• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh aweosme they got season 5 of Future Card Buddyfight, I wonder if they will add the dub. Thanks CR>
9a7664aa884f7c3a7921fe23c30aa2391491001607_full.png

jbug617

Banned
Funimation confirmed MHA S2 for tomorrow at 5:30am
C8SUIgwWAAAxPui.jpg

Sentai has licensed a Chuunibyou summary film, the Beyond the Boundary film, and Tamako Love Story.

I'm actually a little surprised, since they pretty much had no announcements at the cons last year.

A Silent Voice next pls.

amrod

Are there any other sites besides crunchyroll I could sub to, Maybe a different region?

The app on android keeps giving me the error

"There was a problem playing this video. Please try again or contact support if this problem persists" and the support was 0 help :(

Edit - Already sub to hulu /netflix / Amazon also

Are there any other sites besides crunchyroll I could sub to, Maybe a different region?

The app on android keeps giving me the error

"There was a problem playing this video. Please try again or contact support if this problem persists" and the support was 0 help :(

Funimation and Daisuki.

Sterok

Youjo Senki 12

War is pretty difficult to stop once it gets going, especially when all sides have a lot of resources and people. Good show overall. Took a ridiculous premise and ran with it while also showing off very well how cruel war is. I do like how we had an outright villain protagonist this time. Not something we see often in war stories I think.

Clov

A Silent Voice is next, huh? Seems Sentai has closely aligned themselves with KyoAni.

I don't care who does it, someone bring us Hyouka on Blu-ray!!!

Funimation confirmed MHA S2 for tomorrow at 5:30am
C8SUIgwWAAAxPui.jpg

A Silent Voice next pls.

Personally I'm hoping someone other than Sentai picks up A Silent Voice, since I'd rather not watch it with yellow subtitles and risk sub-par video quality for such a beautiful looking film. I'd love if GKids picked A Silent Voice up. They've always had nice releases for their films.

I'm also holding out hope that Hyouka gets picked up eventually. I'm still convinced that it will happen at some point.

John Blade

Well..Madlax is starting to get interesting after getting though the dry stuff at the beginning and into the story from this show.

mid83

Trying to get into anime this year. I might check out a couple of the more popular shows. Is there a simulcast schedule out for the new season?

Only other "notable" streaming services in NA are The Anime Network and Daisuki.

The Anime Network is limited to whatever series that ADV/Sentai Film Works has licensed. Daisuki has does a few Simulcasts, but no where near to the level that Crunchyroll and now Amazon Strike does.

Trying to get into anime this year. I might check out a couple of the more popular shows. Is there a simulcast schedule out for the new season?

This thread OP should be updated soon, but you can check this to have an idea of when a show will air. They should get updated soon enough, but they have some of the new shows air time.
For Crunchyroll
For Funimation

I do recommend checking My Hero Academia!

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 2 (Subtitled) Episode 97 – Battle! Green Baboon Attacks Junk Archer!
C8SglSdXsAE3s2l.jpg:small

Wow injury plot even comes to YGO. this is...I hope Crow somehow finds away to get through prelims.

Scums wish END.

Pretty show.

Pretty boring show.

Melodramatic internally monologing characters.

Unique voices, especially moca, uniquely annoying voice, hope I never have to hear her again.

Don't know how to feel about the end cause I don't really care about any of it.

Nice ED song tho.

The teacher was the only interesting part of the show.

A solid 6/10

e_i

Yuyushiki OVA

Choo choo, bitches. Also, Yukari has the best laugh ever. I never get tired of hearing it.

Heavy Metal L-Gaim Episode 29
C8SkSI1W0AAywis.jpg:small

Swimming anime in my mecha, nice Kyao.

I love the younger person suddenly becomes the leader plot. Leecee and others looking to Daba for solutions, but Daba dwelling in the land of indecision made for interesting developments for her characters and also for the others around the Daba faction.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 35

Epyon....that's one baaaaaaad gundam. Can't wait to see what it does next.

