the last 4 episodes(Biba-time) really dragged it down though but the start was decent enough to prevent it from being a total trainwreck. Jesus i hope they don't have a season 2 planned cause ive had my fill at this point, no more please.

phaze

Bibaaaa 12
The juxtaposition of two self made Kabaneri, both of whom lost their friends on the battlefield, the coward and the man with no fear, Biba's self hate and sort of redemption through the saving of Ikoma is
a masterpiece of subtle writing and one we should applaud and beheld with eyes full of awe. 12/10 (Sort of serious here)

----
But why did Biba's father abandon him all those years ago ? Because of fear ? Really ? This is what happens when you take you buzzwords too seriously. A series is so utterly bereft of logic at times that even with a mind stained with anime for years, I was still frequently left flabbergasted.

Funniest moment was when the sub-baddie seemingly pulled out a speeding train out of his ass in the matter of seconds.

Overall - good riddance and all that.

thats something I could do then!

But I will wait for other impressions it seems...

It's basically like those 3 films, awesome Berserk story with awful jank cg animation and art. If you can look past the latter the films and this episode is really enjoyable, most of anime gaf won't be able to though which is understandable.

Narag

Berserk (2016) 1

Will stick with it to see if the visuals improve. Otherwise I figure it'll be a funny test as to whether or not Berserk is actually any good conceptually and not just Miura's art putting lipstick on a pig.

I'm just glad MPR isn't around to see this.

Wanderer5

So how about that Berserk....

Jesus.

Eh that was okay.

The tree part felt kind of forced and reminded me that we won't see the Lost Children Chapter, but otherwise that fight was pretty good. What a pleasant surprise to see a glimpse of Schierke, Ivalera, and Flora too.

The CGI isn't too distracting for now beside maybe a couple moments, but there some really nice close ups.

Top Bottom