Jarmel

Banned
Samurai Jack S1-4

Yes yes this is all nice. Good family friendly cartoon.

Samurai Jack S5-1

what the fuck

she got beat like a cherokee drum

JulianImp

Well the pages doesn't mention the commentary at all. So I assumed you'd need to import..

I can't help but wonder what's the issue with those never getting released outside of Japan except for Bake (and I think some of Nise as well?). Is know if we don't get them because of some kind of license issue with the VAs, because it's cheaper to not get the rights for them and then translate the scripts, or due to some other reason? They're obviously quite quirky, but are really fun to listen to IMO.

Anyway, I've got the first movie edition that came with the mini-booklet as well, so I guess I'll end up ordering it alongside the third part once that one releases in BD. No subs does hurt since this is Nisio Isin we're talking about (so much wordplay...), but I really want my commentaries (plus, the JP LE boxes look nicer).

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 16 - Dawn of Nippon (Engdub)
C8TGqjRXoAAWDWz.jpg:small

The new teams are good, New Nippon was actually nice since it referenced and showed the old Nippon, though all of the old Nippon team are our favorites and living in plain sight (well except for Rave Shindo).

Best new character design, Im already liking Team Diffriders.
C8TDzKcXUAAI6hs.jpg:small

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Youjo Senki 12
I guess this is the most this show can realistically accomplish with eleven episodes. The thick atmosphere this final episode leaned in towards went a good way to playing up the inevitability and futility of continued conflict, and this reasoning is ultimately tied off neatly with the larger themes of the series. It's a clear stopping point though, and one that does not pack very much of a punch or leave a strong impression on its own. Logic and reason are not really the only gears shifting to turn the world, but the small glimpses into Tanya's emotional side driven by her hatred for god only really lend a very loose contrast to the world conflict here. The run time of the anime series is clearly not enough to push in further on the ideas it presents, and the near absence of direct religious commentary leaves things feeling especially incomplete.

zulux21

What's your username on MAL btw? I try to add more people I actually talk with on other sites.

my username on MAL is my username everywhere
zulux21 :p

I tried to rate things fairly, but a lot of times my ratings change day by day. one day something like Air might be a 7 the next day it might be a 5 lol.

I often forget to update in a while and then do it in a big chunk.

as far as animegaf is concerned I have terrible taste in anime. but it's all good... corn and a few others have my back lol.

Chaos; Child 12

I cannot believe that this entire fucking set up has been done as a way from his friend to give the MC a hard case to solve so that he can appear to be a hero.
ALL THOSE PEOPLE FUCKING DIED FOR THAT!? HOLY SHIT WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME WATCHING THIS!?

Youjo Senki 12

Man this episode laid on the tense thick as hell. I'm sad to see this show go because it leaves so many things unfinished and Tanya has gotten very more interesting of a character in these last few episodes.

Narag

Sentai's shop has a 1 day flash sale where you can buy both Akame ga Kill or Parasyte premium boxed sets for $50 total per series.

zulux21

Sentai's shop has a 1 day flash sale where you can buy both Akame ga Kill or Parasyte premium boxed sets for $50 total per series.

thanks for posting. I bought akame earlier but not parasyte.

decided to buy both again and will ideally get akame in in time to trade into amazon for $80 credit there making parasyte $20 for the series. (I wanted free shipping and seemed like getting free shipping and making $30 amazon credit was a good idea)

it's also tough to get by the whole "Evil loli leading an army" thought process....

thats a shame because without been brilliant it subverts many tropes and has a nice mix of humour and seriousness, apparently the LN goes deep into the logistics, strategy and the rationalization of war.

Is anime still terrible??

Depends.

We're about to go into a season where we're getting another work from the writer of Oreimo, anime strike continues to exist and has licensed some good shows, and Berserk season 2 is only days away.

Does that qualify as terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom